User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
12311 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Women who wear makeup

I'm a makeup artist and have recently wondered why some men really don't like their women to wear makeup. Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO? I am really trying to understand as my Husband loves it when I get dressed up, style my hair and do my makeup.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Well, personally, I like make-up and have always seen it as a form of self-expression. I think your husband must have good taste (his wife is a very pretty lady, but don't tell her I said that ). He knows you don't overdo it and that you know how to use it to maximize your advantages. Men who outrightly detest make-up have never been a part of my sphere. I'm a punk so make-up happens, even on the men sometimes. HAHA!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Well, personally, I like make-up and have always seen it as a form of self-expression. I think your husband must have good taste (his wife is a very pretty lady, but don't tell her I said that ). He knows you don't overdo it and that you know how to use it to maximize your advantages. Men who outrightly detest make-up have never been a part of my sphere. I'm a punk so make-up happens, even on the men sometimes. HAHA!
    Is that a picture of you in your profile? If so then you are gorgeous and you did a fabulous job with your makeup and hair!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Is that a picture of you in your profile? If so then you are gorgeous and you did a fabulous job with your makeup and hair!

That's me, aye-aye! I can brag to my mother now that a make-up artist liked my make-up and hair! Take that, mom!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO?
    No.

Well, I prefer less makeup on women, as it makes women look more natural, and less tacky. I think women should keep makeup to a minimum, only use it to bring out their features.

I also suppose being vegetarian does not help me to like makeup, therefore it tends to remind me of not very pleasant things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Well, I prefer less make up on women, as it makes women look more natural, and less tacky. I think women should keep make up to a minimum, only use it to bring out their features.
    Ya, I think that's what the aim should be too... although I suppose people still differ on how much is needed to draw things out.

I think you look great, Jen -- you are going to have to teach me the difference between basic lipstick vs lip liner and how they should be used.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yes, give us some pointers, Jen.

Jennifer -- Lip liner will make your make-up life so much easier. I hardly bother with lipstick anymore because liner stays put, doesn't bleed and wears longer.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I think you look great, Jen -- you are going to have to teach me the difference between basic lipstick vs lip liner and how they should be used.
    Thanks Jennifer and Pink The reason I am asking is that over the years I have had a several clients tell me to tone it down because their boyfriends or husbands hate the way they look with too much makeup on.

MBTI
    ISTP

Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO?
    No.. and since I'm a bit offended, I'll throw that one back... I'm not interested in anyone who is insecure enough to feel they need it.

[/rarrrrwwwwww]

(In all seriousness, I just prefer women who aren't concerned about things like this. The time and money spent seem generally wasteful, but I see the value for special events, and I suppose for various feature highlights.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Jennifer -- Lip liner will make your make-up life so much easier. I hardly bother with lipstick anymore because liner stays put, doesn't bleed and wears longer.
    So you can actually use lip-liner to color in the entire lip area, and not just outline?

Lipstick really does smear alot.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft