User Tag List

Page 6614 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 5614611465146564660466126613661466156616662466646714 ... LastLast
Results 66,131 to 66,140 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Could it be that panic attacks are an accidental trigger of the fight or flight response? And if that is the case, then the solution would be to run really, really fast or beat up someone (with their approval of course). I think someone should test this out. I'd do it myself but libertarians don't panic.
    Amygdala hijacks. http://neurosciencefundamentals.unsw...+limbic+System Break the cycle, rise above, focus on science. Calming Your Brain During Conflict
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs View Post
    I want to live in Australia. Do Aussies hate Americans?
    We have a few Aussies on the forums @Ingrid in grids for example. At least 4 more, whose names escape me at the moment. Frankly that they've lived long enough to be long time members on the forums is amazing. Considering how dangerous Australian fauna is.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Crabs, Ingrid in grids, geedoenfj liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    We have a few Aussies on the forums @Ingrid in grids for example. At least 4 more, whose names escape me at the moment. Frankly that they've lived long enough to be long time members on the forums is amazing. Considering how dangerous Australian fauna is.

Mole is from Oz. And he's definitely not a fan of America.

@strawberries is Australian too. What happened to strawberries, dammit?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Mole is from Oz. And he's definitely not a fan of America.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/9822.html" target="_blank">strawberries</a> is Australian too. What happened to strawberries, dammit?
    Don't mind @Mole and his faux anti Americanism. He's mostly projecting his fear of capitulation to American Hegemony and eventual assimilation. I'll elaborate;

Truth be told, he knows that the U.S. has 'his' back and as a fellow member of the 'anglophone' sphere we are Besties If there was some sort of hostile nation threatening them we'd gladly send em a couple carrier task forces at the minimum. Our Bros From Down Undertm

How long would an American have to live in Australia to acquire an authentic accent? Not like a fake Madonna British accent.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

How long would an American have to live in Australia to acquire an authentic accent? Not like a fake Madonna British accent.
    Good question! Our Aussies prolly know.

I'll add that the absolute hottest accent I've heard to date (I'm no spring chicken) is a Spanish laced Australian accent. She was a Latina who moved to Australia and then learned English for a few years, so her English was Australian but with a Spanish flair.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Crabs liked this post

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I had a history teacher in high school who was American, but had lived in Australia for almost 30 years. He hadn't lost his accent at all.

I think the people who tend to take on the accent most are British, or ESL.

The only American-Australian hybrid accents I've heard have been Australians who have moved to the US.

I'm not really sure why it doesn't go the other way. Maybe there are some Americans who have picked up the Aussie accent. I've just never come across any.
    Likes Crabs liked this post

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Could it be that panic attacks are an accidental trigger of the fight or flight response? And if that is the case, then the solution would be to run really, really fast or beat up someone (with their approval of course). I think someone should test this out. I'd do it myself but libertarians don't panic.
    Yeah, they're a similar physiological response.

I've been experiencing panic attacks lately. I went for a run today. I find aerobic activity helps with anxiety for sure. The effects last a few hours for me.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My garbage is better than your garbage.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Guess who was stupid enough to permanently delete my two stories that I was working on? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gone forever~

#yaaaaassss