User Tag List

Page 722 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 22262267271272072172272372473277282212221722 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, acting like you honestly believe you're doing good while doing an obviously bad thing won't fool anyone that matters.
    except the constituency. but I guess the constituency doesn't really matter.

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Aw piss. I guess I was wrong. Doesn't stop me from wanting to cuddle up and maybe cry a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

This hot chocolate is to die for.....

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is a thank you email I just sent to a prof. I had while I was still in Law School. He went to Harvard and majored in Political Science for his undergrad, and went to Duke for Law School.

Hey professor Priester! I just wanted you to know that I got the internship with Congressman Crenshaw. I decided to begin volunteering at the (gasp) Republican Party of Florida HQ. I would love to grab a drink with you sometime to tell you more about it. I'm moving to DC in January and never been this excited about anything! I can honestly tell you that if it wasn't for all the guidance you gave me during Law School, as well as the kindness you showed and the personal attention, I don't think I would have ever had the guts to pursue my dreams. You have been and continue to be one of the most influential people in my life. I'm proud that I can call you my friend. You showed what it was to stand up for your own political ideals, yet simultaneously be willing to understand the other side of the argument. You are one of, if not, the most intelligent person I know, but more than that you are a good man. I looked forward to nothing more than the talks we had together while I was still at FCSL. No matter what I write here it will be inadequate thanks, for all that you have done for me. In lieu of that, I hope I can stay in touch with you, because the gift of friendship that you have given me has been the greatest gift of all.

Sincerely,
    Claude Knight Slater III
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFJ

Life isn't as interesting as I imagined it was as a kid.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I can identify with that too.

It's much more mundane at times than I had ever realize.
    Not that that is a bad thing, but... well, there it is.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeesh... I drink NOS and I wind up getting sleepy. WTF?
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Strangely I would of said this last year too.
    Currently its like what the bleep do we know anyway.
    Would you expand on this premise, where did the imagination as a child stop and the disinterest as an adult start?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This is a thank you email I just sent to a prof. I had while I was still in Law School. He went to Harvard and majored in Political Science for his undergrad, and went to Duke for Law School.
    Do you expect Professor Priester to appreciate such a smarmy mail?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

New High of 46% of Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana - http://www.gallup.com/poll/144086/Ne...Marijuana.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- While California's marijuana ballot initiative is garnering a lot of attention this election cycle, Gallup finds that nationally, a new high of 46% of Americans are in favor of legalizing use of the drug, and a new low of 50% are opposed. The increase in support this year from 44% in 2009 is not statistically significant, but is a continuation of the upward trend seen since 2000.

These results are from Gallup's annual Crime poll, conducted Oct. 7-10. Approximately 8 in 10 Americans were opposed to legalizing marijuana when Gallup began asking about it in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Support for legalizing the drug jumped to 31% in 2000 after holding in the 25% range from the late 1970s to the mid-1990s.

A separate question in the poll asked about legalizing marijuana for medical use, and found support significantly higher than it is for legalizing the use of marijuana in general. Seventy percent of Americans say they favor making marijuana legally available for doctors to prescribe in order to reduce pain and suffering. This figure is down, however, from 78% in 2005 and 75% in 2003.

Political Leanings, Age Divide Americans' Support for Legalizing Marijuana

Across numerous subgroups, liberals' support, at 72%, is by far the highest. There is widespread support for legalization among 18- to 29-year-olds (61%) as well.

Majority support is also found among Democrats, independents, men, and political moderates.

A large majority of those living in the West, which encompasses California, are in favor of making the drug legal. Support is significantly lower in the South and Midwest.

Political conservatives and Republicans are the least supportive of legalizing marijuana. Seniors express a similarly low level of support.

Women are 10 percentage points less likely than men to favor legalizing the drug.

These demographic, political, and ideological differences in support are much the same as they were in 2009.

Bottom Line

Arguments for and against legalizing marijuana -- for personal or medical use -- are likely to continue for years to come. Even if Proposition 19 wins in California on Nov. 2, as state law it will still come up against federal law, which bans the growth and sale of marijuana.

Support for making the drug legal in general, however, is growing among Americans. The public is almost evenly split this year, with 46% in favor and 50% opposed. If the trend of the past decade continues at a similar pace, majority support could be a reality within the next few years.
    Survey Methods

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Oct. 7-10, 2010, with a random sample of 1,025 adults, aged 18 and older, living in the continental U.S., selected using random-digit-dial sampling.

Each question reported here was asked of a half-sample of approximately 500 national adults.

For results based on these total samples of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±5 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on landline telephones (for respondents with a landline telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell phone-only). Each sample includes a minimum quota of 150 cell phone-only respondents and 850 landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas among landline respondents for gender within region. Landline respondents are chosen at random within each household on the basis of which member had the most recent birthday.

Samples are weighted by gender, age, race, education, region, and phone lines. Demographic weighting targets are based on the March 2009 Current Population Survey figures for the aged 18 and older non-institutionalized population living in continental U.S. telephone households. All reported margins of sampling error include the computed design effects for weighting and sample design.

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so