User Tag List

First 567

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a good question here- with resurgence of heavier brows as of late should one use brow makeup if one has sparser eyebrows? *feels alarmed*

and... do eyelash curlers really work better if you give them a nice blast from a hairdryer first to heat them up like a curling iron?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    a good question here- with resurgence of heavier brows as of late should one use brow makeup if one has sparser eyebrows? *feels alarmed*

and... do eyelash curlers really work better if you give them a nice blast from a hairdryer first to heat them up like a curling iron?
    I have a really cool kit from Anastacia of Beverly HIlls that I got at Sephora. It has two different colors of brow powder, and stencils you can use for shaping and for stenciling the powder on. it's a very natural look.

I've always been scared to heat my curler. I'd probably lose an eye.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh... I have dark hair, but somewhat wide and sparse eyebrows... that would totally be something that I'll look into!

and since my eyes are considered my best feature, I'm an eyelash curler addict I fear
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I use stuff made for professional make-up artists: Ben-Nye and Kryolan. As far as I know, quite a few Hollywood celebrities use Ben-Nye products. BN concealers are amazing.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

I <3 this thread.

Thanks Jen.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Bare Minerals made my skin itch so badly I was clawing at my face. Every time I switch from MAC's studio fix (powder foundation) to something else I always regret it and go back to MAC. They have a new mineral foundation (Mineralize) that I may try. I also like to use Studio Stick in areas where I like a little more coverage.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

I get my brows threaded every 2-3 weeks, and then I use dark taupe eyeshadow on a small, stiff, angled brush to fill them in. I couldn't find the right shade of brow powder or pencil and this works just as well.

I use a cheap Maybelline eyelas curler for 30 seconds on each eye and it seems to last all day so I've never bothered heating it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The make heated lash curlers but I haven't tried them. The regular ones work well for me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oooh... I have dark hair, but somewhat wide and sparse eyebrows... that would totally be something that I'll look into!

and since my eyes are considered my best feature, I'm an eyelash curler addict I fear
    Shiseido Mascara Base is really great and helps hold curl. I wouldn't use any of their other mascaras, but the base many people swear by.