User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I couldn't care less about someone having a dissenting opinion (or more? i confused myself there). That's what I'm arguing for here. Freedom of speech.
    As someone who should have mastery of Fe (and Ti backing), you must realize that freedom of speech has to be given a platform to be universally exercised. Not biased towards the loudest.

I know that personally, there's a few who do not want to engage with me in certain discussions, because of how I conduct myself. For me personally, I don't really care, as, if they don't have the assertiveness to state their case, then I'm not going to cater to them, to hear their case.

But, I'm one individual, not a whole forum. Such outlook of mine, translated into a forum atmosphere, doesn't work, as it would mean that only a handful of us will be left standing. This forum is not about the survival of the "fittest".

That means creating an environment where as many people as possible feel free enough to want to exercise their freedom of speech, rather than a select few whose personality affords them the gumption to exercise it. For those personalities that are conflict avoidant, shouldn't this forum exercise some degree of moderation to ensure that those people don't feel threatened to exercise their freedom of speech? It is a personalities forum, afterall, is it not?

Nevermind. I forgot entps aren't the best with sarcasm.
    So it was *sarcasm* that I correctly picked up. I knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What if I want to give them a golden shower instead?
    I think that is acceptable. It's gold right? Gold is nice.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Take that carrot out of your mouth. Your post is incoherent TO ME.
    Don't drink too much of the special kool-aid, and your comprehension will get better.

As for those who repped me, to say you understood me perfectly, thank you for not drinking the special kool-aid.
    Last edited by Qre:us; 02-03-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: For the whiney Jaguar who doesn't understand context - bolded indicates my addition to his quoted post

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Don't drink too much of the special kool-aid, and your comprehension will get better.

As for those who repped me, to say you understood me perfectly, thank you for not drinking the special kool-aid.
    Ah yes, you just reminded me to start a thread about forging people's posts.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ah yes, you just reminded me to start a thread about forging people's posts.
    Thanks.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You have too much faith in people FM.
    I suppose that really is the difference here. I think you're smart and I think I'm smart, but we reach different conclusions on the same thing because of what we believe about human nature. I'd probably say you don't have enough faith in people.

And you shouldn't leap to conclusions without having access to all of the facts. Sometimes there is no more to it than a fit of pique.
    I don't have access to all the facts, but that only puts me in the same boat as everyone else who doesn't happen to be privy to the modbox, you included. All any of us can do is make our best judgment based on what we see.

That's why, when I read complaint threads that talk about heavy-handed modding and posters being targeted and people being given bans unfairly, it sounds like they're talking about some other forum. Because that's not the one I post in. I simply don't see it. I've never been moved to report a post or a poster, and as far as I know I've never been on the other end of it either. If I have had a problem with a poster in the past, I've simply addressed it within the thread in a respectful manner (as I'm certain you have seen!)

I just don't see any wounds here that aren't self-inflicted. Like Qre:us said, it's not that the mods have never made a mistake. They're human. I'm just saying that on balance, they've earned my trust and support. And with that, I think I'm done in this thread.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Lol, Jaguar, you were sent to the graveyard for two weeks because you posted a picture, with humorous intents, under freedom of speech/expression?

HAHAHAHA.

Sometimes I feel like the admins are like bored cops that sit behind bushes hoping someone will do something wrong.

Power's a bitch.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Only content can be judged impartially, therefore only content matters.
    these are my favorite posts.
    they're my favorite, because one of the things i love saying and especially reminding people about is that what they said was irrelevant.

fact: typoc is not a democracy. it's a dictatorship.
    ultimately, all decisions are made by haight.
    the fact that he respects the decisions of the other mods doesn't change that.

so whether it's impartial or not doesn't matter.

even if it did what you're implying is that decisions are executed under false interpretation of tone. while this is technically possible, realistically, you can be pretty sure that it doesn't happen much.

and third, [speaking of executive action on false interpretation] jock is probably wrong. i'd bet that content is punished far more often and far more severely.

you're off base on every account.
    give up.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You can still question power, but it doesn't mean it will be heard, listened or considered.

It's like 1984!

Would you have told Winston to give up? No! You would have encouraged him, because he represented something-an idea. "And Ideas are Bulletproof" (V for Vendetta). So by conveying such a negative message-Oh, just give up- you're surrendering your individual rights to a higher power that can do whatever the hell it wants with it.

Someone once said that what a government should fear the most is its people. You can have a dictator, but he ain't shit if you've got a swarm of activists taking a stand. If anything, Sim is expressing an idea...why shouldn't we consider it? I'm sure you can find a lot of people at TypoC that would unite and agree that possibly some of the governing is unfair.

Don't give up! Take a stand, like Winston! Just don't let them brainwash you or persuade you.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh goodness, I change my mind. I never want to be a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.