User Tag List

Page 6642 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 5642614265426592663266406641664266436644665266926742 ... LastLast
Results 66,411 to 66,420 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Had to stop myself from buying a pumpkin today.

#yaaaaassss
    Likes EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko, Eskimo2 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

ISTJ roommate knows all of us by how we walk down the stairs -- something I had never noticed.

His analysis is as follows:

ISxJ: Runs/gallops (da-dum, da-dum)
    ExFP: Heavy, flat-footed steps
    ENTP: "How the hell would I know? She lives on the ground floor!"*
    ESTJ (me): Fast, light, steady steps
    INTJ: Very, very slow pace
    ENTJ: "Saunters, like the goddamn emperor of the house. Ohhh, look at King ENTJ surveying his domain!"*

*there's a reason why we call this ISTJ "house granddad". He's curmudgeonly af.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

This is true. I too recognize people by the sound of their gait but there are some people like myself who walk relatively silently.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes EJCC, theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I usually feel so reluctant and afraid going down the stairs, even ones I've walked over like a billion times already. I walk like I'm a grandma.

#yaaaaassss
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    I usually feel so reluctant and afraid going down the stairs, even ones I've walked over like a billion times already. I walk like I'm a grandma.
    Ha I do this too. My dad always tells me I need to make sure I have three points of contact- hands on both sides of a railing and one foot on the ground at all times cuz Im so damn clumsy. And if I fall he comes and first thing he says is 'I bet you didnt have three points of contact did you?'

Theres something disorienting about going up and down stairs- but for whatever reason Im more likely to trip up than down- fall down and then have like... many many points of contact.

But anyways. I do the same thing. I try to always hold onto the rail and ALWAYS be watching my feet. And yep- ignore those who are sprinting down the steps because ahhhh no.
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo2 View Post
    Ha I do this too. My dad always tells me I need to make sure I have three points of contact- hands on both sides of a railing and one foot on the ground at all times cuz Im so damn clumsy. And if I fall he comes and first thing he says is 'I bet you didnt have three points of contact did you?'

Theres something disorienting about going up and down stairs- but for whatever reason Im more likely to trip up than down- fall down and then have like... many many points of contact.

But anyways. I do the same thing. I try to always hold onto the rail and ALWAYS be watching my feet. And yep- ignore those who are sprinting down the steps because ahhhh no.
    Ahh, I also trip up the stairs more often than down the stairs, which is so weird! I think your dad's advice sounds really helpful and will implement it from now on when I have to face the stairway of doom. Is he an ISTJ, by any chance? It sounds like something they would definitely say.

#yaaaaassss

MBTI

Ahh, I also trip up the stairs more often than down the stairs, which is so weird! I think your dad's advice sounds really helpful and will implement it from now on when I have to face the stairway of doom. Is he an ISTJ, by any chance? It sounds like something they would definitely say.
    As a matter of fact I think he is! A 6w5 sp first too to make it even MORE um... super safety seeming. He also moves my glasses and condiments away from me at dinner so I dont spill them on everyone- immediately pulls anything placed on the floor off of it so no one trips- ect ect. Very very ISTJ.

But seriously- stairways have been my nemesis for so long that I can easily name their biggest evils-

- stairways with landings- especially lots of landings or hidden landings- very likely to trip on landings.

-stairways with uneven steps.

-stairways without RAILS.

-spiral staircases. Oh god spiral staircases and I very much dont get on. They are THE WORST!

And yeah- I would recommend the three points of contact thing. Especially because if YOU do it you wont have to have my dads head in your voice saying- 'mhm told you so' in your head like I do hah.

And yeah. Lots of the times when I fall up its cuz my shoe hits that little lip thingy thats sometimes on stairs and I trip up on it. Tripping up is generally less bad than down though- I mean- its a lot harder to fall very far when you are falling up.

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

^I walk up the stairs the same way all college kids do. Quick bouncy steps, because they take the least amount of strain. And going down, slow and heavy.

Had to stop myself from buying a pumpkin today.
    Never stop yourself from buying a pumpkin.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    ^I walk up the stairs the same way all college kids do. Quick bouncy steps, because they take the least amount of strain. And going down, slow and heavy.

Never stop yourself from buying a pumpkin.

And yes- first of all agree with the pumpkin thing. The goo on its own is worth it. You can do so many wonderfully gruesome things with it.

And secondly.... YOU are part of the problem then! One of those obnoxious scaliwags that clog up the avenues and cause us klutzes so much extra effort. For shame. For shame...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

You walk differently when holding a pumpkin though. See, that's how you mess up things.