User Tag List

Page 718 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 21861866870871671771871972072876881812181718 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Reading the Wikipedia articles about the Holocaust has left me with a feeling like a lingering nightmare. It's horrible to think that human beings could, and did, stoop to such a repulsive, barbaric level.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I think I have an aversion to happiness and actively seek out ways to ensure that happiness is fleeting.
    It's rather exhausting and all together a waste of time -- so instead of being a waste of space, I'm going to watch Smallville!

...the good seasons, before it went and got stupid.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    IT

I'm thinking about cheese.

Now I don't even know what to do.

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I don't want to feel like I do tonight ever again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

It seems that 99% of the time, people want far more of me than I want of them. It isn't that I don't like the people who want me--far from it--it's just that I have very little initiative when it comes to contacting them, and it's only when they bother to reach out to me that I actually experience a zest for conversation. Basically, I need someone to flip my conversational switch; I never go around flipping people's switches, myself, unless I'm practically enamored with someone, and even then, I hold myself back, out of fear of coming on too strongly. On one hand, that filters out those with less capacity to care about me, but on the other hand, it keeps me from transforming casual acquaintances into the good friends that they could be.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

what kind of chick curtsies when she greets someone???
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Reading the Wikipedia articles about the Holocaust has left me with a feeling like a lingering nightmare. It's horrible to think that human beings could, and did, stoop to such a repulsive, barbaric level.
    Sure they can. Lots of people can. Ever heard of the Milgram experiment? You should check it out.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Sure they can. Lots of people can. Ever heard of the Milgram experiment? You should check it out.
    Would that pan out exactly as it did then if it where tried out today? I mean for one we have knowledge of what the Milgram experiment was and how it worked, perhaps it would lead to someone in the experiment acting differently?

The outcome of a similar one carried out for TV in the UK was interesting, the guards not wanting to behave authoritarian where actually liberal to a fault, resulting in chaos and then a backlash incorporating even greater authoritarianism. So they pretty much concluded that legitimate authority should be enforced, by those who really want to enforce it, otherwise something worse will take its place.

Its an interesting variation on the earlier studies which seemed to suggest that authority per se was corrupting to the individuals exercising it. The patterns of obedience and expectation have changed since then too, from being inclined to expect obedience from subordinates and wish to comply obediently with instructions from superiors everyone wants to behave disobediently together. The resulting frustrations led to some pretty fascistic characters stepping into the breech to exact vengence for that frustration upon the former authorities and less popular or outsider elements within the "prisoners" population.

I'm just thinking is Milgram the guy who did the standford prison experiment and wrote the lucifer principle or the other guy who worked with the administration of shocks to actors and gauged the reactions of those delivering them?

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Strange... I don't go to the dentist for nearly 2 years and I don't have any cavities.... I go to the dentist regularly prior to that and I've got cavities.... Go figure.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Would that pan out exactly as it did then if it where tried out today? I mean for one we have knowledge of what the Milgram experiment was and how it worked, perhaps it would lead to someone in the experiment acting differently?

The outcome of a similar one carried out for TV in the UK was interesting, the guards not wanting to behave authoritarian where actually liberal to a fault, resulting in chaos and then a backlash incorporating even greater authoritarianism. So they pretty much concluded that legitimate authority should be enforced, by those who really want to enforce it, otherwise something worse will take its place.

Its an interesting variation on the earlier studies which seemed to suggest that authority per se was corrupting to the individuals exercising it. The patterns of obedience and expectation have changed since then too, from being inclined to expect obedience from subordinates and wish to comply obediently with instructions from superiors everyone wants to behave disobediently together. The resulting frustrations led to some pretty fascistic characters stepping into the breech to exact vengence for that frustration upon the former authorities and less popular or outsider elements within the "prisoners" population.

I'm just thinking is Milgram the guy who did the standford prison experiment and wrote the lucifer principle or the other guy who worked with the administration of shocks to actors and gauged the reactions of those delivering them?
    Milgram was the guy who made people believe they were giving someone lethal electric shocks.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.