594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    hehe Her hair looks nice doesn't it? ;P
    Gorgeous, of course!

(And smells all beachy!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Gorgeous, of course!

(And smells all beachy!)
    Like... low tide?

(makes me wonder which hair you're talking about...)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I thought I'd give you links to two of my favourite users on youtube with brilliant makeup advice and ideas. The first EnKoreMakeup has a lot of great general tips and the second, xsparkage, is wonderful inspiration for bolder looks.
    I love xsparkage, too. My big favorite, though, is panacea81. Her eyeshadow looks are amazing. I wish I had her eyes. they are the perfect canvas for these looks. YouTube - panacea81's Channel
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Like... low tide?
    (makes me wonder which hair you're talking about...)
    Line.
    Crossed Over.
    With Both Feet.
    Again.

You're so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I love xsparkage, too. My big favorite, though, is panacea81. Her eyeshadow looks are amazing. I wish I had her eyes. they are the perfect canvas for these looks. YouTube - panacea81's Channel
    I'll have to check these out.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I haven't tried it "there" yet. ;P I'll have Limey spray some on later.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Line.
    Crossed Over.
    With Both Feet.
    Again.

You're so bad.
    Line?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Line?

Sorry.
    Forgot.

(Well, THAT's just beachy keen!)

MBTI
    INTP

This is a fun thread. I'm glad it got necromanced.

I really love mineral makeup for foundation--I can't go back to liquid, ever. Bare Minerals has a starter kit and comes with awesome brushes. Sephora: Bare Escentuals: Starter Kit, bareMinerals Get Started Kit at Sephora.com: Combination Sets It's foolproof, and makes your skin look great, and you don't look like you're actually wearing makeup.
    Once you get good with the application of the Bare Minerals, you can switch to the much cheaper Loreal brand, Bare Naturale. It's just as good (maybe even better) for half the price, but the brushes kind of suck.

I've tried every kind of eyeshadow, and I pretty much now exclusively wear the Bare Escentuals eyeshadows, the Glimmers. I use Queen Phyllis as an overall highlighter color, and then the rest is just whatever I feel like that day. The mineral eyeshadows go on smoothly, and the colors are true. I do like MAC pigments (loose shadows), though, applied over a base of Loreal's HIP (the cheap version of MAC) Cream Crayon Eyeshadow Stick (in Meticulous). The pigment needs something to stick to. You can also put the Bare Minerals eyeshadows over the color stick thingy. HIP also has really bright fun and TRUE colors, ala MAC, so if you want to play with some good dramatic looks, that's a cheap way to do it. They're really high quality shadows. I have one duo in hot pink and rich brown, and I use it when I go to concerts, etc. They also have their own version of pigments. You can get HIP at Wal-Mart.

I don't have huge eyes, so I don't line them the traditional way. I sort of make a line that goes through the lashes themselves, giving the illusion of fuller lashes. If I want to be more dramatic, I'll extend the line and make a wing.

For lips, I like to line and fill in with a spice colored pencil. Rimmel makes an excellent one. I think it's in Spice or Tiramisu. Then I put a gloss over the top, like this one Sephora: Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips: Lip Plumpers in Amber. My sister brought me one of these this weekend: Sephora: Bare Escentuals Lip Guard SPF 15: SPF 15 & Below, and it is also excellent over a liner. Another great thing for lips is this Merle Norman pencil. Products - Color (The Lip Pencil Plus). They come in a bazillion colors, and are a liner and lipstick in one. I have one in Mocha and one in Gold Amber. They look great alone or with gloss on top.

I hope it's okay to link to Sephora. I didn't know where else to find the product as an example. I don't actually care where you buy it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have used and enjoyed Bare Minerals. But it was starting to make my rosacea worse (bismuth oxychloride). I bought some knockoff recently and had to return it because it was the wrong color, and also felt a lot heavier than the Bare Minerals. In my desperation to have some makeup to wear to a recent event I bought a Physician's Formula mineral compact, and I LOVE IT. More than the Bare Minerals I think. It doesn't have the bismuth oxychloride, it's not heavy, and the coverage is awesome. Their eye shadows for certain eye colors are also pretty great-- you can put them on dry for a subtle effect or wet the brush for a more dramatic look. I like the set for brown better than hazel although my eyes are hazel.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

I'm a total makeup and beauty Ho - and I love to talk about it! Not very ISTP now is it?

Anyhow, I'm into MAC, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder and drugstore stuff. When I'm not here I'm watching youtube videos from

Chris Scott - MakeupGourmet

http://youtube.com/my_subscriptions?...&s=jY15dcSA4w8

Also:

http://youtube.com/my_subscriptions?...&s=6-RaVH29Idc

I also have a strange obsession with sunless tanning and lately have been Mystic tanning a lot and perfecting my techniques - and lurking at sunless.com.

Way back in the late 80's I used to work at a Colors franchise - are you a 'Spring, Winter, Summer or Autumn?' See, even back then I had an attraction for things to be part of a 'system.'