User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Use melatonin. It's natural and it works.
    Noooooooo! It's really easy to build a dependence on melatonin supplements.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why is that Fi?
    It just sounded like an Fi users response, it was a cheap imitation knock off of Fi wasnt it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My brother is a speed demon who even runs stoplights at times.

Brother: That dishonest fucker was hiding!
    Jag: Did you run the light or not?
    Brother: That dishonest fucker is a weasel.
    Jag: Did you run the damn light or not?
    Brother: That's not the point!
    Jag: You're guilty as charged, dickhead.

The only ticket I even half way argued with like that is when a cop was sitting between an off ramp and an on ramp and got me as I sped up to early to get on the highway. Granted I was at 60 before I even entered the on ramp, but still My car was boosted and I couldnt even make it from 35 to highway speeds in that short on ramp. I dont run ever run stop lights or signs on purpose. I always accept the punishments to my reactions even if I dont like them or verbally fight that its not fair, but never to the level of your brother as he obviously doesnt accept them.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Does that stuff actually work anyway?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Which, by itself, shouldn't persuade you from avoiding the substance.

MBTI
    STP

Does that stuff actually work anyway?
    As long as your stress levels arent to high. Or my dream was so really that I thought I wasnt sleeping even though I was.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    It just sounded like an Fi users response, it was a cheap imitation knock off of Fi wasnt it
    Honestly... please explain.
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    What makes it Fi?

The only ticket I even half way argued with like that is when a cop was sitting between an off ramp and an on ramp and got me as I sped up to early to get on the highway. Granted I was at 60 before I even entered the on ramp, but still My car was boosted and I couldnt even make it from 35 to highway speeds in that short on ramp. I dont run ever run stop lights or signs on purpose. I always accept the punishments to my reactions even if I dont like them or verbally fight that its not fair, but never to the level of your brother as he obviously doesnt accept them.
    The only ticket I ever got was when I was 19... in a town I didn't know, at a speed trap, at 11:30pm at night... and right after I saw a sign and slowed down and said to the person with me, "Whew, knowing my luck I'll get pulled over..." Little did I realize I had missed the FIRST sign, 500 feet back, that was not clearly marked.

So yes, I got nailed there, because technically I did break the speed limit... but it was a cheap shot; the cop was specifically setting things up to nail people who did not know the area. My intent that time was to obey the law and I made a mistake and was punished. I still did make the mistake.

Then again, I've made a career out of speeding 15-20mph above the limits on national highways without ever getting caught because I know how to play the odds... so I guess I should not complain and maybe I should be in jail. *shrug* I'm not going faster than the flow of traffic usually; there's people who routinely pass me; but technically I am in violation. And so if I get caught, then I'm responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My brother is a speed demon who even runs stoplights at times.

Brother: That dishonest fucker was hiding!
    Jag: Did you run the light or not?
    Brother: That dishonest fucker is a weasel.
    Jag: Did you run the damn light or not?
    Brother: That's not the point!
    Jag: You're guilty as charged, dickhead.

Sounds like my dad.

Every time he got picked up for DUI, he blamed the cops, the municipality, the weather, the lighting, and so on... didn't matter if he could barely stand upright when coming home to complain about the citation.

When he did his 30-day stint for cumulative DUIs, it was much of the same.

Yeah, it's all bullshit from him.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    As long as your stress levels arent to high. Or my dream was so really that I thought I wasnt sleeping even though I was.
    I've had that stuff happen on occasion. I think I'm awake,then I wake up again.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Never heard of it, but I am kind of afraid to try prescription sleep aids. I've read pretty bad things about them.
    Some natrual sleep tips
    * Stop drinking coffee by 4pm (drink tea, earl grey, camomile, squash etc)
    * Cut back on the booze of an evening - appears to help sleep and doesn't
    * Banans - presumably there is something in them that helps induce sleep (NEVER found this to work)
    * Bathe 2 hours before bedtime and keep warm post bath
    * Neroli Oil on a tissue in your room/oil burner - really helps with sleep (don't use it every day it can give you a hang over... never figured out why, aromatherapy is more powerful than you'd think)
    * try muscle relaxing... this I've found works really well... tense the musscles in your toes, then your feet tense for 30 second and relax for 30 second, then travel aroun your whole body tensign and relaxing your muscle groups in order... once that is done you can sleep no bother (realy works well with crowded head - and NT curse if ever there was one)
    * Turn off tecnology an hour before bed
    * A few logistics, the darker the room the more likely you will sleep, I've heard that a totally blacked out room is a very good sleeping enviroment.
    * Temperature is important, for me I like warm but most people like an air flow around the room
    * there are plenty of natrual herb remidies which claim to help you gt off to sleep, but be careful about psycological dependancy

Tamazipam, is relatively light weight of sleeping pills, but I'm with you - avoid the meds unless you realy need them

Might be helpful
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Sleep

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Honestly... please explain.
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    What makes it Fi?
    Wouldn't it be funny if this thread got derailed into another Fi trainwreck?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Tamazipam, is relatively light weight of sleeping pills, but I'm with you - avoid the meds unless you realy need them
    Yeah. Honestly, I only use it when it's 2am and I know that I'm not going to fall asleep even though I've tried for an hour or more.

Cutting caffeine by 5pm is another trick I use. And booze isn't good for sleep patterns either.

EDIT: What a cute Fluff thread. It's like the kitchen sink in here... maybe I should split it? .... hmmm... want to be consistent... but stringent consistencies are the hobgoblins of small minds... don't know... what ... to ... do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if this thread got derailed into another Fi trainwreck?

I didn't even think of that! omg.

uhh....uh,... thread ban both Protean AND Sim AND anyone with an NFP in their type listing as a preemptive strike?