half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Jeno has given us constructive criticism from time to time as well, so I don't think she feels that way either.
    That's right, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    The bolded sounds slightly disdainful to me. The forum has differences of opinion on every subject under the sun. What's so different about having a conversation about moderation? If you want to sound off and say, "Hey, I think this forum is appropriately moderated!" you should do so. I like to hear your opinion, as do I like to hear everyone else's. Why should you care so much what others have to say?
    Constructive criticism has nothing to do with what's being said here. So many madmins have piped up that there is a general pool and people get assigned to things, but yet, people keep insisting that Protean is a demon. She's opened up and responded to each point, never once shutting anyone out. She's answered all questions and even shown her log. Other madmins have backed her up. But it's still not enough.

And the question is, what is enough? What is it that you guys want to happen?

After all the complaining (criticism), can we have some ideas (construction)?

People can (imo) whine all day long, but what is the point of that? When something happens that you don't like, complain about that one thing. Start a thread about it. When you get an infraction, post your offending post or PM out in the open for everyone to see and judge on their own. Make your own private transgressions public. Then do it again and again, each time. The mods are kind enough to keep these things private, so we have no way of knowing what the real story is until people speak up for themselves. If you keep doing that, then the truth will be out in the open. But as it stands, I see no proof of what is being asserted here.

Like EffEm said before, if everyone is leaving or complaining about the same thing, then they would have to change their behaviors in order to maintain a successful forum. But these things are not happening. And I suspect it's because the general populace is fine with this place. I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Just because we don't have to be here and aren't owed a thing doesn't mean that all attempts to make things better for everyone should go by the wayside.

We as a community give this site great value, which is why someone would even own it privately sans ads, so there's nothing wrong with asserting ourselves to make this place the best place it can be.

The people that speak up aren't always being reasonable, but that doesn't mean speaking up should be invariably met with "go somewhere else"!
    I didn't say that there was anything wrong with asserting yourself. If you assert yourself and are met with a resistance that you don't like, then feel free to leave - that's the only action you can take. But I haven't seen anyone say that you aren't allowed to complain. In fact, they've set up threads just for complaints.

My personal opinion is if you've complained over and over and over, and are so unhappy here, what's the point of staying?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    How many people have stepped back from here and actually analyzed the discussion and see people for their type and how it relates to MBTI?

Like aphrodite may feel trapped because she wants to erupt out with her auxilary Fe, but feels held back by this board. Forced back into her Ni. Maybe thats why she fights so hard even though she has no infractions. Because her Ni forces her to hold back because she knows if she erupts big brother will step in.

If we are basing things on intentions, why dont we dig into possible intentions for every type. Not assume why they are fighting here, but dig into their intentions just as we dig into the intentions of others. People fear things for a reason, sometimes fear causes us to back down and we fight not for what we do, but for an internal feeling of being supressed for who we want to become. We feel trapped and will fight to death not because of who we are, but because of who we want to be.
    There's been a lot of argument in this thread over the supposed inability to truly read intention. So I wonder what sort of responses you might get...

But yes, a lot of the behavior here has played out (from my observation) along typical typelines.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I didn't say that there was anything wrong with asserting yourself. If you assert yourself and are met with a resistance that you don't like, then feel free to leave - that's the only action you can take. But I haven't seen anyone say that you aren't allowed to complain. In fact, they've set up threads just for complaints.

My personal opinion is if you've complained over and over and over, and are so unhappy here, what's the point of staying?
    Oh, I see. I agree.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    There's been a lot of argument in this thread over the supposed inability to truly read intention. So I wonder what sort of responses you might get...

But yes, a lot of the behavior here has played out (from my observation) along typical typelines.
    Yeah and it's interesting to watch.

I'm basically demonized as the manipulative, rule-mongering, fun-squelching, prudish, power hungry, pearl-clutching ExFJ--ESFJ if you don't like me, ENFJ if you do.

Even when sim leveled accusations towards me about my moderation style they basically fell along typological lines: busybody, micromanaging, easily offended, thought police.

It's funny because I think I've started the most threads on this entire forum (lark is catching up :steam and you can simply look through the range and diversity of topics I've started to see how my mind works and what I think about. If people still hold the mistaken perception I'm one to continuously squelch ideas, topics, discussion, veins of conversation, or am easily offended then well I don't know what to say about that.

It's OK, I've played that persona up for my own reasons wondering when and if anyone would catch on to it. Some people have, but most people haven't. *shrug*
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

As boring as it is I just would never be interested in "going out in a blaze" and can't seem to get banned from places no matter how hard I try. (I never try very hard) @!@#$% ENFPness.

MBTI
    STP

I just want to let things out in the open, make sure when decisions are made everything is out on the table and it is understood that certain corrective actions while they may not push away a certain type, it does supress them causing an incorrect image of that type

This is why I am not a moderator

Nothing slamming Fe, but Dominant Fe does by type weild a pre-emptive strike on behalf of how it thinks others feel and in this case Protean followed type and did so by calling Sim out in an area that hits him hardest, in front of his peers. Its so fun to bring type into the picture and use what happened in the past to prove MBTI theory as opposed to some crappy test. Remember what ENFJs functions are and how Ni will predict what is about to happen and Fe will forcefully act to protect the people. While in the end everything works out, the process brings about alot of hurtful emotions within people and Protean was playing her role in this world as a natural moderator in regards to where things are likely going to go.

Your next Sim :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Ooh, do me! How have I acted in accordance with my type? First you have to tell me what it is.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yeah and it's interesting to watch.

I'm basically demonized as the manipulative, rule-mongering, fun-squelching, prudish, power hungry, pearl-clutching ExFJ--ESFJ if you don't like me, ENFJ if you do.

Even when sim leveled accusations towards me about my moderation style they basically fell along typological lines: busybody, micromanaging, easily offended, thought police.

It's funny because I think I've started the most threads on this entire forum (lark is catching up :steam and you can simply look through the range and diversity of topics I've started to see how my mind works and what I think about. If people still hold the mistaken perception I'm one to continuously squelch ideas, topics, discussion, veins of conversation, or am easily offended then well I don't know what to say about that.

It's OK, I've played that persona up for my own reasons wondering when and if anyone would catch on to it. Some people have, but most people haven't. *shrug*
    Honestly this same scenario played out with my wife the same exact way in one of her previous jobs. They put her in charge and when her Ni and Fe took over and does what it does best everyone revolted against it and then turned and blamed her.

I dont see you as thought police, but a feelings police that uses thought in the same fashion as I do to bring out intentions. Your Ti turns externally just as mine does and its subjectivity makes it an open target for Te to attack.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Ooh, do me! How have I acted in accordance with my type? First you have to tell me what it is.
    um... I dont know you I have no idea what type you are.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

protean, your usertitle should totally be "feelings police."
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii