INFP
    Enneagram

What can I say? I stand by my man.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Leave if you don't like it, I see nothing wrong with saying that.

This is not a government paid for by our sweat and tax dollars, this is a privately owned forum that the owner has graciously kept ad-free and asshole-free. I've been here for over a year, which is probably the longest commitment I've ever had in any internet place because this place attracts people who feel comfortable enough to share their lives with each other. And this is because of the way the forum is moderated. I don't think this forum is overmoderated, I like the members and the discussions - so I stay. If I didn't like it, I would leave. What's the problem here?
    Just because we don't have to be here and aren't owed a thing doesn't mean that all attempts to make things better for everyone should go by the wayside.

We as a community give this site great value, which is why someone would even own it privately sans ads, so there's nothing wrong with asserting ourselves to make this place the best place it can be.

The people that speak up aren't always being reasonable, but that doesn't mean speaking up should be invariably met with "go somewhere else"!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Nobody is being told to go somewhere else. But if the content of "speaking up" is "I want Haight to give us all free smoothies every Tuesday!" then yeah, you might want to go to Sonic for that. Feel free to come back here after you get your smoothie fix, but I'm sorry, this site isn't where you're going to get it.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Leave if you don't like it, I see nothing wrong with saying that.

This is not a government paid for by our sweat and tax dollars, this is a privately owned forum that the owner has graciously kept ad-free and asshole-free. I've been here for over a year, which is probably the longest commitment I've ever had in any internet place because this place attracts people who feel comfortable enough to share their lives with each other. And this is because of the way the forum is moderated. I don't think this forum is overmoderated, I like the members and the discussions - so I stay. If I didn't like it, I would leave. What's the problem here?

I commend you, Protean, for having the energy to put up with this thread (et al.) and for being as transparent as possible without sacrificing the privacy of other members.

I guess I don't understand what's wrong with constructive criticism or basic input? Why do things have to be construed as so black and white? I personally LIKE everyone on this forum, because I LIKE people in all their flavors. Yet, I don't see what it hurts to speak up and say, "Hey, sometimes I feel like arguements are squelched a little too early (over moderated, and often in a more belligerent way than member themselves use)--before a common ground can be arrived at." Is that so bad?

Does Dr Haight really frown on feedback? Night and Trinity seem to think it's fine, and even encourage it. I know Dr Haight funds this little laboratory of mice, and I have respect for that, but to my mind, that was never the issue.

Thanks, Dr Haight, for Type C.

The bolded sounds slightly disdainful to me. The forum has differences of opinion on every subject under the sun. What's so different about having a conversation about moderation? If you want to sound off and say, "Hey, I think this forum is appropriately moderated!" you should do so. I like to hear your opinion, as do I like to hear everyone else's. Why should you care so much what others have to say?

And that goes for everyone else in this thread that had similar issues.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I guess I don't understand what's wrong with constructive criticism or basic input? Why do things have to be construed as so black and white? I personally LIKE everyone on this forum, because I LIKE people in all their flavors. Yet, I don't see what it hurts to speak up and say, "Hey, sometimes I feel like arguements are squelched a little too early (over moderated, and often in a more belligerent way than member themselves use)--before a common ground can be arrived at." Is that so bad?

Does Dr Haight really frown on feedback? Night and Trinity seem to think it's fine, and even encourage it. I know Dr Haight funds this little laboratory of mice, and I have respect for that, but to my mind, that was never the issue.

Thanks, Dr Haight, for Type C.

The bolded sounds slightly disdainful to me. The forum has differences of opinion on every subject under the sun. What's so different about having a conversation about moderation? If you want to sound off and say, "Hey, I think this forum is appropriately moderated!" you should do so. I like to hear your opinion, as do I like to hear everyone else's. Why should you care so much what others have to say?

And that goes for everyone else in this thread that had similar issues.
    There is nothing wrong with feedback and constructive criticism. I've said before that we welcome it. We are participating in it and not shutting it down. I don't know what else you guys want sometimes!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with feedback and constructive criticism. I've said before that we welcome it. We are participating in it and not shutting it down. I don't know what else you guys want sometimes!
    Thanks for that, Ivy, I appreciate that. But I was speaking to Jeno.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nobody is being told to go somewhere else. But if the content of "speaking up" is "I want Haight to give us all free smoothies every Tuesday!" then yeah, you might want to go to Sonic for that. Feel free to come back here after you get your smoothie fix, but I'm sorry, this site isn't where you're going to get it.
    I was responding to jenocyde because he/she presented the argument of "don't like it? leave, because it's privately owned".

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Unfortunately, this board has lost quite a few high-quality, thoughtful posters, so I do. I'd prefer they stayed and felt free to respectfully air their views.
    I seem to remember you being mildly unhappy about Juggernaut's demise. Unfortunately, most people are far too self-interested to defend injustice when they see it. They just shrug and pull up the ladder. Where are the few good men when you need them?
    I'm actively speaking up against injustice (and bullshit) this very second. I don't know where the good men are, but a good woman is right f*cking here.

Oh, I was pissed off when Juggernaut got banned. Really angry. I liked her a lot and I never understood why she took the bait. She was getting a lot of crap in a thread that she didn't deserve and then someone made it personal and she lost it. I can't blame her - I was angry that the Juggernaut bashing on that thread wasn't moderated enough. But if she didn't report posts, then that's her fault. And I was really angry that the 2 people that contributed to the mess that got her banned weren't also banned.

But I also understood that she had a lot more notoriety under her belt and that it was built up over a short period of time. People found her divisive and I'm positive that they complained about her during her short run here. I know a few people who have complained about her, to me at least. A good friend of mine on here and her just couldn't see eye to eye, and there were a lot of times that even I couldn't see eye to eye with her. We often agreed in sentiment but she just had a very abrasive manner that was off-putting even to me, at times. But I still liked and respected her immensely.

I would have preferred it if she had been temporarily banned or sent to the graveyard, but that was her own doing since she could have apologized and promised to be respectful. However, when confronted, she decided to go out in a blaze of fire instead and I will always respect her choices, even though I am upset that she is no longer a part of this community. So yeah, I was angry at her for getting banned.

I agree that a lot of good posters have left. But I can't say for certain that the ones that have left chose to do so because of the moderation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Thanks for that, Ivy, I appreciate that. But I was speaking to Jeno.
    Jeno has given us constructive criticism from time to time as well, so I don't think she feels that way either.

MBTI
    STP

How many people have stepped back from here and actually analyzed the discussion and see people for their type and how it relates to MBTI?

Like aphrodite may feel trapped because she wants to erupt out with her auxilary Fe, but feels held back by this board. Forced back into her Ni. Maybe thats why she fights so hard even though she has no infractions. Because her Ni forces her to hold back because she knows if she erupts big brother will step in.

If we are basing things on intentions, why dont we dig into possible intentions for every type. Not assume why they are fighting here, but dig into their intentions just as we dig into the intentions of others. People fear things for a reason, sometimes fear causes us to back down and we fight not for what we do, but for an internal feeling of being supressed for who we want to become. We feel trapped and will fight to death not because of who we are, but because of who we want to be.
    Im out, its been fun