well i'm happy b/c i stayed late at work to learn something job related and survived.
happy that i love my new purse i just bought on sale!
happy that my toilet and shower are working properly again
happy i was able to backup something on a usb drive when i thought there wasn't enough room for all of it.
happy tomorrow is friday!
happy i can pay my bills and have gotten finances sort of under control
Thread: What made you happy today?
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM #11
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM #12
I got a text message at 12:30 am that read "J'aime toi" from the girl I really, really like.Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM #13
^ Aww, c'est gentil!
I am happy I can get a new dress!
And I had chocolate and tea today!
And I have a good shot at getting a great chemistry grade!Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?
Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM #14
A baby bulldog ran after me, dragging his leash behind him. He then followed me for quite some time - in the snow. I let him follow me because I knew I had to go back in the direction of his house, but I let him be my dog for about 10 minutes.
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM #15
The weight lifted from being honest with a friend, how he reacts is out of my control and may not be good but not being afraid to be honest is a huge thing.
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM #16
My perfume kicks ass.
And I'm off for the next three days.
01-07-2010, 10:56 PM #17
hey, you asked.
- Laughing at billboards for sick children.
- Trying to play poker [taught only a few hrs earlier] at 1am in a friend's "borrowed" vehicle parked in Chinatown, Washington DC, with miniature playing cards and no chips. Playing 'Go Fish!' with said mini cards and forgetting the actual object of the game. Never actually realizing how stupid it feels to tell someone to go fish until that moment in my life, and being amused at my own surprise by that.
- Getting a bus ride from DC to NYC for only $15.
- Watching this little old chinese lady in the bus station watching Joe Pesci freaking out in Goodfellas on her tv set, sitting still and silent, with the most perplexed expression carving itself into her face over the minutes.. unmoving, just sort of, deepening progressively with the scene.
- Departing DC at 1:30am & not giving a damn about having not seen a single national monument.
- Actually getting some sleep on said bus.
- Talking with another friend for about two hours, about varying definitions of dreams, success, pursuing passions, the perception of time, the costs of time, the worth of money, internal drive. Being motivated. Not living to work to wait to live to rest and wait to die [say that 3x fast]. Probably some irreverent, crass things in between as well. Of course.
- Wandering around Chinatown and Times Square by myself at 5am. People watching. Feeling untouched by all the urgent steps around me toward these places with purposes I'll never relate to. Feeling infinite. Catching parts of people's conversations I can't even recall now, and trying to connect the dots; finding shapes and constellations. The grunts of humans and engines and gears shifting, the steps and stops and pauses. The lilting random laughter of morning people, the screech of trains. The glow of cars and storefronts and buses, streetlamps and cell phone buttons; everything illuminated but the living. Feeding part of a bagel to a giant pigeon, who happened to be loitering around a small PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE PIGEONS sign stabbed into a square of grass raised above the sidewalk.
- Catching the Metro-North train outta Grand Central Station within seconds of departure.
- Catching my breath and watching the night sky creep into dawn, feeling like we were sort of racing into it.
- Getting more sleep on the train, and incidentally missing the ticket guy [again], thus getting a free ride to my car I abandoned in CT.
- The soundtrack of Rent, Frank Sinatra, and Tom Waits serenading me as I sped down the highway in my decomposing zombie of an automobile.
- Hot showers.
- Singing my heart out in said shower, along with an old album I hadn't listened to in years.
- Getting a text message from an old friend who happened to have found the same album on their old iPod, and happened to be playing it and missing me. Right then.
- Napping with my cat, who shared a pillow with me.
- Getting articles about catladies who nurse their cats in my email. Also getting concepts of friends' art in my inbox [finally].
- Keeping my distance from the insane people, and the hopeless cases. And not feeling poorly about it.
- Confirming that my friend's band is playing a show tomorrow.
- Hypothetical apocalyptic futures played out on the History Channel.
- Toast. And telescopes.
- Being alone and at peace.. but also restless to move forward. Yes. It makes me happy to be restless.03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!
04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy
02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack
03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
01-07-2010, 11:03 PM #18
- Reconnecting with some friends in Seattle.
- Chocolate cake.
- Old Wii injury healed.
- Discovering new music genres.
- Finding interesting podcasts to listen to.
- Thinking about my trip to Barcelona in Feb.
- Goldman stocks.
- Polyphasic sleep, aka Uberman.
- Someone I like told me he misses me.
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM #19
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM #20
-Breakfast with my grandma and parents (and it was warmer than -30degrees!)
-spending time with family
-finishing a cover letter and resume and firing them off
-discovering a job opening to apply to (there's about one per week that opens up around here that's not a complete stretch for me to apply to)
-getting over a cold I've had off & on for about 4 weeks now
-CAT!"How can I be, all I want to be,
When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
By Amethyst in forum The BonfireReplies: 859Last Post: Today, 03:10 PM
By prplchknz in forum The Fluff ZoneReplies: 15Last Post: 11-13-2016, 02:01 AM
By Giggly in forum The BonfireReplies: 77Last Post: 10-27-2012, 07:22 AM
By Nijntje in forum The BonfireReplies: 39Last Post: 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
By streetlightfancy in forum The Fluff ZoneReplies: 6Last Post: 02-19-2011, 01:28 AM