User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Care to explain what you mean?
    Fe usage (dominant OR tertiary) will get you old and wrinkly in no time. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Best post in the thread is yours, Blue.
    Why? It's dead accurate.
    Devoid of context, I agree that MLF's post appears to be damning. But so does putting someone in jail for walking on the same side of the street as another person. However, that's exactly what can happen if you're named in a restraining order. And you get named in a restraining order because a judge has decided that your prior behavior has earned you a shorter leash.

I don't know if MLF was referring to a specific incident, and I don't think calling anyone an idiot is worthy of discipline. (Cue people calling me an idiot.) But as always, there's more to it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Fe usage (dominant OR tertiary) will get you old and wrinkly in no time. Just saying.
    Black don't crack, dear.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    This is silly. This is an internet message board. If you disagree with moderation policies, you should just let it be known in a well thought out note, and leave it at that, instead of expending so much time and energy on this.
    Hush, you. I, for one, am thoroughly entertained and informed by threads such as this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If this was true I wouldn't have so much trouble convincing people that I am my 17 year old daughter's mother.

Edit: Oh wait. I guess I have Fe as a secondary function.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

This thread is like a Venti Iced Vanilla Latte (half the syrup).

Moar!

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Devoid of context, I agree that MLF's post appears to be damning. But so does putting someone in jail for walking on the same side of the street as another person. However, that's exactly what can happen if you're named in a restraining order. And you get named in a restraining order because a judge has decided that your prior behavior has earned you a shorter leash.
    Exactly.

I think you were talking specifically of issues surrounding content (which doesn't mean that you're saying context is irrelevant) in your original post that MLF quoted. Which, then, got misinterpreted to mean that "aha, it's only about content, and given this only, it's not been consistent".

I don't know which parallel reality some of these members have been residing in where they think that the moderation of this forum is only in regards to the content of the posts, and not the context (posting history). Hint: usernames. The content of one's post is tied to their unique, individual identity on this forum. Otherwise, we'd all be undifferentiated "guests" posting, if it was simply about content, without any relevance to the context.

As I said previously, the moderation of the forum is about content and context.

The amount of biased wound-licking popping out in this thread, and then "justified" through agreement with others in the same boat, is quite hilarious to watch.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You're all under-moderated.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Aphrodite, I'm not sure why you're coming out of the gate the way you are. You've received no official warnings or infractions so any run-ins you've had with the madmins mere have been unofficial or member-to-member.

What's interesting in that regard is I notice that I try not to give people "official" warnings, just brief PMs or nudges to knock something out. But you have gotten me wondering if it would be clearer to give the official warning so there's no confusion about the purpose of the communication. The more official warnings a person has, the more likely the next offense will result in an infraction and infractions accumulated within a certain amount of time lead to bans.

What "our way or the highway" is there? Go look through the official decrees forum and feedback forum and see how often major forum changes have ALWAYS been put forth before members as a referendum. We have always solicited member input as far as major directional changes to the forum, hell to be honest, most of the forums I go to don't even have a "Feedback" section. Whenever a thread like this one occurs, it's always kept open and members freely respond however they see fit.

If I wanted to overmoderate I would've thrown this very thread in the Graveyard and locked it so no one could respond. You're standing on the very platform that allows you to deride how moderation occurs.

I don't believe there is overmoderation at this forum. There are people who don't like any moderation because they hold the juvenile mindset of they should be able to say whatever they want, when they want to do it. There are also very specific and vocal members who have been moderated spewing sour grapes because they've been reprimanded.
    I don't know why you can't just stick to the issues instead of making everything personal. The fact that aphrodite has no black marks to her name gives her (according to your own standard) more credibility, so why are you questioning her motives? Every time someone expresses dissent you judge and attack the person, rather than examining what they have to say. Then you get your own back at the earliest opportunity.

Watch your back, aphrodite. Constructive criticism is seldom taken in the spirit in which it is given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If this was true I wouldn't have so much trouble convincing people that I am my 17 year old daughter's mother.

Edit: Oh wait. I guess I have Fe as a secondary function.
    You IFJs have your own bran of wrinkliness, rest assured

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix
    Black don't crack, dear.
    Are you calling me a cracker?!

That's a stealth Fe insult if i ever saw one!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Watch your back, aphrodite. Constructive criticism is seldom taken in the spirit in which it is given.
    I'll add inferior Fe to the wrinkly list actually.