Thread: R _ _ G

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What about divorce? That should go into the same boat as marriage, because statistically speaking, it is bound to happen. Divorce is a part of marriage just as death is a part of life. And those lawyers are extremely expensive.
    You know, even if you are joking around, it would be nice if you'd actually get your facts straight.

Example: Even the worst statistic is that the divorce rate (i.e., people who get divorced in one year) is 50% of the marriage rate (i.e., people who marry within the same year). And so even that horrendous rate is still only 50% and thus nowhere close to "bound to happen."

If you're going to be sardonic, you have to at least have a clue!

ps...exquisite potato of pinkness??? What the....?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You know, even if you are joking around, it would be nice if you'd actually get your facts straight.

Example: Even the worst statistic is that the divorce rate (i.e., people who get divorced in one year) is 50% of the marriage rate (i.e., people who marry within the same year). And so even that horrendous rate is still only 50% and thus nowhere close to "bound to happen."

If you're going to be sardonic, you have to at least have a clue!
    Divorce rate: 50 percent, and rising.

Next year, it will be 60 percent, then 70, then 80, then 90, then 100.

Oh yes, it certainly is bound to happen. These ain't the Good Ol' Days anymore!

MBTI
    ISTP

You're going to die from suicide, methinks. It seems your future wife is already controlling you!
    Eh, sometimes I get to define reality... sometimes it defines me. I'll share my island with her... it's better than hearing the waves alone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Eh, sometimes I get to define reality... sometimes it defines me. I'll share my island with her... it's better than hearing the waves alone.
    But hearing the waves alone may tone out the yapping in the background...most likely caused by the missus.

And why define reality when you can control it?

MBTI
    ISTP

And why define reality when you can control it?
    I didn't know there was a difference. But really, being alone reduces my ability to cope with the world... It's true that I can't let go of "control" (my version of reading the future), even with Non, but it's my nature. I need balance... someone to push me, someone to nag me. It's my weakest spot, except perhaps the whole F-ish friendship/emotional support bits. Control is an illusion - influence is not. And her influence raises my bar in every regard...

Anyway [/derail].

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Divorce rate: 50 percent, and rising. Next year, it will be 60 percent, then 70, then 80, then 90, then 100.
    Why stop there? Keep going to 110%! (It's bound to happen!)

*scratch head* wait, does 110% mean divorces start going down? I'm confused
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Divorce rate: 50 percent, and rising.

Next year, it will be 60 percent, then 70, then 80, then 90, then 100.

Oh yes, it certainly is bound to happen. These ain't the Good Ol' Days anymore!
    BZZT wrong! The "divorce rate" for all marriages is not now, nor has it ever been, 50%. The 50% statistic is the annual marriage rate compared to the annual divorce rate, so it's not the same people. Best estimate on the actual rate of divorce for all marriages has never exceeded about 40%, and has actually dropped since the 70s.

Divorce Rate: It's Not as High as You Think
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Damn NTs... gotta debate something!

Congratulations.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Responding to the post was quite counterproductive, given that it was simply a poorly done troll post.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Responding to the post was quite counterproductive, given that it was simply a poorly done troll post.
    Will you stop being a [edited]? I'm joking.

Can't we just have fun? It's the fucking Fluff Zone, for Christ sake.
    Last edited by Ivy; 11-09-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: insult