User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I suppose that really is the difference here. I think you're smart and I think I'm smart, but we reach different conclusions on the same thing because of what we believe about human nature. I'd probably say you don't have enough faith in people.
    Maybe it's about faith in people, but I'd say it's just that she's had different experiences on the forum to you. On the issue of forum over/under moderation I don't think one persons experiences can be interchangeable or more correct than another's.

Often the members who have a problem with moderation around here are members who have been on the receiving end of mod attention (or OneWithSoul who's still upset Jack was banned), I can totally understand why they'd have an issue with how things are run cause it would shit me too if I felt I was being censored and had no way of being heard. At the end of the day it doesn't invalidate anyone's pov, it just gives it an angle that needs to be taken into consideration when listening to gripes. Basically no one is wrong in their view but not everyone is going to have their view of how the forum should be run acted on, majority (and Haight) rules.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Lol, Jaguar, you were sent to the graveyard for two weeks because you posted a picture, with humorous intents, under freedom of speech/expression?

HAHAHAHA.

Sometimes I feel like the admins are like bored cops that sit behind bushes hoping someone will do something wrong.

Power's a bitch.
    I'm waiting for some nut to accuse me of serial-killing.
    Nothing would surprise me at this point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    CAREFUL!
    Someone might take that the wrong way, you used "I'm" and "serial-killing" in the same sentence.

They'll take it out of context, or just change what you said.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You should have heard what the box of Froot Loops said about you...

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

You can still question power, but it doesn't mean it will be heard, listened or considered.

It's like 1984!

Would you have told Winston to give up? No! You would have encouraged him, because he represented something-an idea. "And Ideas are Bulletproof" (V for Vendetta). So by conveying such a negative message-Oh, just give up- you're surrendering your individual rights to a higher power that can do whatever the hell it wants with it.

Someone once said that what a government should fear the most is its people. You can have a dictator, but he ain't shit if you've got a swarm of activists taking a stand. If anything, Sim is expressing an idea...why shouldn't we consider it? I'm sure you can find a lot of people at TypoC that would unite and agree that possibly some of the governing is unfair.

Don't give up! Take a stand, like Winston! Just don't let them brainwash you or persuade you.
    um, i don't have any idea what you're talking about - politics and history are amazingly boring to me - but i can give you a piece of advice.

unless you're joking, you shouldn't compare this forum to real life politics.

besides - winston probably had his facts straight.
    morgan doesn't.

her/his post was totally out of line. and they always are.
    so yes, i do say for her/him to give up.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    um, i don't have any idea what you're talking about - politics and history are amazingly boring to me - but i can give you a piece of advice.

unless you're joking, you shouldn't compare this forum to real life politics.

besides - winston probably had his facts straight.
    morgan doesn't.

her/his post was totally out of line. and they always are.
    so yes, i do say for her/him to give up.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You can still question power, but it doesn't mean it will be heard, listened or considered.

It's like 1984!

Would you have told Winston to give up? No! You would have encouraged him, because he represented something-an idea. "And Ideas are Bulletproof" (V for Vendetta). So by conveying such a negative message-Oh, just give up- you're surrendering your individual rights to a higher power that can do whatever the hell it wants with it.

Someone once said that what a government should fear the most is its people. You can have a dictator, but he ain't shit if you've got a swarm of activists taking a stand. If anything, Sim is expressing an idea...why shouldn't we consider it? I'm sure you can find a lot of people at TypoC that would unite and agree that possibly some of the governing is unfair.

Don't give up! Take a stand, like Winston! Just don't let them brainwash you or persuade you.
    This isn't a society though. This is a bar with its owner and staff. The government wasn't exactly the result of elections. This is not a democracy. If you wanna play in their playground you gotta be ready to face their rules or arbitrary whims.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

CAREFUL!
    Someone might take that the wrong way, you used "I'm" and "serial-killing" in the same sentence.
    They'll take it out of context, or just change what you said.
    OMIGOD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID YOU WERE SPHERICAL MILLING!! AND WITH LOOSE CHANGE!! THAT'S IT!

*OWS banned*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

Notice the column on the bottom right