User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Don't forget makeup tips for woman of color...
    Even tho I don't wear alot of makeup I do break it out for special occassions (last special occassion was the girls in my class saying "Are you going to wear makeup for the class picture?" hahaha!

ANYWAY...my question is....if your skin is for the most part even what is a nice light powder to dust on...I HATE foundation and don't need it but I don't want shine I want a nice matte look)

...and I too am a MAC girl.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Wow that was a really great link Jen thanks. She did a couple of things I've not yet tried... (including putting the eyeliner between your lashes-who would have guessed?). That could've been what I was missing! I tried liquid eyeliner a few times and it looked terrible. I want to look 'mysterious' not 'hey wanna jump in the sack with me?' you know. I should probably lose the heavy gloss...you're right.
    Whenever I want a more dramatic look I do use the black eyeliner on the inside of my eyelid and a bit on the top. I wear contact lenses so sometimes that can be irritating. I too have the same problem having light hair and skin. It can be tricky getting that sultry look without looking like I should be hanging out on Chippewa Street!

*I also have a fondness (well jealousy) for women who can wear vibrant colors and it looks good. I've always wanted to wear a rich wine color shadow with the sparkly light shadow on the brow bone...unfortunately I end up looking like a clown*
    Wine or deep reddish colours look awful on me too. You might like MAC's Haux shadow. It's a fairly neutral brown with a very subtle hint of wine/red color.

Thanks for your help. (It's cool having an expert!)
    Oh gosh, while I love makeup and believe that it is something I am good at working with, there are other artists out that that I am just in awe of! I also prefer working with real people over models because I hate the attitude that often goes along with the fashion industry. Iow I likes real peeps!

PS For the record I have never been to Chippewa Street, but heard about it on Confessions of a Matchmaker and have been waiting for the right opportunity to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    GOD BLESS THIS THREAD!

Jen, I've been so wanting to start a thread like this, but I was like, eh.
    Well I was apprehensive because this is a psychology forum, so I hope anyone who isn't interested will just let us have our "fluff" without judging us.

When are you going to get into contouring?
    It's so hard to describe when typing and I wasn't able to find any videos that I thought were decent instructionally online. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to make a video of how I do my eye makeup. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Also, I like MAC just fine, but the Spice liner is way too orange on my pale, cool-toned skin.
    I can see that, I feel that way about Spice in the winter when I am paler as well. I found a great lip liner at Walgreen's that's my now favorite called Natural by Jordana (.99!). I also like another color called Natural by Beautique which I got at Sally's Beauty Supply.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 11-19-2007 at 01:22 PM.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Time is a delicate mistress.

GirlAmerica

I would LOVE to know the best way to shape/pluck my eyebrows.
    When I have had them done, I know they are following my eye as a guide...
    but I dont know how/what/why!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    I would LOVE to know the best way to shape/pluck my eyebrows.
    When I have had them done, I know they are following my eye as a guide...
    but I dont know how/what/why!
    I don't know if this link will help (I have not looked at it yet), but I just got it the other day...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Nothing beats Maybelline mascara, Jen, you're right! Waterproof Great Lash owns.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if this link will help (I have not looked at it yet), but I just got it the other day...

hon your link doesn't work
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    hon your link doesn't work
    hmm... I just tried it here (and I tried it at work when I posted it)... and it loads up just fine. Did anyone else have trouble with it?

It looks like the other link was encoded: How about this one?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: eyebrow plucking

I was blessed with a Bert-esque brow (in fact, my nick on another forum at one time was Unibrau). It takes a good deal of maintenence: a weekly intensive beauty bath and a couple times in between for good measure. I am not very knowledgeable about makeup but eyebrows I know.

Imagine two lines going straight up your forehead from the outside of each nostril. Or the inside corner of each eye, whichever looks better to you. Pluck or wax everything in between these lines.

Now imagine two more lines connecting nostrils to the outside corners of the eyes and onward. Or, imagine the curve of your bottom eye extended across your temple. That is the endpoint of each eyebrow. Pluck or wax everything beyond these lines.

Avoid plucking above the brow (I do a very little shaping up there, but in general the top edge of the bulk of the brow should not be any lower than it is naturally)

Now you've isolated your field of operations, under the brow and between the lines you drew before. The arch of the brow should be roughly above the outside of the colored part of the eye. Now with those guidelines, shape to your satisfaction.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Re: eyebrow plucking

I was blessed with a Bert-esque brow (in fact, my nick on another forum at one time was Unibrau). It takes a good deal of maintenence: a weekly intensive beauty bath and a couple times in between for good measure. I am not very knowledgeable about makeup but eyebrows I know.

Imagine two lines going straight up your forehead from the outside of each nostril. Or the inside corner of each eye, whichever looks better to you. Pluck or wax everything in between these lines.

Now imagine two more lines connecting nostrils to the outside corners of the eyes and onward. Or, imagine the curve of your bottom eye extended across your temple. That is the endpoint of each eyebrow. Pluck or wax everything beyond these lines.

Avoid plucking above the brow (I do a very little shaping up there, but in general the top edge of the bulk of the brow should not be any lower than it is naturally)

Now you've isolated your field of operations, under the brow and between the lines you drew before. The arch of the brow should be roughly above the outside of the colored part of the eye. Now with those guidelines, shape to your satisfaction.
    Another great method is to take a pencil and line it up between the outside your pupil and iris of each eye. The space between those two points is usually your arch. You may have to adjust a little bit, but it's an easy way to arch your brows.

Just make sure you don't arch them so sharply that you look surprised or end up with semicircles for brows.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3