User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Let me disavow you of that notion right now. Which madmin actually performs an action isn't really an indication of who discussed or brought up an issue. My mantra is that hostility is this forum's kryptonite so I'm very in favor of managing hostility proactively. I know you're going to respond that you're not being hostile, and I completely believe that, but your tone changes the tone of the threads you participate in, very frequently.

This place was made to be a less contentious, all-types, welcoming forum alternative to INTPc. We very deliberately groom it so that it stays that way.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Actually, as much as I love you, you're probably in the running with proto for most frequent use of mod privileges. Both of you seem far more preoccupied with micromanaging threads than the rest of the mod staff, for some reason.
    I'll keep a tally for the next month.
    (Hard data for the win!)

ps. You love me? You really really love me?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'll keep a tally for the next month.
    (Hard data for the win!)

ps. You love me? You really really love me?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    1w2

I've never gotten a PM warning me of potential disciplinary action. Come to think of it, when my posts get moved or I get banned from threads or anything of the like, it's usually you. I find it unlikely that the other mods are shirking their duty to assign disciplinary action to me out of desire not to touch me with a 39 foot pole--more likely, they simply don't consider disciplinary action necessary as often as you do. I wonder why that is.
    Well ur my hunnybunny, that's why. I'm the little angel on your shoulder trying to keep you from being banned. My nudging stick keeping you from falling into perilous waters like the graveyard or the wet balls at Chuck E. Cheese.

Have you even been in the Graveyard? You've got a pretty long troll thread in the modbox...I may have to correct that pretty soon.

I assumed that, since that thread only shows bans and graveyards, and not moving/deletion of posts, bans from individual threads, or threats of disciplinary action, it would not accurately assess the frequency of use of moderator privileges.
    Haight, Ivy, and Jennifer do a lot of the technical work behind the scenes. I think everyone moves threads, posts, and bans spammers. I can tell you my pet peeves are threads about House, celebrity types, and type compatibilities. I merge those mofos as soon as I see them.

Or at least, that's what you seemed to be implying when you said I had no way of knowing which mods do what. If that thread does, in fact, provide accurate and complete information on this topic, why did you say I have no way of knowing?
    Because it doesn't and you don't know. It's that simple, duh.

In terms of moving "off topic" posts, banning people from threads, etc. These things are not documented in the Banned and the Damned thread.
    OK, well what do you want to be said about that?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

garbage

Actually, as much as I love you, you're probably in the running with proto for most frequent use of mod privileges. Both of you seem far more preoccupied with micromanaging threads than the rest of the mod staff, for some reason.
    You will eventually weasel your way into adding almost every mod to this list of yours as they all chime in and state that they're in agreement.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

All the bruised and battered NFPs are creaming their pants right about now...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sigh. I knew it all along.

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I hope so.

(I mean, I don't stay up two hours past my bedtime just to give my most rousing performance without an audience.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You will eventually weasel your way into adding almost every mod to this list of yours as they all chime in and state that they're in agreement.
    Um, nope. I'd say "good try" but I don't like dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Well ur my hunnybunny, that's why. I'm the little angel on your shoulder trying to keep you from being banned. My nudging stick keeping you from falling into perilous waters like the graveyard or the wet balls at Chuck E. Cheese.
    I find it hard to believe that you have any personal interest in seeing me avoid getting perma-banned. I think you find my posting style pretty offensive and are more inclined to forcibly correct or otherwise censor it than most of the mod staff.

Have you even been in the Graveyard? You've got a pretty long troll thread in the modbox...I may have to correct that pretty soon.
    If you're referring to my "Public Service Announcement" thread, I got at least three positive rep comments from moderators in that thread, including one from you for the OP.

If you're not, I don't really know what you're talking about.

And no, I haven't been graveyarded. I have a couple of infractions and a warning for profanity/insulting people here and there; that's all the disciplinary action I've ever gotten besides you thread-banning me from time to time.

Haight, Ivy, and Jennifer do a lot of the technical work behind the scenes. I think everyone moves threads, posts, and bans spammers. I can tell you my pet peeves are threads about House, celebrity types, and type compatibilities. I merge those mofos as soon as I see them.
    Sure, everyone does something at least occasionally; my contention was that you seem to micromanage more often, especially when you feel personally involved in the content of the thread in question.

Because it doesn't and you don't know. It's that simple, duh.
    Then why did you tell me to check that thread as if it would provide some sort of meaningful evidence?

OK, well what do you want to be said about that?
    Nothing in particular; I only said that because you suggested that I should check the Banned and the Damned thread for more accurate information on which mods have done what, and yet here you are admitting that it wouldn't provide enough information to be meaningful anyway. I'm confused as to why you suggested this.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    They bring in their share of the kryptonite. They could easily ignore ENTP baiting.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If this were a game show, that would be our cue to bring in our special surprise NFP guest stars.

*looks around, waiting for the blood-pumping music to start playing*