User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if that is "intuitive" in the MBTI way... but Protean's extremely canny about how group situations operate and how social trends work, and is very down to earth about it. She's taught me a lot through her observations and conclusions.
    Dont underestimate the power of Se, Oooh a shiny object
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Dont underestimate the power of Se, Oooh a shiny object
    ohhh... i still feel amazement when i remember walking with my younger son (ESFP) through the woods and seeing ALL the things that this ADHD kid would notice that I failed to see even when trying. He was incredible... and only 8 at the time.

Protean just has an uncanny sense of how the games get played.
    (And that is not said in a negative way. I'm jealous.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know her all that well, but I'm thinking ENFJ.

Her observations seem to be generated from the Fe Ni Se Ti combo.

MBTI
    STP

ohhh... i still feel amazement when i remember walking with my younger son (ESFP) through the woods and seeing ALL the things that this ADHD kid would notice that I failed to see even when trying. He was incredible... and only 8 at the time.

Protean just has an uncanny sense of how the games get played.
    (And that is not said in a negative way. I'm jealous.)
    I know what your talking about. Challenge an ESTP in something that requires you to notice differences in pictures or things like that. They friggin process that crap at uncanny speeds. Its like men in black where Will Smith notices the little girl with the book.

I was playing a Wii game with my ESTP cousin where it had spot lights aiming at pictures and you had to find the differences. I swear he could watch all four spotlights at once. Dominant Ne does something similiar, but they pick up different things.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I know what your talking about. Challenge an ESTP in something that requires you to notice differences in pictures or things like that. They friggin process that crap at uncanny speeds. Its like men in black where Will Smith notices the little girl with the book.
    Okay, here is the thing.

They don't process it. It's their primary. it's their instinctive view; they see it; they respond to it; articulating is where the effort comes in, but they just SEE... and know... and respond automatically, living right in it without processing.

Just like Ti and Fi primaries instinctively tear apart whatever they see by nature, then later become aware they're doing it. We have trouble getting outside our primaries, they're the primary frame.

I was playing a Wii game with my ESTP cousin where it had spot lights aiming at pictures and you had to find the differences. I swear he could watch all four spotlights at once. Dominant Ne does something similiar, but they pick up different things.
    He probably was watching it all.
    I try to analyze it and it slows me down.

Ne's see the implications of data points... but it's all at once, yes, like a visual-spatial map.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Never heard of it, but I am kind of afraid to try prescription sleep aids. I've read pretty bad things about them.
    Give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

Oh, I was pissed off when Juggernaut got banned. Really angry. I liked her a lot and I never understood why she took the bait. She was getting a lot of crap in a thread that she didn't deserve and then someone made it personal and she lost it.
    Yes. I know the thread. (Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I wasn't reading it. Had any woman other than Juggernaut started the thread, I would have ignored it.)
    And I was really angry that the 2 people that contributed to the mess that got her banned weren't also banned.
    That is yet another example of inequity.

But I still liked and respected her immensely.
    Agreed.

I would have preferred it if she had been temporarily banned or sent to the graveyard, but that was her own doing since she could have apologized and promised to be respectful.
    Part of why she was so galvanizing was because she would never do something so hollow. To thine own self be true, chicky-poo.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm basically demonized as the manipulative, rule-mongering, fun-squelching, prudish, power hungry, pearl-clutching ExFJ--ESFJ if you don't like me, ENFJ if you do.
    Your words drip Fe+Si. Is there a plumber in the house?
    If people still hold the mistaken perception I'm one to continuously squelch ideas, topics, discussion, veins of conversation, or am easily offended then well I don't know what to say about that.
    Forget the plumber.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    What is your problem with this?
    I've already said my problem with this topic.

I personally never specifically attacked Protean or called her a demon. If anything, she kept pressing me. I don't need your advice on how to be or communicate. I am just fine on my own.
    I did not advise you on how to speak to her. And you were not the only poster on this thread. When I stepped in, I voiced my opinion of what I saw and addressed everyone generally - same as you.

Why do I need to prove my point? Jeezus, I was simply making a suggestion. They, of course, can take it how they will. Furthermore, my personality forbids me to come out with every single bullet I have in my mind about this stuff. I would be crazy to make reference to things I've experienced or intuited or gleened as my proof! I would get slaughtered. Besides, it's just my opinion, and I am not responsible for how others take that opinion. They can look at it objectively or not. That's out of my control.
    I never said you had to prove your point. I made it clear (I thought) to all the people bashing Protean that she's made herself transparent and I didn't see why she was the scapegoat, when moderating is a group activity.

As for your suggestion about suggestions, I gave them a couple different times. I suggested not getting involved in a 'discussion,' not pming the offensive person, not writing on their wall, not repping them (not flexing muscle), unless there has been a complaint filed or it really seems like some major infraction of rules is going on. If that's what's currently being employed, great; if not, perhaps some more consciousness, and less reacting, should go into moderating.
    And you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it, but I never had a problem with you expressing it.

But you are complaining about my complaining. I take offense at that.
    I'm complaining about everyone's complaining, especially as it pertains to Protean. If people want to think the mods are too strict, that's fine and that's your right. It's also your right to leave.

If people want to bash one particular mod, that somehow seems less fine considering the proof that they have offered vs the absence of proof from the other side.

I have to go now. *scuttles off and hides*
    No need to hide, it's all good - as always.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Your words drip Fe+Si. Is there a plumber in the house?
    Am I supposed to be insulted by that comment?

If I am, then what of it? It's a meaningless statement.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That is yet another example of inequity.
    See, it wasn't inequity because she already had a bunch of complaints about her - and then proceeded to flip off the mods when they approached her. That was my point.

Part of why she was so galvanizing was because she would never do something so hollow. To thine own self be true, chicky-poo.
    I think that's great also. But if you ever want to hold a job or whatever, you can't curse people out at will. There's a difference between being respectful of others and taking it up the rear.

Forget the plumber.

MBTI
    STP

Okay, here is the thing.

They don't process it. It's their primary. it's their instinctive view; they see it; they respond to it; articulating is where the effort comes in, but they just SEE... and know... and respond automatically, living right in it without processing.

Just like Ti and Fi primaries instinctively tear apart whatever they see by nature, then later become aware they're doing it. We have trouble getting outside our primaries, they're the primary frame.

He probably was watching it all.
    I try to analyze it and it slows me down.

Ne's see the implications of data points... but it's all at once, yes, like a visual-spatial map.
    Yeah Ti let out in the open scares people Puts them on guard.

I am actually working on Se, it causes me to be wrong alot more because of responding quickly instead of analyzing as much. It takes different areas of confidence to reach a dominant Se.
    Im out, its been fun