User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess I am not really the "collecting type". I have met people in my life who collect things, and when I meet them and they show me their collection/s I frequently think "I should collect something!" or "I wish I had something cool to collect." As a matter of fact, I remember when I was young, my (ISTJ) mother would encourage me to start a collection of something and I didn't want to.

I remember deciding to myself that I like having one of something. I don't mind owning something unique. I don't need to have a collection of it.

So that's how my thinking works, apparently.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I guess I am not really the "collecting type". I have met people in my life who collect things, and when I meet them and they show me their collection/s I frequently think "I should collect something!" or "I wish I had something cool to collect." As a matter of fact, I remember when I was young, my (ISTJ) mother would encourage me to start a collection of something and I didn't want to.

However, I remember deciding to myself that I like having one of something. I don't mind owning something unique. I don't need to have a collection of it.

So that's how my thinking works, apparently.
    My thinking precisely. I'm actually a bit of a utilitarian, so to me 'collections' seemed pretty pointless - just loads of stuff that just sits there on a shelf and for what? I guess if you're fairly S-ish then you might simply enjoy looking at it, but I'm pretty oblivious to it anyway and barely notice it, except when it gets in my way, so I'd rather just have the surfaces clear.

i think I only took to the toffee tins because they were something I was already looking for, because they're so useful. If I wasn't using them I'd sell them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

*gloms onto PinkPiranha*

Let's head oot and aboot, eh?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    *gloms onto PinkPiranha*

Let's head oot and aboot, eh?

LOL! Why of course! *pulls your toque down securely and off we go!*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I would tell you, but then the Canadians (I know you're one of their agents, you don't fool me!) will assimilate me.

hahaha, no seriously, I have no idea how I do it. I just walk into a room and I'm covered in Canadians. Nobody can work it out. It's just one of my totally random and evidently useless superpowers.
    Ah, I see... yes... I see...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

I collect a lot of music (the old fashioned "albums" and now CDs) When I was a kid, I had spent every last dime that I worked hard for for anything by David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Adam and the Ants (amongst my unbelievable amounts of other music that I enjoyed). The albums never get played now, so at some point I will probably get rid of them because I doubt my boys would want them.

-Edit: Oh yeah, and anything by the Psychedelic Furs.

Currently, I collect clothes (I am a thrift store enthusiast), books, mp3, music videos, Christmas cards of past (which I know I should get rid of), all of my boy's art while they were in school.
    Last edited by Sandy; 11-23-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: I forgot to add one more group that I was enthralled with...
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ISXJ

When I was younger:

Horse figurines (Breyer horses)
    Colored string to make friendship bracelets
    Beanie Babies -- in retrospect, it was a really dumb idea to jump on that fad train...
    Gel pens...I still have and use many of them today (like 9 years later)

Nowadays:

Flip flops/sandals...my footwaer of choice
    Local art from any foreign place I visit

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I collect a lot of music (the old fashioned "albums" and now CDs) When I was a kid, I had spent every last dime that I worked hard for for anything by David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Adam and the Ants (amongst my unbelievable amounts of other music that I enjoyed). The albums never get played now, so at some point I will probably get rid of them because I doubt my boys would want them.
    Step away from the trash can!
    Your boys will want them! I cannot believe how my sons are into the music I used to listen to! They call it "vinyl" now. It's apparently very "in". My 17 year old actually bought a vinyl album recently! My mom gave me a record player, so we can listen to them.

MBTI
    INTJ

I met a gal once who liked to travel. She had a gold bracelet from every place she had traveled to. Now that's my kind of collecting!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I tend to collect bias.

As I move from here-to-there in life, I find that my thinking is problematically influenced by those around me -- even when I make a conscientious effort to scrape their residue.

Consequently, I find that I am a fleshy manuscript of the Uniqueness Theorum.

Deeper than our individuality and taller than our environment seems to be a diagram that would classify us as snowflakes.