Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3480

Thread: What made you happy today?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I prefer myself.
    ^ That's a great one -- but I'm not often dry enough to use it! My favorites besides cheers and yays are and and

I am also unashamed to admit that I find to be absolutely adorable and one of TypeC's best smileys.
    In any case, congratulations! Well done.
    Thanks
    I might have had a job like that after college. I interned in such a place, but the company was starting to get flaky, so I moved on.
    That's obnoxious. Sounds like a good choice on your part, though -- if they were that flaky before you were even employed for them, imagine what the workplace environment would have been like!
    What area(s) does the firm specialize in? Will you get to use your academic background directly?
    They have several divisions, but the one I'll be working in specializes in getting funding for nonprofits. I'd spend most of my time doing research on potential donors (individuals and groups), and the rest of my time working with client representatives in meetings (in person and via conference call). I'm excited for it, because firstly, I love research, and secondly, their client relations process seems incredibly Te: What's the problem? How can we help you solve it? What are the possible obstacles? Would it be more efficient to remove them or work around them? And how can we create a system for you that not only accomplishes your goal, but paves the way for accomplishing even greater goals without our help?

I wouldn't be using my academic background directly -- but I think this will be an incredible skill-building job, and will look great on my resume when I apply for grad school and/or a position linked to politics and/or international affairs.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Going to get my check in sweatpants with a light drizzle and no umbrella. Game of Thrones book 3 is all kinds of goodness. Four pizza slices, three cranberry juices, two songs, and one month until I do it all again at Lucky Jack's open mic.
    I N V I C T U S

This fried egg burger thing, how come I never heard of it til now

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Today I accidentally ended up on a fanfair!

The thing is I'm broke, so I couldn't actually go on any ride...

But who cares! FUNFAIR! FUNFAIR!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Array Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I am making real progress at drawing my comics.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    ISFP

Go meeting. Prospect of at least second place finish for upcoming chess tournament.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That my online friend who I met in real life a couple of months back really does want to stay in touch, we really do talk once a week or so like we said we would, and we can be on the phone for hours and not even realize the time is passing.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    Go meeting. Prospect of at least second place finish for upcoming chess tournament.
    I hear @SolitaryWalker is quite adept at chess, and perfectly willing to play against anybody on this forum. That may be a good opportunity to test your wits.

Of all board games, chess is actually my favorite (and the only one I'm decent at), but of course, supreme strategists at the expert level can completely annihilate me. I don't have a problem playing people beyond my level, but they may have problems of boredom with winning easy victories over someone like myself.

Some people say chess is all about strategy, being able to generate contingency plans and such, but I also see it as a visual problem solving game, where you can map out in your head all of the potential spatial transformations across the board. I guess foreseeing this stuff in advance may include a strong memory to keep the many immanent sequences in track, or to have various algorithims practiced in our minds, ready to unleash whichever ones work within the current context.

That's why I think chess is so cool. It's really a very multidimensional game. My main focus when I play it is to open up all of my pieces early, to give myself the room to attack the opponent from many different angles. This though seems to come at the price of not having a strong defence, so against players who are highly skilled, I can get exploited very quickly. I just find it fun to go for maximum action, to chase for an all or nothing result, even if it's very unreliable. When I played soccer 2 years back (I'm now 19) and earlier, I always got yelled at by my coaches and teamates for being out of position, or going for too many gambles. I still got better results doing this in soccer than I do in chess, since in soccer other people can back up our weaknesses. I generally played left-midfield, as that's the position where a player has the least amount of strict responcibilities. Flanking opponents reuqires some kind of X-factor to be potent.

4 years ago, I actually memorized the basic algorithms for solving a rubix cube, and could do that within an average of 2 to 3 minutes. Chess on the other hand is much harder, as there's no one set solution to solve problems from any situation. You really have to be crafty. I will close this message with a quote from a philosopher I'm fond of: "If it is not true it is very well invented." - Giordano Bruno

Anew Leaf

a lovely introvert day spent doing nothing except art and thinking and eating a snack and then taking a nap and then oooh look more colors to do things with and then they are something, slightly curved but laying there flat and expectant.

also I had cookies.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I hear @SolitaryWalker is quite adept at chess, and perfectly willing to play against anybody on this forum. That may be a good opportunity to test your wits.

Of all board games, chess is actually my favorite (and the only one I'm decent at), but of course, supreme strategists at the expert level can completely annihilate me. I don't have a problem playing people beyond my level, but they may have problems of boredom with winning easy victories over someone like myself.

Some people say chess is all about strategy, being able to generate contingency plans and such, but I also see it as a visual problem solving game, where you can map out in your head all of the potential spatial transformations across the board. I guess foreseeing this stuff in advance may include a strong memory to keep the many immanent sequences in track, or to have various algorithims practiced in our minds, ready to unleash whichever ones work within the current context.

That's why I think chess is so cool. It's really a very multidimensional game. My main focus when I play it is to open up all of my pieces early, to give myself the room to attack the opponent from many different angles. This though seems to come at the price of not having a strong defence, so against players who are highly skilled, I can get exploited very quickly. I just find it fun to go for maximum action, to chase for an all or nothing result, even if it's very unreliable. When I played soccer 2 years back (I'm now 19) and earlier, I always got yelled at by my coaches and teamates for being out of position, or going for too many gambles. I still got better results doing this in soccer than I do in chess, since in soccer other people can back up our weaknesses. I generally played left-midfield, as that's the position where a player has the least amount of strict responcibilities. Flanking opponents reuqires some kind of X-factor to be potent.

4 years ago, I actually memorized the basic algorithms for solving a rubix cube, and could do that within an average of 2 to 3 minutes. Chess on the other hand is much harder, as there's no one set solution to solve problems from any situation. You really have to be crafty. I will close this message with a quote from a philosopher I'm fond of: "If it is not true it is very well invented." - Giordano Bruno
    I'd be up for playing against him. I've been in an especially shitty place lately and have been adding to gross universal misery by being a oneupsmanship obsessed prick. What the fuck does winning at chess or any of these games I've devoted hours to do for the world? It is so horribly selfish. I get into these jags but the older I get the more I realize winning doesn't generally accomplish anything positive except to inflate egos.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet