User Tag List

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It's not my fault he's a 52 year old hippie who still lives with his parents and acts like a starry-eyed 18 year old who wants to change the world. Who encourages his students to be free thinkers, while simultaneously forcing his own beliefs about life and politics upon them.
    You can't "force" belief. Belief necessarily comes through autonomous choice. There is also an astronomical difference between telling one how to think and what to think. If you want my opinion, not enough people have been trained in the art of thinking for themselves. It's really the only training a person needs; everything else falls into place afterward, seeing as human affairs strongly correspond with human thought.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I can't understand why my classmates hate Jean Baudrillard.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

persona 4 makes me happy...it's so cheery isn't it? like a hammock on a spring day...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Why do they put the movies on at the small hours of the morning, damnit, I'll be knackered tommorrow and shouldnt have slept this morning. Need to try and sleep now.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    persona 4 makes me happy...it's so cheery isn't it? like a hammock on a spring day...
    Oh shit I loved that game... I think it took me 60 hours the first play through, sadly it was spoilered to hell before I got to the end so I knew exactly how to get the true ending... You're talking about the forum skin aren't you?

AHHH! My roommate’s fiancée is sooo fabulous, and kind, and she explains things really well.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Ugh... Too much food yesterday.... I'm miserable today... And now have no idea if I've got morning sickness or just "I was a fat ass and ate way too much yesterday" sickness....

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    You can't "force" belief. Belief necessarily comes through autonomous choice. There is also an astronomical difference between telling one how to think and what to think. If you want my opinion, not enough people have been trained in the art of thinking for themselves. It's really the only training a person needs; everything else falls into place afterward, seeing as human affairs strongly correspond with human thought.
    "Force" is probably the wrong word, but it was more for the purposes of being succinct.

I just find it really odd that he makes such a big deal out of thinking for yourselves... And then starts telling us what we should/shouldnt do. For example, somehow a conversation about the military was sparked one day, and he WENT OFF on this off-topic rant about how any of us who haven't served in the military should feel ashamed about it. And that he finds it absurd that there are so many Americans who don't serve and don't seem to experience any shame about that. He went off on that subject for about 10 minutes, talking about how disgusting it is. He wrapped it up by saying that any of us sitting in the classroom who didn't serve should enlist after we graduate, otherwise we're really shitty excuses for Americans.

Sorry, but thats bullshit. He plays it off like he wants everyone to break away from the established norm and be free thinkers, but what he's really saying is "You should all think like me."
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    "Force" is probably the wrong word, but it was more for the purposes of being succinct.

I just find it really odd that he makes such a big deal out of thinking for yourselves... And then starts telling us what we should/shouldnt do. For example, somehow a conversation about the military was sparked one day, and he WENT OFF on this off-topic rant about how any of us who haven't served in the military should feel ashamed about it. And that he finds it absurd that there are so many Americans who don't serve and don't seem to experience any shame about that. He went off on that subject for about 10 minutes, talking about how disgusting it is. He wrapped it up by saying that any of us sitting in the classroom who didn't serve should enlist after we graduate, otherwise we're really shitty excuses for Americans.

Sorry, but thats bullshit. He plays it off like he wants everyone to break away from the established norm and be free thinkers, but what he's really saying is "You should all think like me."
    Well that's ridiculous, because not everyone is cut out for the military. Some people would be more of a hindrance than productive. Not to mention, not everyone can make it in. My fiance's brother was turned away for his health. You wouldn't know he had health problems from looking at him, but he has diabetes and thyroid problems. Because of that the military turned him away.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that dude just wants everyone to think like him.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Oh shit I loved that game... I think it took me 60 hours the first play through, sadly it was spoilered to hell before I got to the end so I knew exactly how to get the true ending... You're talking about the forum skin aren't you?
    haha! um..yeah i am. is it a game? does it remind you of a spring day? haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison