User Tag List

Thread: Favorite Characters and people from TV, Movies and Books

Senior Member Array TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    4w5 sx/sp

Default Favorite Characters and people from TV, Movies and Books

I've been away for a while (thats actually a good thing because it means for the most part I'm not constantly questioning myself and not over analyzing things too much most of the time now ), but today, I could not sleep (I think I had too much coffee) and the following idea was bouncing around in my mind, so I decided to give it a quick type up and post in the fluff zone (while I think it could lead to interesting observations I'm hoping the thread will stay mostly lighthearted and not be too serious).

This idea has some similarities to the top 10 fictional characters thread, but I did not want it limited to 10, nor to just fictional people (where do people playing an exaggerated version of themselves fit in to fiction / non-fiction anyway?).

This is just an idea I had to compile a list of some of my favorite characters from various TV shows and movies (I did not include books in my list, but I don't want to exclude them if others want to list those) and see if I saw any patterns emerge (I expected to see a strong representation of NFs and NTs).

This is by no means a comprehensive list, its just what is flowing into my mind as I write it and it is mostly current shows and a few classics. I don't really see any specific patters and I think a wide variety of types are represented, but what surprised me are the amount of ExTJs that are present (Te is the shadow process for INFPs, so perhaps that has something to do with the draw toward those types, or I might just be noting the few that show up more because I didn't expect them). Some of these I'm guessing at the spellings so they may be wrong...

While I did not make a big effot to type them as I listed them, I'm wondering if I have any ISFJs, ESFJs, or ENFJs on my list, so if you see a character or person in there that you think matches one of those types it might make me watch that show or person differently with that knowledge.

I thought it might be interesting to see other people lists as well (instead of piecing things together through inferences in other isolated threads, so please feel free to post your own lists with or without comments.

Walter Bishop
    Peter Bishop
    Phillip Broyles
    Nina Sharp

The Mentalist
    Patrick Jane
    Kimball Cho

Battlestar Galactica
    Gaius Baltar
    Saul Tigh
    Romo Lampkin

Lie To Me
    Cal Lightman

The Office
    Dwight Schrute

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Megan Reeves
    Larry Fleinhardt
    Charlie Eppes

Star Wars
    Obi Wan
    Han Solo
    Emperor/Senator Palpatine

Thank you for Smoking
    Nick Naylor

Misc Other:
    Dr. Horrible
    Jon Stewart
    Stephen Colbert
    Jonathan Hodgeman
    Aasif Mandvi
    John Oliver
    Conan O'Brien
    Pierre Bernard
    Max Weinberg
    Joel Godard
    Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Jamie Hyneman
    Grant Imahara
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

F CK all I need is U Array ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    7w8 sx/so

Randy Marsh

Give a loner a gun.