User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 4567816 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

No, I like them natural.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    GONE

I think most men who say, 'women don't need make-up' generally don't know what make-up is. Actually most men don't know what 'wearing make-up' means. So they see a 'natural' looking woman and dont' realize that woman is wearing a FULL FACE of make-up. Or else they actually have HIGH STANDARDS and want a woman with flawless skin who basically LOOKS like she's already wearing make-up.

Application of make-up is a form of expression as well as a skill and further depends on the individual woman's coloring, skin type, and features so everyone puts it on very differently.

And I don't think you men are saying that you should be allowed to be complete slobs who don't brush your hair, shave, or coordinate on a first date/first impression and a woman should still fall madly in love with you or else they're shallow...are you?

And btw, the poll showed everyone's names next to their votes the first time I looked (not sure about now) so I voted 'sluttier the better!' so she who shall not be named wouldn't feel lonely.

I also attempted for a second to be a make-up artist and it's not that I like to look slutty all the time per sae, but rather I love playing with how I look. It's fun! I also gladly look like a fashion terrorist at times because frankly, it cracks me up and I get a kick out of it.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think most men who say, 'women don't need make-up' generally don't know what make-up is. Actually most men don't know what 'wearing make-up' means. So they see a 'natural' looking woman and dont' realize that woman is wearing a FULL FACE of make-up. Or else they actually have HIGH STANDARDS and want a woman with flawless skin who basically LOOKS like she's already wearing make-up.
    Or, I could have meant what I said.
    We can waste our time digging back into my psychology for an answer, hmm?
    Maybe it's because I almost(if not) pathologically hate my skin.
    Even an average person's skin looks enviable to me, and yeah, I'm pretty damn sure my brothers weren't wearing makeup everyday.
    I would have liked to have had skin like them...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is insightful IMO. I don't regularly wear a full face of makeup but I do use lip color, eye color, concealer and powder when I feel like it. Some of us are not blessed with an ivory complexion- I've got rosacea, and unless I want to look like I've just been told a dirty joke all day long, I need a bit of green powder to even the tones. Behind the rosacea my skin is actually very pale so I like a bit of concealer under the eyes sometimes.

PS, I frequently get compliments about how nice my skin is "and you don't even need makeup for it!" So, these natural-looking women might actually have on some cosmetics. It's not like it makes her some kind of Jezebel.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My husband is not a big fan of make-up. It used to annoy the heck out of me when I would spend an hour getting ready and had to fish for compliments, but he'd tell me I was beautiful first thing in the morning and I was all rumpled and unkempt. Once we started having kids and life got more hectic my attitude did a complete flip-flop and now I'm so glad he's not into the more-high maintenance look. I don't like the feel of make-up on my face anymore and I never remember to take it off at night and then my face breaks out. What a pain. It's honestly one of the things I dread about the idea of going to work eventually.

After around five years of marriage, my husband realized that there was kind of a social requirement for women to wear make-up in certain situations in order to be treated like professionals, etc. I was glad that he understood and didn't think I was just being shallow when I wore make-up on occasions that kind of demand it.

At this point, if I feel like I want to wear it or think I should wear it, I wear it, but not because my husband wants or needs me to. I don't personally share his opinion that I look better without it, but that is certainly not going to keep me from reaping the rewards of that opinion.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I remember at one point when cafe posted some pictures on INTPc (?) of her without and with makeup.

Her makeup was very tasteful and natural, and one might not have even noticed she had it on, except that she had offered the Before picture... and I think it really did help bring out the natural beauty in her face. I have seen women who don't ever do makeup... and usually they do not seem to care that much about their appearance ... and they end up looking as bad as men who don't bother to shave or who keep their hair unkempt and who dress sloppily. They often do not seem to have much positive pride in their appearance.

I guess I do disagree with the people who think "no makeup" is completely the way to go, all the time. I think makeup artfully applied, not drawing attention to itself, actually is very good at accentuating one's natural beauty and smoothing out rough spots.

And I suppose that motivations are very important. Feeling little self-worth unless you are wearing makeup, or only wearing makeup in order to earn the approval of others -- well, that seems silly. You should wear it because you enjoy it yourself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

And I don't think you men are saying that you should be allowed to be complete slobs who don't brush your hair, shave, or coordinate on a first date/first impression and a woman should still fall madly in love with you or else they're shallow...are you?
    No one here is probably saying that, since those types of activities are more cleanliness types of activities than sticking extra colors on. As you'll notice, males here aren't saying that females who brush teeth, take showers, etc. are "superficial". A better male equivalent would probably be something like hair dye or a toupee/wig (Which won't be as common for younger males that tend to post here.)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I think most men who say, 'women don't need make-up' generally don't know what make-up is. Actually most men don't know what 'wearing make-up' means.
    Perhaps they think women who wear makeup will look like Aunt Sally and it scares them. :horor:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is insightful IMO. I don't regularly wear a full face of makeup but I do use lip color, eye color, concealer and powder when I feel like it. Some of us are not blessed with an ivory complexion- I've got rosacea, and unless I want to look like I've just been told a dirty joke all day long, I need a bit of green powder to even the tones. Behind the rosacea my skin is actually very pale so I like a bit of concealer under the eyes sometimes.
    I wouldn't have known that you went to that trouble to have flawless skin or that you had rosacea. You also do a wonderful job with your eyebrows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    No, I like them natural.
    I think one of the reasons that you dislike Borat, is that you're envious of his love for Pamela Anderson. The sooner you admit this, the happier you will be.

I really do appreciate everyone's opinions and comments on this subject!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Perhaps they think women who wear makeup will look like Aunt Sally and it scares them. :horor:

picture of really red cheeked person
    There actually was someone in a class today that looked like a version of that, though obviously with much less red on the cheeks. The cheeks weren't any more red than regular blushing or getting cold or warm, but the pattern never changed at all when they moved around and as the day went on. It seemed to be something like a 70-30 or 80-20% chance that it was makeup. (Which perhaps kind of agrees with CzeCze's point about the not obvious stuff.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I wouldn't have known that you went to that trouble to have flawless skin or that you had rosacea. You also do a wonderful job with your eyebrows!
    Thank you! Without a little something I tend to look a bit like Aunt Sally up there. I'm exaggerating a little. I do look fine without it (I'm not wearing any in the photos I've put up here) but it helps sometimes when the rosacea flares up.

And of course it goes without saying that you look lovely both with and without, but you're such an artist I'd love to get you to show me how to do it right sometime.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii