User Tag List

Page 692 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 19259264268269069169269369470274279211921692 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    That's the weird part
    I don't know when it's finished enough. I personally feel like my thoughts are almost always tentative speculations, but publishing them kind of implies that they are more defined, fixed, or permanent. Then there's no more option to add and refine (well, the edit button is there, but I feel like if I end up editing it 10,000 times then it probably should have stayed in my head, lol). It's different in real life since you can say and add anything without it taking up actual space, but in writing it looks a bit clumsy and inconsiderate. I wonder how others know that something of theirs is *really* the finished product and not just part of the process of getting there.
    Probably not all people are as carefully-thought-out as you!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Einnas View Post
    Why is it ginger hair is an illness?
    Where did you learn that it is an illness? Surely that cannot be a fact.
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Where did you learn that it is an illness? Surely that cannot be a fact.
    They just said it in Top Gear, and in many TV shows they make fun of people with red hair. So I was just wondering why some people have that attitude towards it?
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Self sustaining supernova Array Zoom's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8

Salami. Salmon. Salmonella.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    I've seen these across other message boards. A random thought thread is started for everyone to post unrelated things in, instead of starting tons of new threads. These things can be personal thoughts, messages to random people/groups, whatever. Anything goes. I'll start it off

Matrixing is a term that is becoming more commonly used to describe the misidentification of something ordinary as something unusual. It comes into play most often when people take photographs and spot something in the picture they are sure was not there when the photo was taken. Often, it is a face or figure and seems to be human.

Why Does Matrixing Happen?

One explanation is that recognizing other humans, and the faces of parents, is the first skill a baby learns. Pattern recognition of this sort is also a survival tool, giving the earliest humans a way to spot predators in hiding. The skill is so fundamental that, when presented with a random set of patterns the human brain attempts to make sense of what it sees. If it can possibly resolve that random pattern into a familiar object or image -like a face-, it will.
    I like this first post. I was actually thinking about this a few days ago. Another name for it is pareidolia. It happens because it has more often acted as a benefactor to our survival than not, as you know. Unfortunately, it is also the cause of negative side-effects like people seeing Jesus on toast.

The lesson here is that this thread is a sort of "reverse pareidolia". Everything here is perceived as random and patternless, when in fact, everything has a logical cause. And of course, everything here follows the pattern of being perceived as random, ironically.

MBTI
    INTP

Saladin salute salsa

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Pikapi.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Toooo many frosted animal cookies. But they're so yummy...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Fig Newtons.