User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 5678917 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    *sings* " Yoouuur cheatin' heeeeaaarrrttt... will make you weeeeeeppp.... you'll try and trrrryyyyyyy... and try to sleeeppp...."

I love Hank Williams! and don't worry dear- I'm not cheating on you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I agree with Nonpareil, it's more important to keep your skin nice than to contaminate it by wearing makeup all the time. (Btw Non what brands do you use? I use Shiseido and a few Lush products..). I also prefer to wear interesting clothes on my body than put all sort of things on to cover my face. I used to wear eyeliner and mascara quite a lot. Nowadays I only wear concealer, if I do wear anything at all. Once in a while, I'll wear something in a strange colour, such as bright blue eyeliner. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it makes brown eyes like mine pop. Also, it's just for the sake of unconventionality.

Some people can wear it every day and look nice. It depends on your face. Almost all girls my age look better without it though. Either that, or they don't know how to wear it, so that it has completely no effect.

For women that are older though, such as mid-20's or 30's, I think they would look better applying a bit of noticeable makeup, such as lipstick/stain and perhaps some eyeshadow (without overdoing things of course). It shows that they take pride in their appearance and womanhood. It's certainly more important to stay in good health and maintain the quality of your skin. But it gets boring if you're just leaving it be every day! Humans have such beautiful features, why not have some fun with them?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I wear mascara on my top eyelashes. I *sometimes* put on eyeshadow. I will wear cover-up and some unnoticeable blush if I'm going out for an evening. I still have no idea what the difference is between concealer and foundation, even though I know I own at least one of the two.

Occasionally I will leave the house and notice I didn't put makeup on; this is not typical for me, but it also doesn't cause more than a few seconds of "damn. Forgot something". No biggie.

Makeup makes me look more Fresh. Seriously. I don't look as tired, I look more alert; I look more healthy. That's the kind of makeup I apply. The kind that makes it look like I just went for a run an hour ago, where I have a healthy, alert glow.

A lot of times people think I'm not wearing makeup. Then they see me actually without makeup. I am wearing it, just a) not very much and b) it's consciously done to make me look like I'm not wearing any.

Edit: sorta like Jill Hennessy over here to your left. She's wearing tons of makeup. Did guys know that? A girl can look at that and see it; it's just done by professionals. She probably looks 10x better with makeup than without.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is insightful IMO. I don't regularly wear a full face of makeup but I do use lip color, eye color, concealer and powder when I feel like it. Some of us are not blessed with an ivory complexion- I've got rosacea, and unless I want to look like I've just been told a dirty joke all day long, I need a bit of green powder to even the tones. Behind the rosacea my skin is actually very pale so I like a bit of concealer under the eyes sometimes.

PS, I frequently get compliments about how nice my skin is "and you don't even need makeup for it!" So, these natural-looking women might actually have on some cosmetics. It's not like it makes her some kind of Jezebel.
    This is exactly my point. People are making character indictments about women who wear makeup, like wearing makeup, and don't intended to stop like it's the Scarlet Letter. Believe me (please believe I'm a former MUA) if you see a woman with beautiful fresh looking skin chances are SHE'S WEARING MAKEUP. And she's wearing it the right way so that you can barely tell. When people tell me your skin is so clear I tell them they to can attain airbrushed looking skin and point them in the direction of the nearest MAC.

The opinions about wearing makeup/not wearing it seem way too harsh for the topic to me. People here get less riled up over pedophilia and makeup wearing make up is a problem??
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I agree with Nonpareil, it's more important to keep your skin nice than to contaminate it by wearing makeup all the time. (Btw Non what brands do you use? I use Shiseido and a few Lush products..).
    I use the three step skin care thingy (not sure what it is actually called) by Clinique. I wash my face every morning and every night (nomatter what). I apply sunblock on my face everyday and I always make sure I put face cream on. I suffer from oily skin so I usually try to limit the oils by washing my face and using oil-free moisturizers. I try to use a face mask to remove dirt and oils from my skin every once in awhile. For times when I have zits, I use an acne cleansing product to combat the zits. I don't put on lipstick, I normally use vasaline (petroleum jelly) to keep my lips soft. The important thing is to make sure you remove as much dirt and oils from your skin at the end of the day.

I also prefer to wear interesting clothes on my body than put all sort of things on to cover my face. I used to wear eyeliner and mascara quite a lot. Nowadays I only wear concealer, if I do wear anything at all.
    I feel the same way, I always dressed very stylish and unique. I hated following trends because unless you had tons of cash, you really can't keep up with the trends.
    Once in a while, I'll wear something in a strange colour, such as bright blue eyeliner. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it makes brown eyes like mine pop. Also, it's just for the sake of unconventionality.
    I wear makeup only on special occasions, which is only about two times a year. When I do have makeup, it's very subtle - just concealer, eyeshadow and a little bit of blush. I hate the effort in using eyeliners or mascara...I don't like anything that close to my eye.

Some people can wear it every day and look nice. It depends on your face. Almost all girls my age look better without it though. Either that, or they don't know how to wear it, so that it has completely no effect.
    I agree, some people can wear it every day - if that is what they really want to do. I just don't see the point in all that effort but hey, to each their own.

Maybe that's just it, Niffer and I are still young and vital so we don't know what it's like to need to wear makeup. I just find it sad that so many people our age feels that they need the makeup to feel beautiful. The thing is, applying makeup (nomatter how little it may be) on a regular basis, as far as I know, is not good for the complexion.

For women that are older though, such as mid-20's or 30's, I think they would look better applying a bit of noticeable makeup, such as lipstick/stain and perhaps some eyeshadow (without overdoing things of course). It shows that they take pride in their appearance and womanhood.
    I guess I can see your point here. I'm not saying people who wear makeup is bad, I just think it's overused and overemphasized - just because society says women need to put on makeup doesn't mean they are right! Society also say women need to be thin to be attractive - that doesn't mean they are right. We should accept people for who they are instead of making them feel like they should be hiding the little imperfections we all have (in one way or another). That's all I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with zits, blemishes, freckles, even wrinkles, it's how the whole package comes together. If you didn't care about how you dress or combing your hair, then of course you won't come off attractive without makeup. But someone dressed professionally, who does her hair and takes care of herself can be attractive and socially acceptable with or without makeup. It's just rare to see that because most people who spend hours in front of the mirror putting on make-up also spends hours planning what to wear and doing their hair. And you can assume the opposite with people who don't spend time putting on makeup. But, I can say, I pay a lot of attention to how I dress and doing my hair, and so people don't miss that I don't have makeup on.

It's certainly more important to stay in good health and maintain the quality of your skin.
    I just find it sad because I see so many people who use makeup to hide the flaws in their skin but at the same time neglect their skin. One of the biggest one I see is those who don't remove their makeup at night, it's so bad for your skin!
    But it gets boring if you're just leaving it be every day! Humans have such beautiful features, why not have some fun with them?
    I'm not saying one can't use makeup, I just saying it should only be used when necessary. Humans are beautiful - even with flaws, that's what makes us unique.

I just see so many people who takes makeup to a new extreme - with the permanent lip tattoos, eyeliner tattooing, botox, etc. I can't imagine justifying those extreme forms of cosmetics.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I typically wear just mascara, sometimes I will do eyeliner and mascara but that is my 'together' look.

If there is a wedding or something I will get 'dolled' up a lil powder foundation, some blush and eyeshadow. Along with a lil gloss and mascara, but even then is subtle

make up

no make up and lighter too.....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't really think I was being that mean to women who wear cosmetics.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Or, I could have meant what I said.
    We can waste our time digging back into my psychology for an answer, hmm?
    Maybe it's because I almost(if not) pathologically hate my skin.
    Even an average person's skin looks enviable to me, and yeah, I'm pretty damn sure my brothers weren't wearing makeup everyday.
    I would have liked to have had skin like them...
    Oh Magic, you know I wuv you!

Your skin didn't look bad in your pic, it looked pretty clear actually.

And, you know guys wear make-up too right? And not to look like punks or in drag? Two words - 'tinted moisturizer' or one word - 'cover-up' or even 'bronzer'. These are probably the most acceptable forms of make-up that are creeping into the medicine cabinets of men in the U.S.

I just had a thought -- I bet you guys saying you don't like girls in make-up --you guys are anti metrosexual too, aren't ya! I bet you guys don't even have a skin regimen! LOL.

