User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I don't wear makeup, mostly because I don't think I do a good job putting it on.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Is it considered insecure to want to see how a woman really looks?
    That's what bothers me. I want to see the real thing, instead of some fake image.
    I'm marginally less bothered by crazy colorful hair, as oppose to "natural" hair dye, because it's obviously not an attempt to pass for something real. The same goes for most other forms of cosmetics. It's more artistic than, say, and attempt to make people think you are someone you're not.

That being said; I just don't like lipstick altogether.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Is it considered insecure to want to see how a woman really looks?
    That's what bothers me. I want to see the real thing, instead of some fake image.
    I'm marginally less bothered by crazy colorful hair, as oppose to "natural" hair dye, because it's obviously not an attempt to pass for something real. The same goes for most other forms of cosmetics. It's more artistic than, say, and attempt to make people think you are someone you're not.

That being said; I just don't like lipstick altogether.
    You feel that way too? I was wondering why that bothered me.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

After writing down the post a bit, I think in general the reason I don't like makeup is that the colors and contrast produce a similar reaction as if, say, the person was sick and a bit green or blue. Lips that are a bit too red or magenta, tanned skin, cheeks that are reddish all the time, eyes with too much contrast, etc. are showing colors that I don't regularly see on people, they all look a bit off, so the part of my brain processing appearance is repelled by the way makeup looks.

Some makeup, such as tans (Real tans do this as well), and eye stuff, also make a person's skin look a lot thicker and more leathery, almost as if it is a plastic coating, which is off putting as well. (People who naturally are colored brown don't have this appearance to them as someone who is suntanned to a shade of brown, I'm not completely sure why.)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Here I am without makeup. For the record I am fine with or without.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 11-17-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    1w2

It always baffles me when guys say they don't like makeup on women. Looking like a clown is one thing, but when properly applied most men like makeup on women. The best applications are the ones you can't even tell that they have it on. I hardly believe that people find acne scars or other blemishes attractive.

If I had the resources, I'd gladly spend an hour being gloriously primped before I go out. If I could, I'd walk about everyday as if I were going to a Hollywood premiere. I just like getting dressed up.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It always baffles me when guys say they don't like makeup on women. Looking like a clown is one thing, but when properly applied most men like makeup on women. The best applications are the ones you can't even tell that they have it on. I hardly believe that people find acne scars or other blemishes attractive.

If I had the resources, I'd gladly spend an hour being gloriously primped before I go out. If I could, I'd walk about everyday as if I were going to a Hollywood premiere. I just like getting dressed up.

I find trust, honesty, and reliability attractive. I don't want someone that's only attractive because they waste hours and tons of money trying to artificially alter themselves for a limited time. I'd rather have someone that's honest and comfortable with not looking very special...
    Also, this perfect makeup application you speak of is very rare. Most people with makeup on look like people with makeup on. To make matters worse, I could rub my hand all over their faces and watch their image smear.
    Am I the only one bothered by that?
    No, acne scars are not pretty, but I think a lot of people actually look rather nice when they are natural.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    That's me, aye-aye! I can brag to my mother now that a make-up artist liked my make-up and hair! Take that, mom!
    Here is a picture of me when I was about 14. Too bad thinner eyebrows weren't in style at that time.

Oh yeah and I also David Bowie. He looks amazing for an old geezer!:
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    1w2

I find trust, honesty, and reliability attractive.
    I don't think wearing makeup prevents anyone from having these traits. Unless you view wearing makeup as being dishonest?

I don't want someone that's only attractive because they waste hours and tons of money trying to artificially alter themselves for a limited time. I'd rather have someone that's honest and comfortable with not looking very special...
    I think most women who wear makeup are comfortable with their looks. Just because a woman wears makeup doesn't mean she's insecure or hiding something. Makeup can also enhance what's already there. And as Pinkpiranha and Jen already pointed out, makeup is art form and the canvas is the human body. Just because you think it's a waste doesn't mean it is.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

It's nice when done right, but I other wise couldn't care less. Besides, don't women get all prettied up for other women, not men?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]