User Tag List

Page 725 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 22562567571572372472572672773577582512251725 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 67739

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I should wash my cups more often.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why do healthy people get cancer and die, while people who treat their bodies like crap seem to live forever?

What a crock.
    You already know this, but genetics matters. So does early environment, when we have less control (what we ate, how many sunburns, etc). We've also recently found amazing levels of vitamin D deficiency in the US adult population, which is directly linked to higher cancer rates.
    However, a surprising and newer finding is that long-term stress is a huge factor, particularly in autoimmune diseases and cancers. There is a positive correlation between being a certain personality (people pleasing, self-denying, well-always-say-yes types) and getting e.g., ALS and some cancers.

Basically, there's a lot we don't understand about the body's own regulation of cancerous cells, and the subsequent proliferation when that system is disrupted.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Pretty much every guy around me is a fucking tool, or just incredibly dense and ignorant...nothing I'd fine worthy of going on a first date with.

Maybe I'm the undateable one, with the apparently ridiculously high standards everyone thinks I have...sorry I don't want to settle, people.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Meh...Everyone KNOWS I have high standards.

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Wishing that the NaNoWriMo forums had an ignore feature. There's one person in my local group who makes me :rolli:
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Banned Array
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Walked along Ventura Blvd in LA today. I swear every other guy in his late 40s looks like Michael McDonald.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    IT

One last time.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The internet truly is awesome and has to rank as mankind's greatest advancement.
    The world's Library at your finger tips. If you think about it.. really think about it
    We are by far the most blessed generation in history.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I really don't get what's so extraordinary about my appearance that two kids have to stand there smiling and whispering about me while I try to check out at the grocery store. Whatever it is, it must be very extraordinary, because they had to tell their grandmother about it, too, and get her in on the game of looking at me and smiling. One thing is certain: not a scrap of fabric or a strand of hair were out of place on me. All I can think is that it's the same old business of people being confused over my gender, even though there are countless men out there who are far more feminine-looking and yet still clearly men.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Maybe you bear resemblance to a celebrity and the kids were pointing that out to gram gram.