User Tag List

First 123

LOL, PT's dreams cracked me up. "Most people dream of being chased by bears. I dream of obliterating existence."

I had the most awful but vivid dream a couple months ago. It was in vivid color, but usually I don't even remember my dreams.

I was driving across a bridge. I looked down at my lap for some reason - maybe to check the mp3 player sitting in my lap (which is true to life, because I often drive while listening to my player) - and I looked up in time to realize I had drifted into oncoming traffic. I veered out of the way of oncoming cars and lost control of the car. When I realized I was going to go over the side of the bridge, I opened the car door to jump out. I got halfway out when the car went over with half of me still in it. Luckily, when I hit the water I wasn't in the car. So I watched the car's headlights sink into the watery gloom and swam back to the surface. Luckily, the guy from Dirty Jobs was there. He had a cell phone, so I asked if I could use it, and he lent it to me. We both climbed up the steep, muddy red walls of the river and stood on the bridge as I called my mom. I was anticipating her anger at the loss of the car. She picked up, already irritated, and I explained to her that I'd driven the car off a bridge. "The car sunk. But - but I'm all right," I added hopefully at the end, hoping she'd spare me her wrath. "Great," she said in an irritated, scornful tone.

The dream sped ahead to when I came home later. My oldest brother was sitting on the computer facing away from me. When I was halfway up the steps, it occurred to me to ask him a question. I asked him if insurance would cover someone driving their car off a bridge (I'm chuckling as I write this). I was feeling so awful when I asked, and SO scared, and I just hoped he'd say yes or give me some hope. "No, it doesn't," he said. "The insurance doesn't..." and here I couldn't hear him. "What did you say?" I asked, but he just turned up the volume on the newscast and completely ignored me. I continued walking up the steps to my room, head down.

I woke up and immediately started crying. Lol, it's kind of funny to me now, but it still almost brings tears to my eyes.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    ...and I looked up in time to realize I had drifted into oncoming traffic. I veered out of the way of oncoming cars and lost control of the car. When I realized I was going to go over the side of the bridge, I opened the car door to jump out. I got halfway out when the car went over with half of me still in it. Luckily, when I hit the water I wasn't in the car. So I watched the car's headlights sink into the watery gloom and swam back to the surface.
    That is SO scary,Mempy!!! The worst dream that I ever had was years ago, and my oldest was still a baby -- in the dream, my crawling baby (sitting in a diaper and t-shirt) somehow got out of his car seat and somehow opened the back door while I was driving over a very narrow bridge. When I realized what was happening, I frantically stopped the car and scrambled over the back seat just in time to watch him fall into oblivion... he was just beyond my grasp. I was hysterical and unconsolable when I woke up... it felt so real. I can still see his scared little face as he was falling.

I woke up and immediately started crying. Lol, it's kind of funny to me now, but it still almost brings tears to my eyes.
    Aww... (((major hugs))) This brought tears to my eyes.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters