User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: bar experiences

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh no! that would be reason to feel slightly paranoid while out!

yeah- a drinking session of people on this thread could only lead to trouble and fun! (I'd lend to the group as the person most likely to throw a punch if drunk and offended )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oh no! that would be reason to feel slightly paranoid while out!
    Yeah, I love being a guy...

yeah- a drinking session of people on this thread could only lead to trouble and fun! (I'd lend to the group as the person most likely to throw a punch if drunk and offended )
    Depending on the atmosphere I can be either extremely goofy or extremely straight. I have enough percieved control over myself when drunk that after 6 drinks I can still do calculus...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

calculus would be a bit difficult (ok- I've taken calculus, but I'm not so sure I could get the right answer while sober! ) Briefing court cases drunk is something I have done though (a lot of spelling errors, but that's kind of normal!)

you'd have to calculate the tip! (otherwise I'd end up leaving a $40 tip on $40 of drinks )

Oberon

I've always hated the meat-market atmosphere of bars, and aside from some brief stops while with others haven't been in one since college.

A bar is a lousy place to make friends, or even chat with sociable strangers. Everybody's either on guard or on a mission. Screw it...those kinds of people don't deserve to know me anyhow.

I've been married now for going on two decades; hooking up isn't on the table. Nobody wants to talk if there's no hooking up to be done, and the music's probably too loud anyhow. So what's left, except to drink? I can do that at home.

I do have one memorable story from college, which justifies my presence in the thread. I was in a beer-and-darts bar and it was pretty crowded, and as I was working my way over to a darts lane I bumped up against a pretty redhead.

"What are you drinking?" I asked, noting her full draft mug (the place was known for its interesting variety of draft beers). She told me.

"What are you drinking?" she asked, noting my full draft mug. I told her.

"Trade sips?" I proposed.

"All right."

As I handed her beer back to her, I remarked "It tastes like you."

"You don't know what I taste like!" she responded, smiling.

I looked at my watch. "It's early yet," I told her.

Which, I suppose, makes me much like one of the creepy guys noted earlier in the thread. But in any case I was 21 and looked good, and otherwise clean, pleasant, and polite, and the remark was well-received.

And though we parted on pleasant terms...no, I never did find out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

calculus would be a bit difficult (ok- I've taken calculus, but I'm not so sure I could get the right answer while sober! ) Briefing court cases drunk is something I have done though (a lot of spelling errors, but that's kind of normal!)
    I actually find that after 2 my concentration is perfect for calc; dumbed down enough to focus on the task, sober enough to still work the numbers. I'm actually one of those people at risk for becoming an alcoholic because of how well that 1 or 2 drinks helps with my focus (never mind my social skills.............).

you'd have to calculate the tip! (otherwise I'd end up leaving a $40 tip on $40 of drinks )
    I pay (& tip) as I drink so the ammounts never go over what I get back in change. It's cheating, but apparently I'm being fair so I keep doing it

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why not just order a keg of beer, bottle of liquor, etc. and drink it at home? It sounds a lot cheaper.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why not just order a keg of beer, bottle of liquor, etc. and drink it at home? It sounds a lot cheaper.
    ah- true- but if I drink at home I'll be an alcoholic!

I gave up the drinking while doing homework game a while back after realizing that it improved my concentration (which terrified me slightly!)- you know the game where you drink every time that a commonly occurring element shows up in your work (drink everytime they say the word judge in a book on the history of the Supreme Court!).

And no Oberon, you're not creepy- she started that thread of thought!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ah- true- but if I drink at home I'll be an alcoholic!

I gave up the drinking while doing homework game a while back after realizing that it improved my concentration (which terrified me slightly!)- you know the game where you drink every time that a commonly occurring element shows up in your work (drink everytime they say the word judge in a book on the history of the Supreme Court!).

And no Oberon, you're not creepy- she started that thread of thought!
    "Alcohol: the cause of -- and solution to -- all of life's problems." --Homer Simpson

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah- but have you seen how much a keg costs?

Actually, bars are expensive too- I tend to pre-game in order not to go broke!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, I don't play drinking games, I just sit back and sip till it's gone then get another,

And I do drink at home, but I hate sitting at home all the time

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]