From a global perspective in the 'industrialized world', US women are actually very LOW maintenance compared to some of their western european and east asian counterparts.

It's not just about make-up but about skin regimen, diet, hair, clothes, overall appearance and effort. The style of dress in America is much more casual and even standards of beauty are about 'girl next door' meaning being approachable and attainable. There is a small percentage of US women who consistentlyspend a lot of time, effort, even money on grooming but that's a minority and these women are considered 'high maintenance'. In lesbian terms, these women are 'high femme', hahaha.

But really, most non-celebrity women don't look THAT different without make-up. Unless they are applying it really badly or like a total pro. Applied badly, I don't think anyone will argue that it looks attractive and will merely point out flaws and make a face look unbalanced. Applied like a pro, she will look really different without it, so maybe that is a turn-off to guys who aren't used to the 'two faces' of being a woman or feel 'cheated'...but you guys will also feel cheated about push-up bras or that your girlfriend seemed so sweet and dainty when you first met and now she burps in front of you and won't close the door when she goes to the bathroom. Hahahaha.

I guess I'm just saying, I don't necessarily even think we're disagreeing on anything, it's just our definitions...or something like that.

I would be interested to see the anti-make-up camp post pics of women who have 'gone too far' with make-up and women they think look 'natural'.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't really think I was being that mean to women who wear cosmetics.
    You hinted that they were being dishonest (purposely?) and unreliable among other things by simply wearing makeup. I say again, it's really not that deep.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Oh Magic, you know I wuv you!
    I appreciate your love, though I am a little bit befudlded by it.

Your skin didn't look bad in your pic, it looked pretty clear actually.
    I know! The photos always take my acne away for some reason, but trust me, it was there when I took the picture.

And, you know guys wear make-up too right? And not to look like punks or in drag? Two words - 'tinted moisturizer' or one word - 'cover-up' or even 'bronzer'. These are probably the most acceptable forms of make-up that are creeping into the medicine cabinets of men in the U.S. .
    I had to live with two of my brothers for a years and years, and I'm pretty sure they never used any cosmetics.

I just had a thought -- I bet you guys saying you don't like girls in make-up --you guys are anti metrosexual too, aren't ya! I bet you guys don't even have a skin regimen! LOL..
    I've been spending years trying anything I've been told is a treatment for acne... and washing my face. Does that count...?

From a global perspective in the 'industrialized world', US women are actually very LOW maintenance compared to some of their western european and east asian counterparts.

It's not just about make-up but about skin regimen, diet, hair, clothes, overall appearance and effort. The style of dress in America is much more casual and even standards of beauty are about 'girl next door' meaning being approachable and attainable. There is a small percentage of US women who consistentlyspend a lot of time, effort, even money on grooming but that's a minority and these women are considered 'high maintenance'. In lesbian terms, these women are 'high femme', hahaha..
    Yes, yes. I don't actually care much about the global perspective, because it still means that I'm basing my opinion on the standards of society, and society is ludicrous.

But really, most non-celebrity women don't look THAT different without make-up. Unless they are applying it really badly or like a total pro. Applied badly, I don't think anyone will argue that it looks attractive and will merely point out flaws and make a face look unbalanced. Applied like a pro, she will look really different without it, so maybe that is a turn-off to guys who aren't used to the 'two faces' of being a woman or feel 'cheated'...but you guys will also feel cheated about push-up bras or that your girlfriend seemed so sweet and dainty when you first met and now she burps in front of you and won't close the door when she goes to the bathroom. Hahahaha. .
    I am bothered by two faces, and I do think push-up bras are one of the dumbest things! Arghhh! Either the guy cares about big boobs, and he'll be dissapointed, or he won't be dissapointed, which means you didn't need to make your boobs look big. See what I'm getting at here?
    False first impressions ain't gonna do any good.

I might be a little bothered by a girl slackening-up once she's gotten to know me, but not a whole lot. A major change would bother me, though.
    I want people to be genuine.

I guess I'm just saying, I don't necessarily even think we're disagreeing on anything, it's just our definitions...or something like that.

I would be interested to see the anti-make-up camp post pics of women who have 'gone too far' with make-up and women they think look 'natural'.
    Ummm... Okay. I probably won't be posting any pictures, though.
    I just... don't feel like it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.