User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 31112131415 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because in my mind, along with makeup and dressing up there is an association with being:
    - picky eaters
    - complaining about dirt on the ground
    - not wanting to hike/etc because of the sweat
    - being demanding in terms of other people's appearance

This said, I've had girlfriends that wore makeup all the time...and all of the above applied.

I'm kind of offended! I wear makeup and none of the above apply to me! (except picky eater- I can't really help that since some foods will kill me! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm kind of offended! I wear makeup and none of the above apply to me! (except picky eater- I can't really help that since some foods will kill me! )
    I also wear makeup, although not every day and even less frequently "full face," and none of those apply to me either. But I know the kind of babe he's talking about.

Camping is one of my favorite things- can't wait til the kids are old enough to carry a pack so we can do more than "unpack the van into a drive-up campsite" camping.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I thought the starting post implied make up in an evident way; a similar question to women/girls would be on the line of "Do you like bodybuilders?" - of course fit guys would be liked, but the question is more specific.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I thought the starting post implied make up in an evident way; a similar question to women/girls would be on the line of "Do you like bodybuilders?" - of course fit guys would be liked, but the question is more specific.
    I interpreted the OP as an expression of puzzlement about these d00ds who will abide no makeup whatsoever. The poll invites discussion about the grey areas, which are also condemned by the "nothing whatever" faction.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I don't think make-up per se can make a person look slutty or non-slutty. To me, sluttiness is a way of holding yourself, something in the aura so to speak, and there's a particular kind of style of make-up that gives that impression to me, it's not a question of how much or little.
    You are spot on there imo. When I was younger I was quite the club goer (lived on Miami Beach) and very theatrical at times (for me anyway ), but I have never been a slut or behaved in a slutty manner! I have always been a good girl, but I do like wearing makeup and making an effort where my appearance is concerned.

I feel happier when I have taken time with myself (no masturbatory remarks here!). Getting up in the morning, taking a shower/washing my hair, blow drying my hair straight, putting contact lenses in and applying makeup makes me feel happy I feel more confident and uplifted. I also want to add that I can do all of that in under an hour (45mins).

Does that make me a high maintenance person? To some I am sure it does. I wouldn't be happy married to a man that wasn't comfortable with my at times glamorous appearance so I suppose that is why I am not married to such a man.
    Because in my mind, along with makeup and dressing up there is an association with being:
    - picky eaters
    - complaining about dirt on the ground
    - not wanting to hike/etc because of the sweat
    - being demanding in terms of other people's appearance
    I love digging in the dirt and I love to sweat. Give me a high intensity workout where I can burn 800 in an hour any day and I'm there! I'm not much of a camper, although I am not opposed to the idea. I am never critical of outward appearances. Do what you like, like what you do.

I do not care much about clothing. I am a comfort girl. I am happy wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt, but can on occasion get dressed up. On a normal day as a stay at home Mom with three kids I am lucky if I have the opportunity or energy (that includes taking a shower from time to time) to put forth much effort into how I look, but I am still happy with who I am and I do clean up pretty well.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...Yeah that's what I mean by picky eaters...and also they don't drink etc etc...the "complaining about dirt on the ground" comment was related to how this girlfriend never wanted to cross a little piece of land that wasn't pavimented because she said her shoes would get dirty etc etc

If by makeup you mean just a little to cover the small defects, that's allright
    I'm not sure why people cannot understand there are more categories than "I'm a girl who toughs things out and dislike makeup" and "I like to wear makeup in itself and am a total priss."

There's at least a third category of fairly scrappy girls who also like makeup. (And for these, context is everything.)

Apparently the "makeup enjoyment" for this third category is not stemming from the same motivation as it does for the prissy, whiny girls who sometimes can't even handle walking too fast lest they start to sweat.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm not sure why people cannot understand there are more categories than "I'm a girl who toughs things out and dislike makeup" and "I like to wear makeup in itself and am a total priss."

There's at least a third category of fairly scrappy girls who also like makeup. (And for these, context is everything.)

Apparently the "makeup enjoyment" for this third category is not stemming from the same motivation as it does for the prissy, whiny girls who sometimes can't even handle walking too fast lest they start to sweat.
    It's okay. Just remember that when us males speak about girls that like to wear makeup, we're referring to the total priss category.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's okay. Just remember that when us males speak about girls that like to wear makeup, we're referring to the total priss category.
    FDG, have you read the thread? There are several guys in here whose comments have been about women who wear ANY makeup.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    FDG, have you read the thread? There are several guys in here whose comments have been about women who wear ANY makeup.
    I honestly doubt they'd recognize the light makeup you are thinking (and speaking) (and applying) about. Their comments seem to be related to finding psychological roots to applying make-up, which I believe to be utter bullshit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I honestly doubt they'd recognize the light makeup you are thinking (and speaking) (and applying) about. Their comments seem to be related to finding psychological roots to applying make-up, which I believe to be utter bullshit.
    Agreed!

(Some of the comments have seemed more well-meaning than others, though. I do agree especially with Magic Poriferan's remarks about having to put a mask on for The Man, but I don't think most makeup-wearing is about that.)