User Tag List

Page 6615 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 5615611565156565660566136614661566166617662566656715 ... LastLast
Results 66,141 to 66,150 of 67823

Thread: Random Thought Thread

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Guess who was stupid enough to permanently delete my two stories that I was working on? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gone forever~
    What word processor were you using to write the story?
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    What word processor were you using to write the story?
    Thanks, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but believe me, the files are straight up gone. I accidentally may have deleted some programs that weren't meant to be touched. The weird thing was, that when my computer warned me not to delete said programs, I clicked 'cancel', but it went ahead and did it anyway. It's kind of hard to explain. I checked the recycle bin, I tried to restore previous Windows settings, I tried them all. It's gone.

Husband wants to check it tonight, but I don't think they are retriveable. Lesson learned: Always back up your stuffs. ;p

#yaaaaassss

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes geedoenfj, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I just made that up within the five seconds before it became my turn.

What is the point.
    Likes geedoenfj, CitizenErased liked this post

Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I showed a chapter of my novel to a friend who studied literature and part of her "review" was:

... you have your own style, one in which there are no literal sentences... literally.

I'm proud.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Guess who was stupid enough to permanently delete my two stories that I was working on? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gone forever~
    That sucks, but I heard it's good to rewrite anyway. The fresh start should help you not rethink what you originally wrote.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    That sucks, but I heard it's good to rewrite anyway. The fresh start should help you not rethink what you originally wrote.
    True that. Plus, I wasn't super passionate about those two stories, so, it's like you said: new beginnings.

In other news, I just lol'd really hard at the IMDB's description for the French film 'Love Me If You Dare'.
    A love story between two psychopaths that turns into a dare-or-not-dare game.
    SCREAMING

#yaaaaassss

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Don't mind @Mole and his faux anti Americanism. He's mostly projecting his fear of capitulation to American Hegemony and eventual assimilation. I'll elaborate;

Truth be told, he knows that the U.S. has 'his' back and as a fellow member of the 'anglophone' sphere we are Besties If there was some sort of hostile nation threatening them we'd gladly send em a couple carrier task forces at the minimum. Our Bros From Down Undertm
    This is true, and we only have to look at the aftermath of WW II to see it is true.

The Russians liberated a number of East European States, but did not go home after the war. By contrast, the USA fought with us against Imperial Japan with large forces in Australia, but when the war was over, they went home.

And in 1951 we signed a military treaty with the US called the ANZUS Treaty, which has remained in force ever since. To that we have added a free trade agreement with the USA, which you might be pleased to know that the USA benefits more that Oz, but we are happy with it because we also benefit. And not content with that we signed the Antarctic Treaty with the USA as a signatory, banning mining and the military from Antarctica. This is important to us as we claim one third of Antarctica. As well, we are part of the Five Eyes, Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand, and the USA, an effective global surveillance network.

What more could we ask for?
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

PHOENIX (AP) -- Three Phoenix police officers have resigned after a man alleged they forced him to eat marijuana found in his vehicle to avoid going to jail, Chief Joseph Yahner said Thursday.

A space station that was [MADE IN CHINA] is falling to Earth in pieces.

Go figure!