User Tag List

Page 909 of 6766 FirstFirst ... 409809859899907908909910911919959100914091909 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 67660

Thread: Random Thought Thread

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

How come I relate the most to an INTJ composer's work more than the stuff that INFJ songwriters do? It's like the music is on the same wavelength as me. Some people say that it lacks emotion, but I can pick up the emotional undercurrent in the music. I like it because I have to search for the hidden emotions behind it, there's an element of mystery and it connects with my brain, and my soul. The lyrics are written out thoughtfully, symbolically. One would think that an INFJ would link up with an INFJ's work... but I link up with an INTJ's work. Great music and songwriting extends beyond linking up with like-minded individuals though, it has the ability to link up with all types of people.... it's a universal language.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I can appreciate most sorts of music...pretty much any, really- but I enjoy 'stoner music' the most by far.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

My niece and nephew brought home yet another URI!

I'm dusting off the humidifier and nebulizer now....*sigh*

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Yeah, the air is very dry. It's been doing a number to my skin... been using lotion religiously every night.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

The new wilkinsons sword razor is amazing!

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    The MG-42 is the best weapon of choice, in my opinion. If I had to fight on a battlefield, this is the one I'd want to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wish I knew of some decent websites...
    Likewise firearms, cant find a decent or interesting firearms site for the uninformed interested reader, its mainly real industry insider stuff or the seriously informed fan boys sites. Havent even bothered trying to search for more cutting edge material on body armours or kit like that.
    In this vein I'll agree with Lark finding real firearm data is tough. You really have to sift through A LOT of fan boy craziness to find some serious reviews and information pertaining to what I'm looking for (which is practical firearm information for a guy interested in defense and reliability). I think he's looking for military stuff, but similar issue.

I don't plan on fighting on a battlefield, but I'm interested in the Kel Tec Sub 2000 because it is:
    - compact and light. it folds. can fit in a small bag or in a small safe.
    - accepts handgun clips. this is practical for someone who wants a short distance carbine and a pistol because they can use the same clips/ammo. top choices would be glock 17/19 or s&w. you can buy 30 round clips for glock, which may be good for target practice. IRL I don't plan on firing 30 shots (if any), but if the situation arose I might be happy I didn't have to reload, too.

otherwise standard 15 round clips are fine.
    - practical for what I'd actually be using it for in a range less than 75 yards
    - easier to use than a pistol in a stressful situation without sacrificing maneuverability
    - loaded with the right ammo there is minimized risk of overpenetration

Of course, I might just buy a taser, which would be a better choice for the occasional crazy people I have to deal with and is better from a legal/ethical standpoint.

Wow that was a lot more writing than intended.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

HK 417.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Isn't she a stunner?

Ginkgo

^ Technically, yes.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

I couldn't find pliers, but I still have scissors! Yay!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge