User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    (edit - though I think I'm intellectually two-timing you with Varelse lol)
    How did I miss that?

:goes off to see if I can get the stupid pic up:
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm a makeup artist and have recently wondered why some men really don't like their women to wear makeup. Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO? I am really trying to understand as my Husband loves it when I get dressed up, style my hair and do my makeup.
    I used to have this idyllic notion of: by applying makeup to oneself, it essentially covers up one's true beauty synthetically. Cute. Heh. I voted for natural, but have an inclination towards the natural/makeup if applied correctly. I honestly, for the longest time, could not notice makeup for the life of me (context: my girlfriend). Whether she applied it on or didn't, the details were rather minute to me. By the way, I wouldn't recommend saying that. She and I talked about it afterwards and I learned two things:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    And Niffer, some makeup is actually good for your skin. The new mineral stuff is a natural sun protectant. It also doesn't look like makeup.
    I appreciate it too-- but I appreciate my husband's attitude more
    She likes the natural mineral stuff and I found out that she likes to feel/look nice. How could I argue with that? I've become more perceptive to whether she applies some or not overtime, but either way, it boils down to this:

"you look beautiful to me without makeup, but it's not a character flaw if you like to wear it sometimes."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    I used to have this idyllic notion of: by applying makeup to oneself, it essentially covers up one's true beauty synthetically. Cute. Heh. I voted for natural, but have an inclination towards the natural/makeup if applied correctly. I honestly, for the longest time, could not notice makeup for the life of me (context: my girlfriend). Whether she applied it on or didn't, the details were rather minute to me. By the way, I wouldn't recommend saying that. She and I talked about it afterwards and I learned two things:

She likes the natural mineral stuff and I found out that she likes to feel/look nice. How could I argue with that? I've become more perceptive to whether she applies some or not overtime, but either way, it boils down to this:

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

I think makeup can be aesthetically beautiful and I appreciate that as artistic expression.

That said, it matters not to me if a woman wears it or not. It is part of her self-expression, and I am more interested in accepting that as it is than judging her for something she is not.

I voted Plain Jane because that choice reflects some aspect of my values.

My sweetie does not wear makeup, and I am happy that is so. I think she is lovely as she is, and yea, I may be biased. I value the experience of her natural being. Between us, it speaks to lack of artifice and greater intimacy, even if does not mean this for anyone else.

I like being able to touch and kiss her face without concern but for the touching and kissing. That also means that I feel, smell, and taste her as she is, and that is joyous pleasure to me. Makeup would take away from that.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    I like being able to touch and kiss her face without concern but for the touching and kissing. That also means that I feel, smell, and taste her as she is, and that is joyous pleasure to me. Makeup would take away from that.
    I knew someone who wore lots of make-up, and I used to enjoy smearing it and messing it all up in the process of... well, y'know, in the process. And I thought she kinda looked even hotter like that... haha...

(should this have gone in the secrets thread? )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

I knew someone who wore lots of make-up, and I used to enjoy smearing it and messing it all up in the process of... well, y'know, in the process. And I thought she kinda looked even hotter like that... haha...

No. It gave me a laugh and vaguely turned me on.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, that 's kinda sexy. Something for the husband and I to try this weekend. Thanks!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I've always said that if I ever win the lottery I will throw out my makeup. I only wear the bare minimium (mascara and lipstick) required to get by in the workplace. For more on the origins of my perspective, read "The Beauty Myth" by Naomi Wolf.

figsfiggyfigs

The best moments in life is when a man thinks a woman is not wearing makeup and is " naturally beautiful", when in reality, she has strategically applied a ton on. It's called "No-Makeup Makeup".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I like your post juxtaposed with your profile picture!