How come I relate the most to an INTJ composer's work more than the stuff that INFJ songwriters do? It's like the music is on the same wavelength as me. Some people say that it lacks emotion, but I can pick up the emotional undercurrent in the music. I like it because I have to search for the hidden emotions behind it, there's an element of mystery and it connects with my brain, and my soul. The lyrics are written out thoughtfully, symbolically. One would think that an INFJ would link up with an INFJ's work... but I link up with an INTJ's work. Great music and songwriting extends beyond linking up with like-minded individuals though, it has the ability to link up with all types of people.... it's a universal language.
Thread: Random Thought Thread
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM #9081
12-18-2010, 05:23 PM #9082
I can appreciate most sorts of music...pretty much any, really- but I enjoy 'stoner music' the most by far.
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM #9083
My niece and nephew brought home yet another URI!
I'm dusting off the humidifier and nebulizer now....*sigh*
12-18-2010, 07:35 PM #9084
12-18-2010, 08:10 PM #9085
The new wilkinsons sword razor is amazing!It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire
A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon
12-18-2010, 08:12 PM #9086
I don't plan on fighting on a battlefield, but I'm interested in the Kel Tec Sub 2000 because it is:
- compact and light. it folds. can fit in a small bag or in a small safe.
- accepts handgun clips. this is practical for someone who wants a short distance carbine and a pistol because they can use the same clips/ammo. top choices would be glock 17/19 or s&w. you can buy 30 round clips for glock, which may be good for target practice. IRL I don't plan on firing 30 shots (if any), but if the situation arose I might be happy I didn't have to reload, too.
otherwise standard 15 round clips are fine.
- practical for what I'd actually be using it for in a range less than 75 yards
- easier to use than a pistol in a stressful situation without sacrificing maneuverability
- loaded with the right ammo there is minimized risk of overpenetration
Of course, I might just buy a taser, which would be a better choice for the occasional crazy people I have to deal with and is better from a legal/ethical standpoint.
Wow that was a lot more writing than intended.Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.
12-18-2010, 08:22 PM #9087
HK 417.Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
- Edmund Burke
12-18-2010, 08:22 PM #9088
12-18-2010, 08:24 PM #9089GinkgoGuest
^ Technically, yes.
12-18-2010, 08:27 PM #9090
I couldn't find pliers, but I still have scissors! Yay!-Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge