User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Personally I think I have a much better version of the ignore function. Literal ignoring. Seems much more functional than any online ignore function to me. You can change it on a whim and it doesn't leave you clueless.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Don't you think we should be listening to the people we hate the most?

Then we don't learn anything, and we continue to live in the shadow of our own ego and ignorance.

No.

No, I dont think that. That's a very self-persecutory frame, sometimes its really not you, its the asshole who is behaving like an asshole without knowing it and expecting you to be their audience.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Don't you think we should be listening to the people we hate the most?

Then we don't learn anything, and we continue to live in the shadow of our own ego and ignorance.
    Nope, there's a difference between listening to those who have different opinions and views on life, and listening to those who are aggressive/insulting/undecipherable/have fit inducing avatars and so on. The first I totally support, the latter can be a waste of time (or cause a fit).

The ignore feature can help make the most of the time that you spend online.

I don't use it here, no one bugs me that much here but elsewhere I'm a big fan of using it not so I can just ignore and disregard people, you can easily click on the view post button, but so I know if I attempt to get into a debate with that person I am effectively bashing my head against a brick wall so to stop and ask myself 'is it worth it' before engaging them.

Frankly I wish more people who have problems with other posters here used it, can't respond to bait if you have the person who would flame you on ignore.

I did use the ignore button once but their name kept popping up and I couldn't read what they said. So I turned them back on again - I can't bear not to know what is being said.

And after a while you grow a thick skin - and after a while you realise they are just another vulnerable human being.

But look at it from the other side - I am regularly accused of being incomprehensible, so I presume some have me on Ignore.

But I write what I like and like what I write and if I tried to write so no one would ignore me, I'd go bonkers.

So dear reader, you have a choice - would you prefer me incomprehensible or bonkers?

But remember dear reader, you can't have me both incomprehensible and bonkers, you can only have one or the other.

You could ask which one appeals to you most, or which is the lesser of two evils.

Incomprehensible or bonkers?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I did use the ignore button once but their name kept popping up and I couldn't read what they said. So I turned them back on again - I can't bear not to know what is being said.

And after a while you grow a thick skin - and after a while you realise they are just another vulnerable human being.

But look at it from the other side - I am regularly accused of being incomprehensible, so I presume some have me on Ignore.

But I write what I like and like what I write and if I tried to write so no one would ignore me, I'd go bonkers.

So dear reader, you have a choice - would you prefer me incomprehensible or bonkers?

But remember dear reader, you can't have me both incomprehensible and bonkers, you can only have one or the other.

You could ask which one appeals to you most, or which is the lesser of two evils.

Incomprehensible or bonkers?
    Personally, I prefer incomprehensibly bonkers...

The best of both worlds...

Ginkgo

I don't use the ignore function. There is a seed in my heart for every person; and to ignore one would be to ignore a part of myself.

^The above has the cheesy consistency of fondue.

I see the world as a democracy in which every person should pour their inane ramblings into the same pot and... maybe, just maybe, they can cook up something universally sane. Or not.

However, if someone were to mail me a cowpaddy then I would surely ignore them. Only under these conditions though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^can I mail the cowpaddy COD?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post

^The above has the cheesy consistency of fondue.

I see the world as a democracy in which every person should pour their inane ramblings into the same pot and... maybe, just maybe, they can cook up something universally sane. Or not.
    Mmmm...fondue...

Inane ramblings would probably make the fondue go rancid quickly...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Nope, there's a difference between listening to those who have different opinions and views on life, and listening to those who are aggressive/insulting/undecipherable/have fit inducing avatars and so on. The first I totally support, the latter can be a waste of time (or cause a fit).

The ignore feature can help make the most of the time that you spend online.

I don't use it here, no one bugs me that much here but elsewhere I'm a big fan of using it not so I can just ignore and disregard people, you can easily click on the view post button, but so I know if I attempt to get into a debate with that person I am effectively bashing my head against a brick wall so to stop and ask myself 'is it worth it' before engaging them.

Frankly I wish more people who have problems with other posters here used it, can't respond to bait if you have the person who would flame you on ignore.
    Fair enough..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh gosh, i could never use the ignore function .. So there are some fucked up perceptions on here .. Oh well, that's life .. I just don't read your pathetic whiny posts ..

(I am joking or maybe i am not)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe