User Tag List

Page 88 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990981381885881088 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thought Thread

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Ah, yes, academia seems a bit more flexible. I shouldn't diss the public sector, though. They typically earn 50% more (when you factor benefits, etc.) than the private sector. And, it's one of the few sectors where employment is increasing.

Pakistani.
    Yeah, that's one of the biggest draws to public sector IMHO: benefits, stability of the position, etc.

Do you work in the private sector?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the biggest draws to public sector IMHO: benefits, stability of the position, etc.

Do you work in the private sector?
    I freelance full-time as a marketing consultant. You would think I would have better things to do with my time than to be here, but I am a bit understimulated socially. And, I get bored just hanging out with a lot of the same people. I find that posting here is social yet I can vibe off many different people at once, which I find appealing.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Dali

Why?
    How come?
    How?
    Seriously?
    In what way...?
    Do you think...?
    I thought ___, so you mean...?
    I didn't realize ___, so you think ___ because of ___?
    Haha! Oh really? You really think ___?
    I don't believe you! Tell me again...?

*keels over*

sammy

I freelance full-time as a marketing consultant. You would think I would have better things to do with my time than to be here, but I am a bit understimulated socially. And, I get bored just hanging out with a lot of the same people. I find that posting here is social yet I can vibe off many different people at once, which I find appealing.
    Hey! That's my goal: becoming a consultant. Way to be stereotypically ENTP :P

I hear you on being understimulated socially. The forum is a great place for our random sociability, without bouncing literally from person to person or convo from convo (and not being viewed as "flaky" for it). My RL friends are starting to sense I'm bored with their conversation topics, especially when they refuse to budge from their typical line of thought. I could tell you were by your revival of that argument thread. Cool idea.

blah blah blah, blahing blahness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey! That's my goal: becoming a consultant. Way to be stereotypically ENTP :P

I hear you on being understimulated socially. The forum is a great place for our random sociability, without bouncing literally from person to person or convo from convo (and not being viewed as "flaky" for it). My RL friends are starting to sense I'm bored with their conversation topics, especially when they refuse to budge from their typical line of thought. I could tell you were by your revival of that argument thread. Cool idea.
    It's apparently the only way to not have a boss and to not work in a soul-crushing corporate atmosphere. I worked for a long time in various businesses and never got anywhere. I was constantly passed over for promotions because I was never one of those people who knew my place or learned to go along with something I didn't agree with. It wasn't until I really started job hopping that I found my niche. I think job hopping is actually the best possible thing you can do since it allows you to experience different worlds and every time I changed jobs I would get an increase in salary. I have met many people by working in a lot of different industries. And, I have been able to find what I do best, which is working with people.

Job-hopping is frowned upon but it's more reliable than waiting for someone to recognize your talents and promote you. It's a bit like getting married to someone who takes you for granted and working hard to make them appreciate you. Just marry someone else who does appreciate you.

I'm also super lazy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    blah blah blah, blahing blahness.
    Blah, blahing blah blah blah? Blahly blah.

Dali

Fun fact: 3 of the last 6 posters on this thread were ISFP and the other 3 were, our supposed duals, ENTP.

sammy

It's apparently the only way to not have a boss and to not work in a soul-crushing corporate atmosphere. I worked for a long time in various businesses and never got anywhere. I was constantly passed over for promotions because I was never one of those people who knew my place or learned to go along with something I didn't agree with. It wasn't until I really started job hopping that I found my niche. I think job hopping is actually the best possible thing you can do since it allows you to experience different worlds and every time I changed jobs I would get an increase in salary. I have met many people by working in a lot of different industries. And, I have been able to find what I do best, which is working with people.

Job-hopping is frowned upon but it's more reliable than waiting for someone to recognize your talents and promote you. It's a bit like getting married to someone who takes you for granted and working hard to make them appreciate you. Just marry someone else who does appreciate you.

I'm also super lazy.
    Did you build your own business by word of mouth, or are you promoting yourself in some "tangible" way through ads, etc? (ha! market yourself)

I did worry a bit about the possibility of job-hopping in my future because of the whole "loyalty" issue, but I can see how it benefits a person, as well. Especially, if you know your own worth.

to laziness yielding career-success.

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Fun fact: 3 of the last 6 posters on this thread were ISFP and the other 3 were, our supposed duals, ENTP.
    It was bound to happen... magnetic forcefield?