User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Why I refuse to quit smoking/aka why i plan shortening my life 14 years

1.I know cigarettes are horrible for you, but I feel like the same thing when drugs were first becoming illegalized the government made them sound more dangerous then they are. First of all don't tell me the governement says, because the government doesn't give a fuck. It just does shit to fit its agenda, also I get that it does cause lung cancer and emphesyema. But I feel like they're trying to control us by making us quit. I'm not a dangerous person, my iq is above average I've had it officially tested several times. I don't hate anyone, but the more the world pressures me to quit the more I want to smoke. So basically I am not quitting, don't tell me how smoking's bad for me cuz I'll go smoke a pack in your face. I know this. I know. I know. I god damn fucking know! you can't understand why I smoke if you just tell me to quit. You probably don't know why I started either, because you think in an ideal world no one has any vices everyone's fucking happy and believe it or not I've been alot less suicidal/anxious/less bunged up since I started smoking. I don't know why this is the case, but it is. Or it could be coincidince. either way I am not quitting.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

First of all: I'm a smoker. And I smoke quite a bit.
    I can understand it that other people are offended by it - it doesn't smell good and it's unhealthy. And just because I'm a smoker doesn't mean that other smokers can't annoy me - quite to the contrary. Smoking in a non-smoking area pisses me off like the next guy. Whenever I smoke, I try to get as far away from non-smokers because I don't want to expose them to second-hand smoking. So just because I like to smoke myself doesn't mean that I don't know how it is to be bothered by other people's fumes.
    And I know it's unhealthy. I don't need other people to preach me that.

That said, I really can't understand why to some it's such a moral issue - like alcohol int the prohibition era, or even coffee to some. I don't intend to quit either. If I do, it's either for health reasons, or because it saves a lot of money. But not because it's "bad".
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    yupp

see exactly I don't smoke in non-smoking areas, and if you ask nicely I'll not smoke around you. But if you're passive agressive or start ticking off reasons why its bad then I'll just keep doing it. Passive Agressiveness is retarded just say you don't like smoke I'm not going to be offended, but I am if you're not going to be direct with me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Ginkgo

I'm not a smoker... but it seems that many people neglect the fact that other activities are unhealthy as well. I assure you that TV has probably devoured more hours of life than smoking has in the course of history... along with other fruitless things... Working out, regimenting a strict schedule, dieting, tending to a garden... Sure, they have the potential to be healthy; but too much of a good thing can assail just as readily as a smudge of a bad thing. Moderation and balance is the key. Most people are too transfixed on some social stigma like smoking to gain peripheral vision.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Not to mention fat or otherwise unhealthy food. I wouldn't be surprised if this became a huge issue in the future.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

COPD:makes you feel like you're drowning, then it kills you.

Make sure to blog about that when you get there.

Do you think that, if you wanted, you could give up easily?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    also I get that it does cause lung cancer and emphesyema.
    What doesn't cause cancer these days?

But trust me, I know. Both of my parents are/were smokers. My moms been off it for 2 years but my dad still smokes.
    I cannot tell you how much crap my siblings and I got about smoking from other people. Someone even had the nerve to tell me that I could get my parent's in trouble for child abuse or some stupid thing because they smoke. That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of. My mother had another woman tell her she was going to hell for smoking, yet this woman would be out drinking with her girl friends. It's all a bit ridiculous.
    Anyway, smoking is just as 'bad' as the amount of crap people eat, or tv and computer time people spend. Since when do people get to decide whats a 'good' bad and whats a 'bad' bad.

Though I choose not to smoke, I don't see the debate against it very relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

You're free to do what you want. But if the government cared either way, they'd WANT you to smoke. Taxes and economic impact.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Make sure to blog about that when you get there.
    By the time I have it, I think I probably have other stuff to worry about. Stuff like COPD.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.