User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Lightsabers

Default Lightsabers

How many times, throughout the six Star Wars episodes, does somebody get their hand cut off during a lightsaber duel? They are all retarded. There's no guard! There's nothing that prevents a moron from simply sliding their lightsaber down the shaft of his enemy's light saber, effectively cutting off his hand, every single time.

Oh, I guess it's not much of a problem since they can just attach a robotic arm. WTF? If it's that easy, why doesn't everybody already have robotic limbs? Robotic limbs would be awesome, and they are way better than real limbs anyway.

But come on, why don't they just make something like this?

Some day, I may actually count the number of times somebody needlessly got their hand or arm chopped off, unless somebody around already has.

PS - Mace Windu is a dumbass.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ahem... Yes.. well, I was never much of a Starwars fan anyway.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    OMNi

I think they were modeled after the practically hiltless katanas of Japan.

The idea being that it functions much like a mobile guillotine. It's not meant for slashing and stabbing (where you would need a close defense), rather it's meant for chopping. I think all the dismembered body parts kindof supports that idea.

If I remember correctly everyone who lost a hand by a lightsaber was disarmed before being "disarmed". A hilt on the lightsaber wouldn't have helped anyway.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    How many times, throughout the six Star Wars episodes, does somebody get their hand cut off during a lightsaber duel? They are all retarded. There's no guard! There's nothing that prevents a moron from simply sliding their lightsaber down the shaft of his enemy's light saber, effectively cutting off his hand, every single time.
    I discovered the truth of this when, immediately after having been exposed to my first Star Wars movie, my friend and I made wooden light-saber replicas (half a broom handle) and did battle. Within an extremely short period of time we had discovered the virtues of crossguards. It's not rocket surgery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I always thought it would be cool to have a black lightsaber, that'd look rather interesting.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to have a black lightsaber, that'd look rather interesting.
    Of course, it would not be a lightsaber then.

MBTI
    OMNi

Screw lightsabers, I want a phaser. Who needs close combat when I can incinerate y'all from across the room.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Screw lightsabers, I want a phaser. Who needs close combat when I can incinerate y'all from across the room.
    A jedi craves not these things.

Dooku sure could have used hilts. He lost both his hands at the same time. I haven't looked into the others movies yet...

Katana. Okay, I get that. By why is a hilt not practical on a lightsaber? Just manipulate the light and bend it or something, it's not like light weighs anything.