MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Re: eyebrow plucking
    Ivy's eyebrows are fierce! Now if I can just think of a way to bribe her to do mine...

I'm not that good at doing my own, so I get them done. I get too involved and before I know it, I've over plucked.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was just looking on the MAC website (I really need some makeup)... but it is expensive!

I will test the colors out on MakeoverSolutions.com but is there any advice on what a "basic set" should really contain? (Even as far as color?) My hair is brown, with a fairly pale complexion. (I don't tan much.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Ivy's eyebrows are fierce! Now if I can just think of a way to bribe her to do mine...

I'm not that good at doing my own, so I get them done. I get too involved and before I know it, I've over plucked.
    Every time I go have mine done, they take too much! I like my cro-magnon brow. It just needs a bit of shaping.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was just looking on the MAC website (I really need some makeup)... but it is expensive!

I will test the colors out on MakeoverSolutions.com but is there any advice on what a "basic set" should really contain? (Even as far as color?) My hair is brown, with a fairly pale complexion. (I don't tan much.)
    you want a fair or ivory based foundation, and you will do well with rich colours like purples and greens... you have colouring like me Jen,
    you also have to look at your undertones of your skin are they rosey as in pink or are they more olive in tone and colour.

that really makes a difference as far as picking colours, but usually if you get an eyeshadow set with a purple in it you will get the complementary colours with it. You always want a ivory or whitish shade as well. And while Max is a great product line, there are others out there that are just as good and cheaper you have to be careful.

I personally am allergic to purple eyeliners except for the cheap ones go figure.... lol....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    you want a fair or ivory based foundation, and you will do well with rich colours like purples and greens...
    Colors scare me, my wardrobe has always been muted darker tones... I'm afraid of looking garish or overstated.

you also have to look at your undertones of your skin are they rosey as in pink or are they more olive in tone and colour.
    Oh, rosy definitely. I am of mostly scotch descent... no Italian blood at all!

that really makes a difference as far as picking colours, but usually if you get an eyeshadow set with a purple in it you will get the complementary colours with it. You always want a ivory or whitish shade as well.
    So what would you use ivory/white for, if you have white skin? How does it show up? Are you supposed to use it to blend with regularly colors?

Me <- Clueless
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp

the whitish or ivory shade is to highlight the top of the lid near the brow. Do you or have you ever watched what not to wear?

As for colour I would stick with purples and darker ones at that as they blend well. Charcols and gray colours too

you want this

not this

Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

You're going to want a professional to show you how. Unfortunately makeup isn't cheap, even the drugs store brands can be pricey.

Again the MAC counter have great artists who usually are well trained and knowledgeable.

I prefer natural looking makeup and that can be a difficult look to achieve.

Being a woman ain't always cheap or easy!

Just ask Edna!

MBTI
    WOLF

Hah - around here MAC is so expensive that you wouldn't believe it. I never wear natural makeup, but the other day I was playing and realised I could get by with very few items for a 'full look'. - (this is for a really light-skinned girl) MAC: mineralized skin finish (light), strada blush (hollows of cheeks, outer half of eyelids (inner halfof eyelid and brow highlight is also MSF in light)), afterdusk or other light pink blush, omega eyeshadow for brows and crease colour, mascara and lipgloss (in my case: Oversexed plushglass).

If anyone wants my opinion on brushes: the MAC kabuki brush, the 222 and 239 and maybe 266. The best brushes I've ever used.

I suffer from terrible makeup addiction. Please don't stop this thread. Please ask questions. Please, for the love of all that is holy to you, let me talk makeup.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Hah - around here MAC is so expensive that you wouldn't believe it. I never wear natural makeup, but the other day I was playing and realised I could get by with very few items for a 'full look'. - (this is for a really light-skinned girl) MAC: mineralized skin finish (light), strada blush (hollows of cheeks, outer half of eyelids (inner halfof eyelid and brow highlight is also MSF in light)), afterdusk or other light pink blush, omega eyeshadow for brows and crease colour, mascara and lipgloss (in my case: Oversexed plushglass).

If anyone wants my opinion on brushes: the MAC kabuki brush, the 222 and 239 and maybe 266. The best brushes I've ever used.

I suffer from terrible makeup addiction. Please don't stop this thread. Please ask questions. Please, for the love of all that is holy to you, let me talk makeup.

Jung Test Results

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Where's my hug?

I also haven't forgotten that you didn't invite me to play WoW.