User Tag List

Page 2 of 345 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you happy today?

Senior Member Array

well i'm happy b/c i stayed late at work to learn something job related and survived.
    happy that i love my new purse i just bought on sale!
    happy that my toilet and shower are working properly again
    happy i was able to backup something on a usb drive when i thought there wasn't enough room for all of it.
    happy tomorrow is friday!
    happy i can pay my bills and have gotten finances sort of under control

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar

I got a text message at 12:30 am that read "J'aime toi" from the girl I really, really like.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

^ Aww, c'est gentil!

I am happy I can get a new dress!
    And I had chocolate and tea today!
    And I have a good shot at getting a great chemistry grade!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

A baby bulldog ran after me, dragging his leash behind him. He then followed me for quite some time - in the snow. I let him follow me because I knew I had to go back in the direction of his house, but I let him be my dog for about 10 minutes.

9w8 so/sx

The weight lifted from being honest with a friend, how he reacts is out of my control and may not be good but not being afraid to be honest is a huge thing.

468 sx/sp

My perfume kicks ass.

And I'm off for the next three days.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Default hey, you asked.

- Laughing at billboards for sick children.

- Trying to play poker [taught only a few hrs earlier] at 1am in a friend's "borrowed" vehicle parked in Chinatown, Washington DC, with miniature playing cards and no chips. Playing 'Go Fish!' with said mini cards and forgetting the actual object of the game. Never actually realizing how stupid it feels to tell someone to go fish until that moment in my life, and being amused at my own surprise by that.

- Getting a bus ride from DC to NYC for only $15.

- Watching this little old chinese lady in the bus station watching Joe Pesci freaking out in Goodfellas on her tv set, sitting still and silent, with the most perplexed expression carving itself into her face over the minutes.. unmoving, just sort of, deepening progressively with the scene.

- Departing DC at 1:30am & not giving a damn about having not seen a single national monument.

- Actually getting some sleep on said bus.

- Talking with another friend for about two hours, about varying definitions of dreams, success, pursuing passions, the perception of time, the costs of time, the worth of money, internal drive. Being motivated. Not living to work to wait to live to rest and wait to die [say that 3x fast]. Probably some irreverent, crass things in between as well. Of course.

- Wandering around Chinatown and Times Square by myself at 5am. People watching. Feeling untouched by all the urgent steps around me toward these places with purposes I'll never relate to. Feeling infinite. Catching parts of people's conversations I can't even recall now, and trying to connect the dots; finding shapes and constellations. The grunts of humans and engines and gears shifting, the steps and stops and pauses. The lilting random laughter of morning people, the screech of trains. The glow of cars and storefronts and buses, streetlamps and cell phone buttons; everything illuminated but the living. Feeding part of a bagel to a giant pigeon, who happened to be loitering around a small PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE PIGEONS sign stabbed into a square of grass raised above the sidewalk.

- Catching the Metro-North train outta Grand Central Station within seconds of departure.

- Catching my breath and watching the night sky creep into dawn, feeling like we were sort of racing into it.

- Getting more sleep on the train, and incidentally missing the ticket guy [again], thus getting a free ride to my car I abandoned in CT.

- The soundtrack of Rent, Frank Sinatra, and Tom Waits serenading me as I sped down the highway in my decomposing zombie of an automobile.

- Hot showers.

- Singing my heart out in said shower, along with an old album I hadn't listened to in years.

- Getting a text message from an old friend who happened to have found the same album on their old iPod, and happened to be playing it and missing me. Right then.

- Napping with my cat, who shared a pillow with me.

- Getting articles about catladies who nurse their cats in my email. Also getting concepts of friends' art in my inbox [finally].

- Keeping my distance from the insane people, and the hopeless cases. And not feeling poorly about it.

- Confirming that my friend's band is playing a show tomorrow.

- Hypothetical apocalyptic futures played out on the History Channel.

- Toast. And telescopes.

- Being alone and at peace.. but also restless to move forward. Yes. It makes me happy to be restless.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

- Reconnecting with some friends in Seattle.
    - Chocolate cake.
    - Old Wii injury healed.
    - Discovering new music genres.
    - Finding interesting podcasts to listen to.
    - Thinking about my trip to Barcelona in Feb.
    - Goldman stocks.
    - Polyphasic sleep, aka Uberman.
    - Someone I like told me he misses me.

6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    - Old Wii injury healed.

Well, I developed a cold last night, so I don't feel too hot, but...

Today is Friday!!! And it's only 1:30pm, but I've already had several genuine laughs today. Too many cute kids around.

-Breakfast with my grandma and parents (and it was warmer than -30degrees!)
    -spending time with family
    -finishing a cover letter and resume and firing them off
    -discovering a job opening to apply to (there's about one per week that opens up around here that's not a complete stretch for me to apply to)
    -getting over a cold I've had off & on for about 4 weeks now
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"