User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What do you collect?

So, while I was getting ready for bed yesterday, I was thinking, I wonder what people here have collected and/or still collect?

When I was a kid, I liked collecting stickers, stuffies (but not real stuffed animal), horror books (especially ones about vampires) and pens. At one point I used to collect colouring markers too. But all that has faded now for various reasons.

I wouldn't say I really collect anything now but one day, when I have the space and money, I would like to collect books again (I love reading and I love reading new books). I would also like to collect manga - those are the japanese graphic novels right? Anyways, just curious what you all collect or would like to collect.

Do you collect action figures? Do you collect stamps or books or comics or jewelery? Do you collect animals or antiques? Tell me.

Thanks
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    OMNi

When I was a kid I collected rocks. I loved to identify and then polish them.

As an adult, I collect debt.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't buy anything for the sake of collecting it, I'd rather spend money on useful things.

I tend to collect books though, because I buy them fairly often and like to re-read them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    When I was a kid I collected rocks. I loved to identify and then polish them.
    When I was a kid, I wanted to collect rocks and polish them - but my family said a rock polisher was very noisy so I could get one. My rock collection idea failed.

As an adult, I collect debt.
    But that's not something you are trying to collect are you? Debt happens to almost everyone at some point in there life. If you have a mortgage, you have a huge debt....what matters is how you plan on paying it off!
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    ....what matters is how you plan on paying it off!
    Default and then run to Canada!

I also used to collect books. I bought my first college books with the money I got for selling by book collection to a used book store.

MBTI
    isxp

Things I collected when I was a kid: Sailor Moon cards, stickers, different brands of gel pens/markers/crayons, coloring books, Replica (a book series), html codes (), Domokun, kaoani icons

Things I collect now:
    font types (downloaded), CDs (new and recycled), books (mostly related to art history, psychology, communication studies), magnetic things, funny internet pictures, unique-looking plants

As a kid I collected pins and patches. I still have a ton, but I have stopped acquiring them. I also keep the ticket stubs for concerts I have attended, which at this point is well over 100. Other than the stubs, I don't collect anything now because as an adult I've become very attracted to a life with few material possessions. I really can't explain it except to say it feels "clean".

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't remember collecting anything as a kid..

Now I try to avoid owning stuff, for the most part.. but I collected mp3's when there was first chances of getting music in late 1990's!

I collect interesting scientific info.. the kind of that an enthusiastic physics/math teacher would tell kids in a classroom to get them exited about science. I guess I'm still that same kid

Did you know that the minimum weight of a pressure vessel is independent of the operating pressure, but rather it's a function of the NTP volume of gas contained?

Ok, that's not exciting to anyone.

MBTI
    INFJ

Now I collect books and lots of craft supplies. As a young girl I collected stamps and when very young the original Littlest Pet Shop series. (Now you know about how old I am ). I was so proud of them!

MBTI
    INTJ

guns
    knives
    beer tabs
    books...kind of...although really I just can't bring myself to throw them away after I've read them

things I would like to collect:
    cash
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume