User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Huh. I forgot it's cold somewhere in the world right now. I can't comprehend that kind of cold.

*shakes sweaty fist at approaching heatwave*

Also, you're lucky you use Fahrenheit or that -3 you have coming tomorrow would be -20!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    So, Im in Omaha Nebraska right now

With wind chill factor it is -25 to -40 degrees

Yes, thats a negative number.

Tomorrow's high is -3 degrees.

Yes that's a negative number...

People here seem really nice and warm hearted...

This is like antarctic weather. I didn't know there was places this cold in the United States... its still kind of mind blowing...

Is this unusual weather for Nebraska?... I heard that Texas and Florida were getting screwed over by icy weather!... You have to love Canadian weather, especially when it touches the south!...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah- it snowed here yesterday and the stores and roads were empty- I took advantage of the lack of people and went grociery shopping (no competition! no lines! no idiots on the roads!)

sadly, my windshield wipers froze into a chunk of ice and did no good... I had to get out and pry the ice off of them at several points in order to be able to see the road. Still, it was worth it to avoid lines!

oh yes, Nebraska is a western midwestern state! Indiana is the midwest too (lower midwest, to be specific)- it's not as cold here, about 12 degrees, but it's still rather cold and wintery *shivers*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah- it snowed here yesterday and the stores and roads were empty- I took advantage of the lack of people and went grociery shopping (no competition! no lines! no idiots on the roads!)

sadly, my windshield wipers froze into a chunk of ice and did no good... I had to get out and pry the ice off of them at several points in order to be able to see the road. Still, it was worth it to avoid lines!

oh yes, Nebraska is a western midwestern state! Indiana is the midwest too (lower midwest, to be specific)- it's not as cold here, about 12 degrees, but it's still rather cold and wintery *shivers*
    Can you get window washer fluid that is good to use below -40?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm up in MN and it's actually warming up. If you can consider 0F a warm up. It wouldn't be so bad but my husband likes to sleep with the window cracked open... and the window is on my side of the bed near my desk... it's about 58F in here right now and my fingers are a bit stiff. Maybe I need a pair of those half-gloves for typing.

MBTI
    yupp

well the lakes frozen and its fucking cold out in chicago, but then again it is january in chicago, so you really can't expect it to be warm again until at least march and more realistically may. though I'm not looking forward to this snow melting then the puddles slightly refreeze so you think oh its ice and you step in and get a shoe full of icey water.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Is this unusual weather for Nebraska?... I heard that Texas and Florida were getting screwed over by icy weather!... You have to love Canadian weather, especially when it touches the south!...
    According to the Omaha locals, they said it was the worst winter that they've seen in a while, but that in general, that they are used to it...

even though I was only in Omaha for a day and a half, during that time I got to understand how people can live there... it was strange... as soon as I got back to LA, I talked a little bit like the people in Omaha for a few hours... that never really happens to me!!! anywayz... by now I have to sit here for about 30 seconds to remember what it was like there...

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's 7*F here right now. It's supposed to warm up though. It could be in the twenties tomorrow. A heat wave! We should be about 35* to 40*ish this time of the year.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm in texas and totally over winter now...really...on with it already.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

it's 75 fahrenheit here. it's tough, but i get by... one day at a time.