User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I think make-up is too overused nowadays by women. I personally rarely put make-up on. Given, I'm still young and probably don't need it yet, I think it's better to show the world the real you. I hate all the time people spend on putting on their make-up and preparing themselves to face the world everyday.

I too, grew up in a household of mostly women who spends at least an hour every morning getting their makeup on and hair done. I think it's a waste of time. I don't think I should have to make myself up to be considered attractive. People should like me the way I am and if they don't, it's their loss since I've already found my perfect guy who does love me for who I am - with or without makeup.

I do put makeup on when it's a special event (party, wedding, etc.) but even then, it's very mimimal and very natural, just enough to highlight what I do have.

Personally, I think makeup should only be used on special occasions since it's not really good for our skin anyways. People should be confident enough to not wear makeup! Anyways, that's my two cents.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Make-up is an art medium like pencils or watercolor. I happen to like it.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Precisely. That's why I would avoid putting it on edibles like cheeks and lips. Oh, and go light on the perfume...it can be bitter.
    some of us are actually nice enough to taste test our perfume!

(actually- I was curious if it tasted as good as it smelled- and it was pretty close! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Cooking vanilla. A trick used by ladies back in the day when they couldn't get/afford perfume. Tastes good too.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Cooking vanilla. A trick used by ladies back in the day when they couldn't get/afford perfume. Tastes good too.
    if I wasn't already engaged to your sister...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Make-up is an art medium like pencils or watercolor. I happen to like it.
    But it only counts if you have your own style, not the style that the TV wants you to have.

(Let's see a picture in all your glorious makeup!)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    But it only counts if you have your own style, not the style that the TV wants you to have.
    Agreed!

(Let's see a picture in all your glorious makeup!)
    These are the only ones I have online at my gallery. Not great for make-up, really, but I haven't got any of those of me and Jenny posted.

Return of the Old ID by ~hernameisrio on deviantART

Megan Super Spy by ~hernameisrio on deviantART
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    if I wasn't already engaged to your sister...
    Shame on me! Trying to steal my sister's fiancee.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Shame on me! Trying to steal my sister's fiancee.
    well, you did say we'd all be one big happy family!

MBTI
    INFJ

To be honest my answer w/in this poll took me a little bit longer than I expected. I was stuck on (paraphrased) "just a little to highlight the features", and "well applied". In the end I ended up voting for the latter, and I'm still not entirely sure that I picked the right choice. Many of the women I'm attracted to (at least physically, but often based on more than that) tend to be ESFJ, who are I guess the leaders of the make-up zealous fans (somewhat meant for satire ;-D).

With that said I can respect the fact that so many women put so much time into looking presentable and the like, but it does get a little extraneous sometimes. As a whole, women do put too much credence into looking like something they're not I suppose, and that's obviously not something to be advocated.

The thread starter had asked what males' main problems are with this, and to be honest, I think it's a feeling of shame with one's self. Men don't have to do nearly as much as women seem to think they need to, and maybe men will be more conscious of what they do or say in regards to their women so as not to invoke any fury emotionally, as maybe they feel their women have no interest in them physically, and thusly what's underneath is their last card left (not to say that judging someone based on their persona [relationship wise] is a bad thing). Even I think I'm sort of talking out of my ass right now to be frank, lol..., but, I am somewhat of a pseudo-grunge zealot , and I suppose if I had some sort of beauty queen for a girlfriend I'd be constantly paranoid regarding our relationship; I'd be constantly feeling like she was going to break up with me. Obviously make-up can't really induce these sorts of feelings on its own but if it would enhance a woman's image that greatly I do think it would play some sort of component involved w/ this theory.