User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 789101119 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, you were talking about flattering an image enhancing clothing at the time, actually.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, you were talking about flattering an image enhancing clothing at the time, actually.
    As a simile for cosmetics. Substitute "wearing flattering clothing" for "using cosmetics" in that sentence. It doesn't change a thing-- it's not about getting dolled up, it's just about being well-groomed. When purchasing clothing, if I have the choice of something that minimizes the bootyal area and something that shows it for what it is, I'll pick the one that minimizes. It's no more difficult to buy one over the other-- just as it's no more difficult to use cosmetic skincare than it is to use basic skincare.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This term, "dolled up," makes me chuckle a bit because for most women I know, that is SO NOT the point most of the time. I can't even tell when they've got it on usually. It's just an extension of their grooming habits, like keeping the brows plucked and the fingernails trimmed and such. For me there is definitely also a health consideration- the powder I use is a sunscreen as well as a cosmetic (I'm rocking a handful of risk factors for skin cancer). It's not about getting "dolled up." I know I'm not the only one that approaches it that way.
    Yeah, I have used that term all of my life because that's how my Grandpa use to view me (I'm very much a girly-girl -- I have worn make-up, long hair, skirts, and heels pretty much all of my life! I have long nails, but I don't paint them anymore... it's all natural!)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Yeah, I have used that term all of my life because that's how my Grandpa use to view me (I'm very much a girly-girl -- I have worn make-up, long hair, skirts, and heels pretty much all of my life! I have long nails, but I don't paint them anymore... it's all natural!)
    It's one of those terms that can be used lightheartedly or with disdain. I'm not a girly-girl at all (might have a little something to do with having been forced to wear skirts and keep my hair long as a teen because of my parents' religion) but my daughter is, and she loves all that stuff. I'm not into it-- makeup is very practical for me-- but I'm careful to allow her to express herself through her sense of style and get "dolled up" if she wants. (Not that she wears makeup, except for play, she IS only 8!)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I like skirts, but I prefer short hair an practical shoes...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

All jeans, all the time. HATE skirts. I had long (and I mean LONG) hair until I was 18, now I keep it about chin length. I have described my current favorite shoes as "f**k me clogs."

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    That's me, aye-aye! I can brag to my mother now that a make-up artist liked my make-up and hair! Take that, mom!
    That's you? Wow. When I saw it I thought it was Natalie Portman.

I prefer women that do not wear much makeup, although I certainly understand and can appreciate it for special occasions. I don't find anything deceptive about it, I just don't like when she can't leave the house without "putting her face on", especially for everyday stuff or physical activities.

Sometimes it can make everyday situations uncomfortable. For instance, if you are a woman and a man was coming over just to hang out with some pizza and a movie, would you be unnerved if he came over in a suit? Wouldn't it, without being a huge problem, just kind of make you feel uncomfortable? Like one of you was misjudging the occasion? That's kind of how I feel about obvious makeup. It makes me feel that by comparison I haven't put effort into my appearance even if the occasion does not demand it. To me, a lot of the intimacy in a relationship is that you can let your hair down with each other, and lots of makeup makes me feel like she can't do that.

That said, I'm a huge sucker for hair in colors that don't occur in nature. I guess it's the fact that by no means could hair like that be seen as "dolled up". If anything, it's the opposite.
    Last edited by EffEmDoubleyou; 11-17-2007 at 05:49 AM. Reason: addition

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

And of course it goes without saying that you look lovely both with and without, but you're such an artist I'd love to get you to show me how to do it right sometime.
    Thanks Ivy Yes, we should do that. I think it would be fun! We'll have to save the for after though, as I would hate to be inebriated while trying to do your makeup! :eek:
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP

It's one of those terms that can be used lightheartedly or with disdain. I'm not a girly-girl at all (might have a little something to do with having been forced to wear skirts and keep my hair long as a teen because of my parents' religion) but my daughter is, and she loves all that stuff. I'm not into it-- makeup is very practical for me-- but I'm careful to allow her to express herself through her sense of style and get "dolled up" if she wants. (Not that she wears makeup, except for play, she IS only 8!)
    I totally understand! I didn't HAVE to wear skirts because of religious pressures... it was just something that I have always preferred. I think I have one pair of jeans and one jean capri... Anyway, my hair is just past my shoulder blades, but it's a very professional cut and very easy to maintain. About 8-years ago, I cut 13-inches off, and it's been shorter ever since! I type all the time so my nails are about 1 centimeter long all the time - I can't stand the long drag-queen nails.

When I was younger, my Grandpa thought it was funny that I enjoyed painting my long nails and wearing make-up. He did say, however that he would be waiting by the door to run off all the guys... maybe he thought I looked older than I really was because of my style? *shrugging shoulders* I wonder. Well, I did want to look older, and make-up helped... I was always so small, so I was always mistaken for a kid.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters