User Tag List

Page 723 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 22362367371372172272372472573377382312231723 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 67834

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Strangely I would of said this last year too.
    Currently its like what the bleep do we know anyway.
    Would you expand on this premise, where did the imagination as a child stop and the disinterest as an adult start?
    The imagination as a child stops when you are confronted with reality and the disinterest as an adult starts when you are confronted with reality as well.

Imagination is boundless, it's abstract, it needs no grounding whatsoever. Imagination conceives of things like perfection, things like meaning. But meaning is in the eye of the beholder. It comes from within. And reality is what lies outside. When you start seeing thins as they are, stripped off of preconception and undistorted by your projections you realize there is no inherent meaning to anything. And maybe your ability to create your meaning, is hindered by the things you go through in life, the inconsistencies.

I now understand my unwillingness to bend to reality, to contradict it. Reality is void of all the things that really matter in life. The things that really matter in life are all in our head. Friendship, freedom....they are all mindstates.

I'm reminded of the movie Memento, and why it still remains one of my favorites. "Do you lie to yourself to be happy?". You either choose to see meaning where you please, or you're forced to face the fact that there is no inherent meaning to anything and become hollow. The truth can only set us free of our own delusions. But if we aren't deluded we are little more than robots fighting for things like survival.

I don't know. I don't really see imagination and reality that much in conflict...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It's hibernating season...I just want to sleep this winter, like I did last winter (with the help of percocet)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't know. I don't really see imagination and reality that much in conflict...
    Maybe it's because you're an SP? I can tell you that as an NP my imagination is completely boundless....it's often completely unrealistic, not based on reality.

But what I meant, at a more fundamental level is that, at the end of the day, it's a thought that originated within you VS things that happen outside of you. There is always an element of bias and something that goes through your mind will always just be a thought...and not an actual event.

I guess am thinking more of creativity... which is a combination of imagination and reality. Seeing what exists in new ways, innovative solutions to problems, considering things as no one else has before.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Sure. But yeah, what I'm talking about is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Sure. But yeah, what I'm talking about is different.
    Yes. I see.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I want some pepperoni pizza so very, very bad. With a couple of bottles of hard apple cider.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Last night's dream reminded me of Inception, where a real life impossible relationship morphed into a lasting, positive relationship. The sadness and longing felt when I woke up reminded me of the vibe from Cobb.

Impossible "what could have beens if only", have got to be the worst.

I am sorely tempted to blatantly invite my first infraction and go off on someone who richly deserves it. It would be so satisfying.

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari