User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I think people are afraid that they'll be obliterated if they alter themselves.
    Or perhaps it could be that some people really are that dull lol

Well I dunno actually. I think it's more a fear that you're obliterating yourself when you make those changes. In actual fact, all you're obliterating is the 'you' that they've gotten used to. They erroneously think that what they're looking at right now is you, but it's not, it's just one part - the changes are you, they're what you're all about, not any one particular look. By making those changes you're being more you than ever, and if forced to stop making them, that would obliterate you.

btw, my younger sister had a mohawk too, and she's ENFJ Her and my other sister couldn't be more different - one super conservative and vanilla, the other... well, she's just different, that's all. Like me... and yet so not like me! LOL

edit - if you're a strong enough person, a person with real charisma, who can pack a punch (metaphorically), then the essence of who you are easily remains visible throughout any physical changes. It's a bit like I remember someone saying over at INTPc a while back about people's avatars - some are fused in readers' minds to their avatar, some don't match their avatar, whilst others have established a strong enough personality to still be 'them' through any avatar.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Or perhaps it could be that some people really are that dull lol
    hahahah, that would be sad, wouldn't it?!

Well I dunno actually. I think it's more a fear that you're obliterating yourself when you make those changes. In actual fact, all you're obliterating is the 'you' that they've gotten used to. They erroneously think that what they're looking at right now is you, but it's not, it's just one part - the changes are you, they're what you're all about, not any one particular look.
    I see what you mean. In a sense they could be frightened that YOU will no longer be you once the smoke clears. I guess that's a natural response, in many ways - especially those who aren't first-hand privy to the change in progress. It's not their moment of evolution and therefore may be terribly scary for them. That's very understandable. Being on the outside makes it hard to "trust the process".

By making those changes you're being more you than ever, and if forced to stop making them, that would obliterate you.
    Astutely and succinctly put. I'll take that with me today. Food for thought.

btw, my younger sister had a mohawk too, and she's ENFJ
    hahah, oh geez, we run in packs! lol! Glad to see I'm perhaps acting more on a collective ENFJ consciousness than I first thought.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Heh, see, that's my kinda gal

If I'd been him, I'd have encouraged you and said stuff like "Have you tried blue hair? I think it'd suit you, go on, give it a go!"

and that is what makes you an ENTP!!!!! They are like that. My entp is trying to get me to go red, trying to get me to just try it all and get attention, oh how he loves attention. Go big or go home is his motto, and he's a doer never a watcher never a fence rider it's all or nothing. He doesn't get me, I am slow to warm up a watcher ever cautious, yet once you're in I am a barrel of fun

~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    and that is what makes you an ENTP!!!!! They are like that. My entp is trying to get me to go red, trying to get me to just try it all and get attention, oh how he loves attention. Go big or go home is his motto, and he's a doer never a watcher never a fence rider it's all or nothing. He doesn't get me, I am slow to warm up a watcher ever cautious, yet once you're in I am a barrel of fun

Oh no, no, I'm not like that at all, not like your husband. Please don't paint all ENTP's with that brush!!! From what else you've told me about the guy he sounds as different to me as anything can be!

I would NEVER try to get someone to do that, for whom it wasn't them already.

I mean, I wouldn't TRY to 'get' someone to do anything, anyway, of that kind. When I might've said it to someone like PP, it would've been a suggestion, one tailored for who I know she is. I wouldn't have suggested it to you, if I could see it wasn't the kind of suggestion you'd appreciate or willingly take up.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post

Heehee. If someone told me to go big or go home I'd say "I can go home now?? Oh good! I'm in the middle of a book and I'm ready to get these shoes off."
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Heehee. If someone told me to go big or go home I'd say "I can go home now?? Oh good! I'm in the middle of a book and I'm ready to get these shoes off."
    Precisely.

Makeup: a little concealer is about as much as I ever use. And dying my hair bright colors does not appeal...my cousin said I should dye it black, though. That I could go for.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post

lol you rock cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    enfp

Oh no, no, I'm not like that at all, not like your husband. Please don't paint all ENTP's with that brush!!! From what else you've told me about the guy he sounds as different to me as anything can be!

I would NEVER try to get someone to do that, for whom it wasn't them already.

I mean, I wouldn't TRY to 'get' someone to do anything, anyway, of that kind. When I might've said it to someone like PP, it would've been a suggestion, one tailored for who I know she is. I wouldn't have suggested it to you, if I could see it wasn't the kind of suggestion you'd appreciate or willingly take up.

oops sorry

I suppose I should tell you that I was a bit different when he met me... more of an ESFJ I would say,, I was masking myself to protect myself. I think he really liked me as an esfj but as I have grown and accepted me more it's clear that I have been and always will be an enfp.............
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Why does targo's husband sound like a dyed-in-the-wool ESTP?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I prefer my women to have no unnatural physical additions. No makeup, hair dye, tattoos, piercings or other body modifications. Just tidy up and be done with it.

(and no, I do not like hairy sasquatch women)