User Tag List

First 5131415

Thread: bar experiences

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was at the grociery in the middle of the afternoon! and to make it worse I'd just given them bus fare since it was raining out! I guess that goes to prove that no good deed goes unpunished or something!

I really haven't figured out yet how I manage to look like a prostitute to people or anything- I still get carded to watch rated R movies... (ugh- gross thought crosses my mind linking those two!)

I guess that most people need a "BEWARE OF THE HUMAN" sign stapled on their chests!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I was at the grociery in the middle of the afternoon! and to make it worse I'd just given them bus fare since it was raining out! I guess that goes to prove that no good deed goes unpunished or something!

I really haven't figured out yet how I manage to look like a prostitute to people or anything- I still get carded to watch rated R movies... (ugh- gross thought crosses my mind linking those two!)

I guess that most people need a "BEWARE OF THE HUMAN" sign stapled on their chests!

Hey, you don't have to look or act even remotely slutty to attract pervos. I once had a table full of guys lean out into an aisle waving dollar bills and credit cards at me, and I was just off work, wearing shapeless grease-smeared flight-suit coveralls. Made me furious at first and then later, made me feel like dirt.

And you gave them bus fare. Good karma points for you!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I wonder what would happen if I went to a bar with a ring on the appropreate finger... I should do that as an experiment over a 4 month period just to see what changes in how I am treated it could invoke.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I agree with Pink Piranha -- it's not you! Nothing is wrong with anything you are doing, wearing, or acting, it's other people.

Sometimes you are in the right place at the wrong time. Usually it's just a power dynamic/public space kinda thing and guys can be clueless and way too too forward.

My friend who is NOT girly and I think looks pretty queer was walking home wearing her usual dressed down loose baggy clothes. Some guy in a car kept blocking her path trying to proposition her! She was like, uh, that block is way over there. Even when she explained that she was NOT a prostitute, he kept bugging her.

Another friend of mine who also routinely dresses down in vintage tees and cut off jeans was waiting at the bus stop and some guy circled the block of few times and kept on asking her if she "wanted a ride". He told her he could buy her things. *shakes head*

When I was in NYC I caught a cab in Time's Square after midnite (this is before Giulani cleaned it up and it was very sleazy with cheap XXX peep shows and strip clubs) I was wearing sneakers, loose jeans, a tank top, but it was coverd with a button up t-shirt I left open. I think I also wearing a chain choker and I had a crewcut... And yet, the cab driver asked me in a very excited tone if I were a "dancer" (yes, that kind of dancer). And later the owner of the corner market propositioned me through my roommate, who was apparently my pimp.

???

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wow- it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who's hunted down by freaks!

I've tried wearing my aunt's wedding ring on the appropriate finger at work once- it actually had no effect This was the day I'd forgotten that I had to be there and arrived barely on time in my street clothes (which unfortunatly included a low cut tank top) and was asked for things under the counter all night by dirty old men!

and I'm kind of insulted now! I've never had a credit card waved at me!