User Tag List

Page 90 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 408088899091921001401905901090 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thought Thread

sammy

Lohengrin: ISTP men or women?

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Word of mouth.

Loyalty is for the slave class. The only loyalty is to your network and your personal brand.

Who would you rather hire?

Person A: graduated from college and worked for same company, working their way up through a few positions.

Person B: graduated from college and worked for many different companies in more senior positions each time, yet a consistent theme of interest has been present in each position.

Person A, to me, is boring. They're a lifer. A clock watcher. Someone who brings their lunch every day and talks with their wife about what they should ask for in their annual review. Who wants that? Not the kind of people I want to work with.
    Good point. Clock watcher is obnoxious in a dynamic environment, but really good for keeping the rest of the dynamos on track, you gotta admit.

Do you have a secretary?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Good point. Clock watcher is obnoxious in a dynamic environment, but really good for keeping the rest of the dynamos on track, you gotta admit.

Do you have a secretary?
    No. I need to do something like that.

My friend (he is a freelance programmer (INTP)) and I were joking that we need to get one to help us stay organized. It is the single biggest problem I have. I have lost a fair amount of business just from being incapable of planning things and sticking to schedules.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

sammy

No. I need to do something like that.

My friend (he is a freelance programmer (INTP)) and I were joking that we need to get one to help us stay organized. It is the single biggest problem I have. I have lost a fair amount of business just from being incapable of planning things and sticking to schedules.
    Haha, yeah... I will definitely need one, too. If you don't have a traditional office environment, it would be difficult to hire a secretary?

Dali

Granted, my experience is limited, but they're very aloof in a particular sort of way.
    Ah, I get what you mean. You might find it easier to get to understand one if you were involved in a task or activity with them. They light up, in their own idiosyncratic way, when their arms are busy working something. They can be awesome.

Aramis, you choose.

MBTI
    ENTP

Haha, yeah... I will definitely need one, too. If you don't have a traditional office environment, it would be difficult to hire a secretary?
    Yeah. I've tried hiring a virtual assistant before, but it's never worked out. It makes me wish I had kids when I was about 15 because by now they'd be old enough to help me out.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Ah, I get what you mean. You might find it easier to get to understand one if you were involved in a task or activity with them. They light up, in their own idiosyncratic way, when their arms are busy working something. They can be awesome.
    That's good advice, Lohengrin. I wish I knew more of them.

Dali

Must. Drag. Myself. Away.

These reports are not going to audit themselves.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Must. Drag. Myself. Away.

These reports are not going to audit themselves.
    Disconnect your ethernet cord, or if you're using wireless close the connection. That's the only way I force myself to do boring but necessary things.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

sammy

Hmm, so true. ISTPs are an enigma for me, as well though.
    Aramis, you choose.
    I'm undecided

Synarch: Adopt a teen! They need rescue from the monotony of regular office environments. You could be like their cool absent-minded uncle

MBTI
    ENTP

Synarch: Adopt a teen! They need rescue from the monotony of regular office environments. You could be like their cool absent-minded uncle
    I tried to hire my cousin to help me with some stuff. He's 21. But, he is just so so air-headed. I thought all the kids these days were supposed to be geniuses with anything computer related, but I had to show him how to do so much stuff it was ridiculous.