failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Why was simulatedworld named in that public warning? Why wasn't he told in PM, while the warning left as a general warning to "all"?

(it's because of simulatedworld's history with Fi-threads, and they were making an example out of him, in front of the public....which, I don't agree with, in terms of "fairness")

PS, a general commentary of my personal stance: I actually am grateful to the mods for all the volunteer work they do to keep this forum going, and, I'm not supporting a member because I like them, or, not supporting a mod. I'm trying to call it as it is, fairness/unfairness.

Even though Jaguar and I are at odds, and I'll call him out when he's trying to slip us bullshit; if I see that he's unfairly treated, I will (and have in an incident in the past) pointed it out to one of the mods who took that action (who I actually do really like and admire a lot).

Fair is fair.
    Pffshew.....Thank Gosh we have you, Q, and your highly fair and impartial observations. Thank you for bestowing us with your wisdom....

For the record, I am thankful to the mods for all that they do. I just happen to think it's a bit much at times, no matter how much that just got twisted up in too much arguement and posturing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I don't know why you can't just stick to the issues instead of making everything personal. The fact that aphrodite has no black marks to her name gives her (according to your own standard) more credibility, so why are you questioning her motives? Every time someone expresses dissent you judge and attack the person, rather than examining what they have to say. Then you get your own back at the earliest opportunity.

Watch your back, aphrodite. Constructive criticism is seldom taken in the spirit in which it is given.
    Ironical. Whenever a thread that's critical of madmins is active, you stick your big toe into the pond and all the fishies die and come floating to the surface and people with hazmat suits suddenly appear.

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Are you calling me a cracker?!

That's a stealth Fe insult if i ever saw one!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Ironical. Whenever a thread that's critical of madmins is active, you stick your big toe into the pond and all the fishies die and come floating to the surface and people with hazmat suits suddenly appear.

Welcome back!

Are we all just fucking bored and pathetic or what.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Devoid of context, I agree that MLF's post appears to be damning. But so does putting someone in jail for walking on the same side of the street as another person. However, that's exactly what can happen if you're named in a restraining order. And you get named in a restraining order because a judge has decided that your prior behavior has earned you a shorter leash.

I don't know if MLF was referring to a specific incident, and I don't think calling anyone an idiot is worthy of discipline. (Cue people calling me an idiot.) But as always, there's more to it.
    You have too much faith in people FM. And you shouldn't leap to conclusions without having access to all of the facts. Sometimes there is no more to it than a fit of pique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Are we all just fucking bored and pathetic or what.
    Reported.

Jaguar had been following following ThatGirl from thread to thread for a few weeks harassing her and posted that pic to antagonize her. I think that's the day he was sent to Graveyard.
    What kind of reckless words are those?

You cannot just accuse people of following others from thread to thread.
    You cannot claim to know another's intent.
    You cannot just claim harassment.

Giving my opinion to another forum member is not harassment.
    Your comments are foolish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Welcome back!

At least I'm CONSISTENT.

I'm sure you'll ban me again soon. Or I'll get bored of all the bullshit. One or t'other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Pffshew.....Thank Gosh we have you, Q, and your highly fair and impartial observations. Thank you for bestowing us with your wisdom....
    You're welcome.

For the record, do you not care for dissenting opinion to yours, on this matter, from people other than mods?

You seem a bit prickled by my responses. Or maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.

For the record, I am thankful to the mods for all that they do.
    I'm sure the mods are thankful for you bestowing such good graces towards them.

I just happen to think it's a bit much at times, no matter how much that just got twisted up in too much arguement and posturing.
    And, from the bit I've seen, I do not feel this forum is overmoderated. Do the mods get it "right", 100% of the time? No, but, on the whole, yes.

I cannot say for certain as I acknowledge that I don't know most of what goes on behind the scenes of incidents and issues which lead to the manifested actions by the mods (the only part that I do see).

Given that I don't have the full picture (only the end result), all I can claim is my feeling that it's not really overmoderated. The only place this is blurry for me is in the "sex and sexuality" threads, and that's because I don't think any clear lines have been drawn on the sand, given the nature of such topics. So, in that, I may see some overmoderation, as I perceive it.

Either way, I can't take a conclusive stance on it. It's only fair given the information I'm privy to, as just a member.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ so you got a lot of Fi complaints, did you? More than normal? Cos I thought it was all funny and/or enlightening to some degree.
    Going public here.

I would like to state for the record that I, PeaceBaby, INFP, was a significant contributor to the Paranoid Fi thread and made no complaint whatsoever to any moderator, despite being the recipient of some unflattering personal comments.

I stuck with that thread to get to an emotional truth, which was eventually arrived at, and that compensated me for dealing with the negatives.

The only thing that surprised me actually is that sim publicly admitted to trolling, and there seemed to be no consequence.

And I'll make it clear here that I am not asking for one.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Reported.
    It was the best post in the thread so far!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii