User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That inconsistency landed me in the graveyard for 30 days, Ivy.

Let's have some democracy.
    I invite every single forum member to look at my post.
    What is the violation in this post?

I believe it's not simply about content, but context as well: the moderation of this forum.

So, rather than just look at that isolated attachment, Jaguar, I went back to the original thread to understand the content of that ^ post of yours, in context.

It is aimed at a member with whom you have had grievances with, in the past (ThatGirl), and have singled her out for her "mis"typing as ENTJ. I know that she has had much complaints against you (which, I'm gonna assume she took to the mods), and how you had taken threads of hers to turn it into another "poke you for your mistyping", again and again. You have a history there. I'm sure you had received previous warnings to lay off ThatGirl, and yet, you took another shot to deliver a masked insult (likening her to the "vampire") - and there you have it - the ban.

Is it consistent? Yes, given the content and the context (history) from which it arose.

PS - nice play in quoting only a part of Fuzzy's post to respond to, "conveniently" leaving out the mention of ThatGirl. Sly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's also not the reason Jag was put in the graveyard (though it contributed) but unless Jag would like to open the door to discussing the posts he's actually had removed and/or been infracted for I can't elaborate.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I believe it's not simply about content, but context as well: the moderation of this forum.

So, rather than just look at that isolated attachment, Jaguar, I went back to the original thread to understand the content of that ^ post of yours, in context.

It is aimed at a member with whom you have had grievances in the past (ThatGirl) and have singled her out for her "mis"typing as ENTJ. I know that she has had much complaints against you (which, I'm gonna assume she took to the mods), and how you had taken threads of hers to turn it into another "poke you for your mistyping", again and again. You have a history there. I'm sure you had received previous warnings to lay off ThatGirl, and yet, you took another shot to deliver a masked insult (likening her to the "vampire") - and there you have it - the ban.

Is it consistent? Yes, given the content and the context from which it arose.
    You are exactly right about the context of this post. Jaguar had been following following ThatGirl from thread to thread for a few weeks harassing her and posted that pic to antagonize her. I think that's the day he was sent to Graveyard.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum, whenever people get moderated it's because they have a history and a paper trail behind them.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Aphrodite, I'm not sure why you're coming out of the gate the way you are. You've received no official warnings or infractions so any run-ins you've had with the madmins mere have been unofficial or member-to-member.

What's interesting in that regard is I notice that I try not to give people "official" warnings, just brief PMs or nudges to knock something out. But you have gotten me wondering if it would be clearer to give the official warning so there's no confusion about the purpose of the communication. The more official warnings a person has, the more likely the next offense will result in an infraction and infractions accumulated within a certain amount of time lead to bans.

What "our way or the highway" is there? Go look through the official decrees forum and feedback forum and see how often major forum changes have ALWAYS been put forth before members as a referendum. We have always solicited member input as far as major directional changes to the forum, hell to be honest, most of the forums I go to don't even have a "Feedback" section. Whenever a thread like this one occurs, it's always kept open and members freely respond however they see fit.

If I wanted to overmoderate I would've thrown this very thread in the Graveyard and locked it so no one could respond. You're standing on the very platform that allows you to deride how moderation occurs.

I don't believe there is overmoderation at this forum. There are people who don't like any moderation because they hold the juvenile mindset of they should be able to say whatever they want, when they want to do it. There are also very specific and vocal members who have been moderated spewing sour grapes because they've been reprimanded.
    I guess it's just more the general feeling of big bro hovering and always ready to show his fists. And hearing about various times many different members have been called out or reprimanded on their behavior when I don't see much bad going on........And I think a few/many other members have said something along these same lines in this thread. I don't have the apocolyptic view of the forum that you do I guess--that without this heavy-handedness, there would be mayhem. Perhaps it's due to my lack of forum experience, or perhaps because I see a different side of forum members. No one scares me and I will let you know if I ever feel the need for you to intervene, not that you won't if you deem it necessary, but I haven't needed it thus far in a year of being here.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    This is silly. This is an internet message board. If you disagree with moderation policies, you should just let it be known in a well thought out note, and leave it at that, instead of expending so much time and energy on this.
    Thank you, onemoretime.

I honestly think the kid is getting a slap on the wrist, but whatever.
    I'm not a part of the "Let's Pity Sim: bad mods/good sim" crowd, so I'll exit quickly. But not, of course, before I say that I have noticed a few double standards on this forum. Some members can get away with certain things because of how long they've been here and also because of those four little letters under their avatar. It's all very ironic to me.

I do think proteanmix, although I cannot speak for her, posted the warning to sim publicly as a forewarning to other members who were contemplating or wanting to participate in bashing particular functions, or other personality types. I suppose no one finds it surprising that I found the warning warranted.

And yes, tesla. I am pants-creaming as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    No, my assertion is a much more literal one. It is that Person X can say "Fuck off" and there are no repercussions, Person Y can say "Fuck off" and get a warning, but Person Z says "You're an idiot" and gets a 1 week ban. Or corrects someone's spelling and gets a thread ban - based on erroneous assumptions about INTENT.
    Agreed.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I guess it's just more the general feeling of big bro hovering and always ready to show his fists. And hearing about various times many different members have been called out or reprimanded on their behavior when I don't see much bad going on........And I think a few/many other members have said something along these same lines in this thread. I don't have the apocolyptic view of the forum that you do I guess--that without this heavy-handedness, there would be mayhem. Perhaps it's due to my lack of forum experience, or perhaps because I see a different side of forum members. No one scares me and I will let you know if I ever feel the need for you to intervene, not that you won't if you deem it necessary, but I haven't needed it thus far in a year of being here.
    Exactly. What you don't see is the operative phrase in that post. I didn't say there would be mayhem, you're putting an additional twist to my post that wasn't there. I do think this forum would be a lot more like it's sister forum and that's not a place I am comfortable at.

Whenever people come into threads like this complaining about overmoderation, they have no clue about the number of reported posts we get or PMs madmins get about problems between members, how the members respond to us when moderating (some have gone as far to call us names and insult us), how long we've debated within the modbox of what type of fair action should be taken with a problematic member.

We've had members ask us to change the names at least five times, always wanting their blog threads to be shuffled around, closed, posts deleted, posts edited. Merging duplicate threads, merging threads, checking dupe accounts, banning spammers. People asking us to suicide their accounts, real life problems leak on to the forums with people they know who also post here, and a whole host of other issues you have little knowledge. Would you like us to stop moderating those as well? Let's not do anything half-way here!

There's a whole machine operating that you have no clue about, and contrary to MLF's opinion I do enjoy and contribute to threads like these to unshroud the mystery around the modbox. Unfortunately, my attempts to give members transparency about how the administrative side of the forum works are often misinterpreted.

If I didn't care about how people perceive how fairly this forum is run, I wouldn't even bother creating threads like this or respond to members when they have issues.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ah...I dream of a world with no Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I do think proteanmix, although I cannot speak for her, posted the warning to sim publicly as a forewarning to other members who were contemplating or wanting to participate in bashing particular functions, or other personality types. I suppose no one finds it surprising that I found the warning warranted.
    Why was simulatedworld named in that public warning? Why wasn't he told in PM, while the warning left as a general warning to "all"?

(it's because of simulatedworld's history with Fi-threads, and they were making an example out of him, in front of the public....which, I don't agree with, in terms of "fairness")

PS, a general commentary of my personal stance: I actually am grateful to the mods for all the volunteer work they do to keep this forum going, and, I'm not supporting a member because I like them, or, not supporting a mod. I'm trying to call it as it is, fairness/unfairness.

Even though Jaguar and I are at odds, and I'll call him out when he's trying to slip us bullshit; if I see that he's unfairly treated, I will (and have in an incident in the past) pointed it out to one of the mods who took that action (who I actually do really like and admire a lot).

Fair is fair.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Ah...I dream of a world with no Fe.
    Care to explain what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    No, my assertion is a much more literal one. It is that Person X can say "Fuck off" and there are no repercussions, Person Y can say "Fuck off" and get a warning, but Person Z says "You're an idiot" and gets a 1 week ban. Or corrects someone's spelling and gets a thread ban - based on erroneous assumptions about INTENT.

Consistent? Based on CONTENT? No.
    Best post in the thread is yours, Blue.
    Why? It's dead accurate.