User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So you can actually use lip-liner to color in the entire lip area, and not just outline?

Lipstick really does smear alot.
    I personally DEPLORE the way lipstick tastes and have resorted to using liner over the years as color. You just use a touch of gloss or chapstick over it to keep it soft and you're good to go. Liner can be a bit drying otherwise. There are a few companies that have come out with very serviceable liner-lipstick pencils that are a BREEZE to deal with.

But Jen could explain this stuff better! I'll step aside!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I wear makeup on one facial feature only (eyes) because without makeup I get mistaken for a high schooler

I grew up in a family where no woman ever considers leaving the house without makeup on, and when you turn 11 you get taken to buy your first mascara and blush, so that probably explains a bit...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm a makeup artist and have recently wondered why some men really don't like their women to wear makeup. Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO? I am really trying to understand as my Husband loves it when I get dressed up, style my hair and do my makeup.
    I was just talking with my brother the other day as we sat in the supermarket parking lot, eating our sandwiches in the car and people-watching, about how it seems impossible to see a natural looking woman these days. Every one that walked past the car seemed to have fake tan, covered in make-up, dyed hair covered in hairspray etc, push-up bras, and on one you could even see the lines of those corset thingies through her top.

Then this woman walked past with long natural brown hair, not layered or cut in any style but just in a simple ponytail, in a casual skirt and skinny t-shirt, she just looked like a normal woman, and we thought she was beautiful and stood out like a real mahogany desk in a line of imitation wood-effect chipboard monstrosities. She had class, she had style, and she didn't even need to try.

It depends on the situation though. I mean if she went to a cocktail party looking like that, she'd look ornery and out of place, though still beautiful. I've seen woman at cocktail parties though, who get really dressed up and put on loads of make up and do their hair fancy and all that, and still manage to not look 'fake' like some of them do.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    No.. and since I'm a bit offended, I'll throw that one back... I'm not interested in anyone who is insecure enough to feel they need it.
    [/rarrrrwwwwww]
    I am sorry you were a bit offended. That was not my intention. I'm just gathering information.

(In all seriousness, I just prefer women who aren't concerned about things like this. The time and money spent seem generally wasteful, but I see the value for special events, and I suppose for various feature highlights.)
    Thanks for your input

I didn't want to turn this into a tips and tricks thread although I do think that is a great idea! If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll make one this weekend!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Oberon

A little eyeliner and mascara is fine.

Anything else ruins the flavor.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    A little eyeliner and mascara is fine.
    Anything else ruins the flavor.
    You're not supposed to EAT it, silly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If it's makeup to be pretty, it's stupid because it implies sluttery. But if it's makeup to look more artsy, then I'd say go for it. (But I'd like to see what you look like without makeup.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm...I usually wear no more than a little concealer and some powder...I don't have enough of an interest in fitting some image to put more work into it.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

GirlAmerica

A little moisturizer, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.
    Anything else and I feel like a clown.
    *I dont really care what a man thinks about my make-up/I wouldn't change it anyhow.

*I like this thread! : The Make-up Artist!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're not supposed to EAT it, silly.
    Precisely. That's why I would avoid putting it on edibles like cheeks and lips. Oh, and go light on the perfume...it can be bitter.