User Tag List

View Poll Results: I like my women

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Jane- No makeup whatsoever

12 16.90%
  • Natural- A little blush, gloss and mascara

27 38.03%
  • I like makeup as long as it's applied correctly and she doesn't look like Courtney Love

19 26.76%
  • The sluttier the better! I love Pammy Anderson!

3 4.23%
  • Other

10 14.08%
First 21011121314 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    The holy hesus pentecostal christian church of the holy penteostal jesus of the nazerene. (Some churches do apparently have names sort of like this.)

no seriously, if you were to ask them they too would deny a name. people have referred to them as the 2 by 2's or the church of no name, or the friendly group, but specifically they are a Christian group with no specific name.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Fascinating! There's a primitive baptist church not too far from here - it resembles an unpainted barn, and doesn't appear to have any windows. A lovely, simple looking building, I think.

What made you decide that the Primitive Baptist denomination was for you?
    Yep, most PB churches are very simple... no frills. Most in the membership are sweet and very down home and earthy -- I love them!

Well, I grew up in the Church of Christ, so the PBs are similar to the Church of Christ in many respects. I have, however, researched more about the doctrines, and I realized that my beliefs line up more with the PB's doctrinal belief.

Also, I met a wonderful man (INTP) who pastor's a sweet PB church in Georgia; he's really helped me so much with my Bible studies. I am going to marry him some day!

What state is this church in, LadyJaye? (by the way, we're nowhere near in the same warped belief field as that nasty Fred Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church. I have heard that he considers himself a PB, which is a joke. What he preaches is vile and disgusting.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    no seriously, if you were to ask them they too would deny a name. people have referred to them as the 2 by 2's or the church of no name, or the friendly group, but specifically they are a Christian group with no specific name.
    Interesting! I don't know of anything similar in my neck of the woods.
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Interesting! I don't know of anything similar in my neck of the woods.

I can assure you there is one there, I can assure you that you know people like this but just don't know it. The have their 'meetings' Wed eves and Sun mornings in peoples homes. They have gospel meetings sun eves, and then in the summer they have conventions.

here is a link for you to look at

The church with no name (a.k.a. cooneyites, two by twos, go preachers, tramp preachers, workers)
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I also attempted for a second to be a make-up artist and it's not that I like to look slutty all the time per sae, but rather I love playing with how I look. It's fun! I also gladly look like a fashion terrorist at times because frankly, it cracks me up and I get a kick out of it.
    I say it's up to the woman. My current wife goes light on the make-up. But my first wife was more into fashion and could use make-up to very good effect. And I've had some past girlfriends who layered it on pretty heavy.

People tend to dress up in the city. As long as the women know what they're doing, then lots of make-up and fashionable clothes can be fun. So I went with "The sluttier the better..."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm a makeup artist and have recently wondered why some men really don't like their women to wear makeup. Is it because they are insecure and don't want other men to notice their SO? I am really trying to understand as my Husband loves it when I get dressed up, style my hair and do my makeup.
    Because in my mind, along with makeup and dressing up there is an association with being:
    - picky eaters
    - complaining about dirt on the ground
    - not wanting to hike/etc because of the sweat
    - being demanding in terms of other people's appearance

This said, I've had girlfriends that wore makeup all the time...and all of the above applied.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because in my mind, along with makeup and dressing up there is an association with being:
    - picky eaters
    - complaining about dirt on the ground
    - not wanting to hike/etc because of the sweat
    - being demanding in terms of other people's appearance

This said, I've had girlfriends that wore makeup all the time...and all of the above applied.
    Dude, did you not read my caveat -- there is a small percentage of American women who consistently spend a lot of time, energy, and money on their appearance. And these women are High Maintenance.

(And for the record, I don't put a value judgement on being High Maintenance, good or bad, it's just another POV.)

Apparently you are a man who dates High Maintenance Women... I'm curious as to what 'kind of guy' you are. Do your male friends also date mostly High Maintenance women? Where do you meet these High Maintenance Women?

BTW, "complaining about dirt on the ground" haahhaahaha -- What?

And by 'picky eaters' do you mean they ate very little?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Dude, did you not read my caveat -- there is a small percentage of American women who consistently spend a lot of time, energy, and money on their appearance. And these women are High Maintenance.

(And for the record, I don't put a value judgement on being High Maintenance, good or bad, it's just another POV.)

Apparently you are a man who dates High Maintenance Women... I'm curious as to what 'kind of guy' you are. Do your male friends also date mostly High Maintenance women? Where do you meet these High Maintenance Women?

BTW, "complaining about dirt on the ground" haahhaahaha -- What?

And by 'picky eaters' do you mean they ate very little?
    Well, I have dated both HM and not, there's not a strict rule. I have dated first 2 not HM girls, then an HM, then again not...I don't really want to date another HM ever.

As for my friends, some have dated HM, some of my friends are even themselves HM, some others aren't and don't even date anybody, lol. The HM girlfriend I've had (I was with her for a year) I met at school; I don't really go places that are full of them, I don't have much in common with their perspectives on life. This one wasn't really into the culture and all, she was just HM in terms of appearance, so I was able to connect.

Yeah that's what I mean by picky eaters...and also they don't drink etc etc...the "complaining about dirt on the ground" comment was related to how this girlfriend never wanted to cross a little piece of land that wasn't pavimented because she said her shoes would get dirty etc etc

If by makeup you mean just a little to cover the small defects, that's allright

MBTI
    INFP

Default This is the first I have heard of these folks...

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I can assure you there is one there, I can assure you that you know people like this but just don't know it. The have their 'meetings' Wed eves and Sun mornings in peoples homes. They have gospel meetings sun eves, and then in the summer they have conventions.

here is a link for you to look at

The church with no name (a.k.a. cooneyites, two by twos, go preachers, tramp preachers, workers)
    I learned something new today - thanks, Targo!
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

MBTI
    ENTP

I reckon you've either got it or you haven't - charisma - and if you have, not wearing make-up won't take it away and it'll override any flaws in your appearance that make-up might otherwise cover.

If you haven't, then wearing make-up won't give you it.

HOWEVER, some people do 'have it', but they're shy and not confident that they do have it. In which case, putting on a bit of make-up might help to give them the confidence boost they need to let themselves out of their shells, so their charisma can really shine out. And then they're truly dazzling.

I don't think make-up per se can make a person look slutty or non-slutty. To me, sluttiness is a way of holding yourself, something in the aura so to speak, and there's a particular kind of style of make-up that gives that impression to me, it's not a question of how much or little.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen